The stone trolls

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
PookasRule
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

The stone trolls

Post by PookasRule »

Maybe it's just me, but when I originally watched Knightmare I found these guys to be truly terrifying (OK, I was five years old at the time. ;D) Seriously though, their booming footsteps that followed a particular dungeoneer for room after room and the fact that you mostly only saw their feet made them deeply unsettling.

Watching the series again has lessened that feeling of dread greatly but one scene that still has the ability to creep me out is the scene where Lord Fear sends a troll (the King I think) to attack the antechamber and the fact that HE ACTUALLY MANAGES TO GET IN briefly still makes meshiver slightly. It must be the sight of him coming up head first, although seeing him falling all that way to crush Fear and Lizzard really undoes the scare factor and makes me laugh with glee.

I would like to have seen more done with the trolls, perhaps a scene where the dungeoneer would have to confront the giant centurion lookalike with a spell or something (or maybe even having a sword fight ;D ;D), but nevertheless they were still more than adequate for the job.
Last edited by Anonymous on 13 Dec 2008, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Mogdred fan!