Grimaldine and the Brollochan

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Grimaldine and the Brollochan

Post by PookasRule »

Do any sources out there say what happened to these two characters and whether or not Grimaldine was able to rescue the Brollochan from Lord Fear's tyranny or whether Brolly met a sticky end at Fear's hands?

If there's no source, what do you guys suppose happened? The Brollochan was only featured in Series 7 so something must have happened.
I'm a Mogdred fan!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Grimaldine and the Brollochan

Post by Pooka »

Well, since both Grimaldine and the Brollachan disappeared after series 7, it's a pretty safe bet that Grimaldine managed to retrieve it and transport himself and the creature back from whence they came.

Since Fear was forced to talk to the Brollachan at the end of series 7, it may also be the case that Fear actually told the Brollachan all that it wanted to know, and it went to find Grimaldine itself. But I think that the first explanation is far more likely.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PookasRule »

Cool, thanks for the reply my fellow Pooka. It would be nice to think that the Brollachan was rescued and got to go back home accompanied by someone who would undoubtedly look after it properly. The final scene of Series 7 is great as the Brollachan gets the last laugh and I like the idea that Fear had no choice but to tell it everything it wanted to know. Then when Grimaldine managed to recover it, he too would have shared his obvious vast wealth of knowledge with it also. And who knows, perhaps Bulstrode the Kingof the Trolls managed to improve on his limited knowledge while he was using Lord Fear, Lizzard, Raptor and Sylvester Hands as pin cushions.

Another aspect of the Brollachan that interests me is its description as a shapeshifter. Can we take this to mean that before its capture by Lord Fear it had a different physical appearance altogether or do you reckon it has always been a wall monster?
I'm a Mogdred fan!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

In mythology, the Brollachan is a creature that usually appears as two eyes and a mouth, often from a rock of somesuch. I think his shapeshifting ability is usually used to travel through walls, ceilings and so forth, rather than actually change his shape, exactly.

He appears in "Lord Fear's Domain" as a voice issuing from the bottom of a well, so presumably he can manifest himself in water without harm, too.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.