Favourite End

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:End of series

Post by Kieran »

The Jericho 6 wall was used several times, I won't mention one of them as it would give a spoiler for S2, but the wall was broken at some point in KM's history, so it was not always an impossible task.

The next step is indeed Merlin's 'chamber', although the room was used for different things in its 3 year history.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Sai
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:End of season

Post by Sai »

To be fair (and I know I'm biased, I was there) the only bit of our ending (Season 7) that was fixed was the "mysterious" reappearance of the eye shield.

Talking with Mr. Child at the time he mentioned they didn't normally like having more than one team win a season. So we weren't "due" to. In fact the next team was being lined up.

When they realised we'd actually got quite far and that the next team wouldn't have much of a go we had to shoot some extra footage as filler. Probably this is the reason for such a climactic final.

And yes, the lifeforce bits get edited in later. The only clue you get that the dungeoneer is hungry is Treguard's warnings.
Crazedhefer
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crazedhefer »

I have always felt that the series 7 ending was the best, mainly because it felt like the only one (with the possible exception of series 1) to be fair on the team in question. All other final teams had their quest cut short through sheer bad luck of not having enough time to see it through to it's conclusion. Barry's team on the other hand had time to get through the whole dungeon and earn their quest victory, albeit having had to pick up the Troll hammer along the way. It was also nice to see that they were given a proper send-off and not just whisked away like the final team from series 6.
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Mar 2005, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
The only true wisdom consists of knowing that we know nothing.
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

Let's be honest, it was so unfair what happened to team 7, series 6. Okay, they may have been a bit boring, but they were doing quite well and they helped saved the dungeon! And they didn't even get a decent goodbye. So unfair! On the other hand, I think season 5's ending was particularly dramatic, especially when the ice-spell started!
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

I think Series 4 as a bit of a bummer... Had the phase shift not interrupted them they could have done it. But the quest for the Cup remains unbeaten
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
sodoto
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sodoto »

Hee, I liked the first season's ending, only because it seemed like it WAS deliberately inserted: it was a room that could have been shoved in at the last moment when they realised they were running out of time.

The most memorable ending for me, though, was season 8. I still remember how gutted I felt that there was going to be any more for ages - and it tripled when my brother told me that was IT. One more year and I'd have been the right age to apply, dammit!!! ...yes, I still have rage about it...
Sidestep right.
Delphino19
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Delphino19 »

it would hardly seem fair that, if a team had been halfway through level 3 for instance and they just die, thinkin that they had won. so obviously, series 1 had the worst ending.

there was one ending where the dungeoneer was brought out with a "unite" spell. think it was series 2, cant remember. after all i was only 4 when series 8 ended.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Hi! It was RETURN for series 2, and UNITE for series 3 and 4.
Subject to change.
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

season 7 had the most spectacular ending, with the sparks from the floor andeven an advisor pointing towards it, and the slow mo. its the first time anyhting unpleasent actually entered the ante chamber. can u imagine, if barry said to gwen- stuff the hammer, give me the shield- what ending would have happened then- would treguard and knightmare castle been destroyed with lord fear in place?
Ooh, nasty!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have to say I am most fond of the S2 and S3 end of season effects. I remember them very clearly as a young person, and still recall how shocked I was when S4 aired, and to me, at the time, it looked like the dungeon really had broken into many pieces given the look of some castles in the season.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Yeah, I rewmember when series 3 ended and I thought it was probably then end of Knightmare forever. However I wasn't shocked when series 4 came on becaseu I had seen a preview and some behind thesecenes work on Motor Mouth over the summer of 1990. Treguard appeared on the show and then him and Andy Crane took a walk along the battlements of Knightmare castle. They talked about special effects and showed some of the rooms that would appear in series 4.

Then in the last couple of weeks leading up to the start of series 4, at the end of the summer holidays I saw some KM adverts. There was one with Fatilla, one with Hordriss and the series 4 Pooka and another with Treguard.
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

I remember him being on Motormouth too and for some reason recall Treguard some some of dance too?
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

In series six, wasn't Smirkenorff weakened by the lack of Firestones, because 'Elita' was shut in a box?

I haven't seen that episode since I was six. Does my memory serve me true?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Thanatos
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Thanatos »

Yes.
"The Tory Party is the cream of society: rich, thick and full of clots." - anonymous