most etnse room

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

most etnse room

Post by pickle »

:o hi guys. I'd like to know what people's most dramatic room was. Mine was without question Play Your Cards Right. I remember watching it and my heart was racing, with the sound of the goblin horn echoing. The dramatic, da dun music. The teams teams panicking. Even now watching it on the video clip my heart was a-pounding.
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: most etnse room

Post by Arcengal »

Corridor of Blades anyone?

Out of the one's I've seen on TV, I'd have to say.....
The Shark Room : )
4 line sigs yada yada yada
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hmm, good question.

One would be the Corridor of Blades, although perhaps that's less "tense" than sheer panic both on the part of those playing and watching! It's an amazing design, sheer brilliance.

But if I had to choose one I'd go with you. Especially in its first year, PYCR was fantastic. It takes a while to complete, so it allows the tension to develop. Something like that could easily have been pedestrian, or just dull. But it was just hard enough so that the fact it took some time was a real advantage, in my view. Each choice is all or nothing. The music was fantastic, a real aid to the atmosphere. And the goblin horn gave a further sense of urgency to it- and everyone remembers the ledge disappearing under goblin feet. Even if the team had worked out the correct pattern, the last card was always going to be a real tester. Wonderful.

It's also a puzzle that could still work really well in the new KM, where the dungeoneer has vision. (Sorry for repeating myself in that observation- I know I've made it elsewhere.) Alternating the cards with other sets of logical sequences of a similar difficulty would make it a great staple puzzle for the reformed dungeon.  
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

For me it's probably the causeways. I can remember not bearing to look! The Great Causeway is particularly knice!
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: most tense room

Post by DavidNewton »

The causeways are great, if repetitive - when I watched them on video a while ago I was still screaming at the screen for them to get a move on.

I should really try and get some videos of S7/8 some time, you all know by now that my memory for that period has been blanked.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

The only trouble with series 7 (and 4 and 1) is that they were a bit repetetive (to the point of identical monologues for every quest!) which is probably why we're having such bad luck trying to get a DVD release. I know it's a lot to ask but I hope the new series strives to make each quest unique - that will surely guarantee a DVD release if it's successful.
Subject to change.
pickle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by pickle »

8) yeah i definitely remember taping it(but then stupidity reigned and i taped over it) and particularly when PYCR was on i couldn't watch so watched something like cbbc and then flicked back and if the team had survived i could watch it later and relax-sort of! I distinctly watching some cartoon on cbbc for 5 minutes and when i flicked back they were still in the same room. fantastic drama, though!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I agree! I think that tension is what Km is all about.

If the new series is going to be successful, its gonna need loads of the stuff! Why should the younger generation get an easy ride?  ;D
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Causeways...creepy...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Simple: Great Causeway: Tension,
           Corridor Of Blades: Blind Panic and absolutely fantastic,
           Play Your Cards Right: Time, music, atmosphere - best thing of Series 7 and 8 by a mile... apart from Romanha/Marta and Stiletta....! ;) lol!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Steady!  :D
Subject to change.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Too late for steadyness!!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
NouCamp
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by NouCamp »

Play your cardsright was absolutely tense, and thrilling. The music was a sensation.  The causeways were also tense, as was the dreaded corridoor of blades. Oh, and one more really tense one - who can forget that Medusa from series 2 - which froze dungeoneers if they looked at it too much.  Bomb rooms were quite tense, too - the fuse went at speed. And rooms where you would hear troll steps in later series - now that was also intense.
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

Am I the only one who found the dwarf tunnels of the later series terrifying? I actually used to relax when they showed the goblins following the hapless dungeoneer - at least that diffused the "are they about to get pounced on?" tension  ::)
Assassins do it from behind
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

Play your cards right
Corridor of blades
Causeways
:'(
I Love Goblins