Book

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Morris

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:The Knightmare novels were written by a Mr. Morris. In KMVR, Lord Fear's middle name was revealed to be... Morris. Do you think that's more than a coincidence?
Ha, I wondered the same thing - whether Lissard & Lord Fear's middle names were based on Tim Child and Dave Morris!

(How funny would it be if Lord Fear's name turned out to be Dave?! Though he'd probably like the idea of having a whole TV channel named after him... especially "the home of witty banter".)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:(How funny would it be if Lord Fear's name turned out to be Dave?! Though he'd probably like the idea of having a whole TV channel named after him... especially "the home of witty banter".)
Dave Fear? That reminds me of The League of Gentlemen's Papa Lazarou who always kept calling everyone "Dave".... especially as it's claimed that the character still remains "the stuff of Knightmares"!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:Dave Fear? That reminds me of The League of Gentlemen's Papa Lazarou who always kept calling everyone "Dave"....
OK, now I have a hilarious mental image of Papa Lazarou's face appearing, uninvited, in the Pool of Veracity --
PL: "Hello, Dave? Is that Dave?"
LF: "WHAT!" (voice drops to a threatening hiss) "Who is this? Where did you hear that name?!?"
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare gamebook on YouTube

Post by Canadanne »

The Labyrinths of Fear gamebook is being played collaboratively on YouTube at the moment! I always found them a tad boring to play on my own, so this is quite an entertaining twist.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Will Mike triumph or perish?! Stay tuned to find out.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare gamebook on YouTube

Post by shadow6162 »

Wow this looks good! Thanks for the links.
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Part 7 is now up here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

And here is Part 9.
johnw2738
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by johnw2738 »

Thanks for keeping this thread up to dated! It was really helping one
Karinsky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Those books

Post by Karinsky »

I think it would be pretty good if those Knightmare books were re-published.
Now they wern't very big and there weren't that many.. so on book that contains them all would be neat. (Saves hunting them on ebay and getting something that's ripped to shreds) I don't like E-books but even that's better then nothing. Even a small limited number were produced for those who wanted them. Knightmare should be fully documented and these books should be part of it.

Be a nice keep sake for the fans too, they were fun.

In fact, a new hardcover book about the history, and the art work, and everything else would be awesome. :D
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Those books

Post by pjmlfc05 »

That sounds like a cool idea, would love to see a hardcover book and would definately buy it. Used to love reading the books as a kid!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Karinsky
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Those books

Post by Karinsky »

I'm in the middle of reading the History of hammer studios and read a few of Ray Harryhausen's books last year. Something like this on Knightmare would be awesome. Lots of photots, history, behind the scenes artwork, and everything else. It may happen if someone is willing to take up the challenge.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Leahra

Post by Canadanne »

I have some questions about the first Knightmare novella. (By the way, there are so many different conversations compiled into this one thread, do you think there ought to be a subforum for discussion of the books? I found a few other threads that might fit as well - here, here and here.)

So, the two things I'm wondering about at the moment are:

1) When Leahra was imprisoned by the Gruagach at Knightmare Castle, why was she concocting potions for him? The Gruagach got really mad when one of Vestan's henchmen spilt a few drops in the dungeon while bringing them to him. I can't quite imagine what these potions were for, or why the Gruagach couldn't make them himself.

2) What exactly is the significance of Treguard finding a Dunshelm medallion around Leahra's neck? Again it sends the Gruagach into a rage, for some reason. I can't see what it adds to the scene and I don't know if I'm missing something. (Can the villains at Knightmare Castle actually hear their conversation via the magic Eye, or does it only show images? I wouldn't have thought it transmitted sound, but the Gruagach knows that Treguard received Leahra's warning, even though she would have appeared to be a motionless corpse throughout the scene. I'm not sure if that's down to his psychic powers or what.)

Any thoughts?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Book

Post by Mystara »

Yes, might be worth separating this out.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Book

Post by wombstar »

What confuses me is a topic which has half a dozen different 'subject titles# 8-o
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in