Pointless but cool things you wish had been done but weren't

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Pointless but cool things you wish had been done but weren't

Post by Gizensha »

Just was thinking while playing with a few dice that it would have been cool if there were six animations for the dice-room, so that the actually rolled number corresponded to the number rolled on the computer animated die, maybe with that number corresponding to the amount of doors in the opened up die (so that if a 1 was rolled, one door would be present, while if a 6 was rolled six would be.)
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Pointless but cool things you wish had been done but weren't

Post by Naitch »

Treguard dropping the napsack, and then Majida having to bend over to pick it up, and then Stiletta coming in and offering to help, thus making Majida jelous and the two of them end up in a scrap and wrestling in jelly :P :P :P

Ahem...

Excuse me, I think I'll just go and have a cold shower :-[
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Naitch wrote: Treguard dropping the napsack, and then Majida having to bend over to pick it up, and then Stiletta coming in and offering to help, thus making Majida jelous and the two of them end up in a scrap and wrestling in jelly :P :P :P
Or Baked Beans or Gravy! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Naitch wrote: Majida having to bend over to pick it up
How many times, everyone? Keep your hands off Majida, she's mine!!!
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I ifnd it really tacky when people make up adult/sexual stuff between kids TV characters.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Ariadne's Layer wrote: I ifnd it really tacky when people make up adult/sexual stuff between kids TV characters.
Rule 34, me old china. Trying to resist it is even more futile than King Canute's efforts to hold back the tide.

Besides, it should have been custard.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

Back on topic before the Horndogs REALLY start howling.

I'd love to have seen proper external shots of Smirkenorff in flight or landing.

Not just the usual Over-the-shoulder and head shots but watching from the ground as he landed or the view from a second airborne cam following Him along the route to wherever they were heading. That sort of thing.

Presumably they'd have been too expensive at the time to make but well within CGI capabilities these days.
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Snowcat wrote: Back on topic before the Horndogs REALLY start howling.

I'd love to have seen proper external shots of Smirkenorff in flight or landing.

Not just the usual Over-the-shoulder and head shots but watching from the ground as he landed or the view from a second airborne cam following Him along the route to wherever they were heading. That sort of thing.

Presumably they'd have been too expensive at the time to make but well within CGI capabilities these days.
Now that would have been cool!

I would have liked to have seen more competion between the Wizards too, instead of that one duel betwen Hordriss and Gimwaldine.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Lord Fear placing SAM sites within The Great Rift of Angar? :) (Smirky: "Noooooooo!")

Treguard using a remote control for the... Ahem! "Magic Mirror" ;D (Treguard: "Bloody Freeview!" [Slapping remote against his leg] :))
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

At some point in series 1, somebody mentioned a competition between the Level 2 guards. We never got to see it. I'd have loved a sparring match between Cedric, Gumboil and Gibbet! Bah!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

As a youth could spend many hours contemplating what would happen if the dungoneer did, in fact, turn back. Would they just instantly die?? Would the dungeon explode??? Would a monster eat them????
Malice's loyal subject
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

They would have probably just bashed their noses on the door that slammed shut behind them. ;) Having said that, one team DID try to turn back and were greeted with the good ol' skull and eyes flying at them.

Something else I would've loved to see was more moving elements in the Blue screen room similar to the spindizzy.

It always annoyed me in the moving block floor puzzles that the block could easily just slide out from under the Dungeoneers feet instead of dragging them along for the few Inches/Feet that a "real" platform would've done. A minor nitpick perhaps but a pet hate nonetheless.
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Snowcat wrote: It always annoyed me in the moving block floor puzzles that the block could easily just slide out from under the Dungeoneers feet instead of dragging them along for the few Inches/Feet that a "real" platform would've done. A minor nitpick perhaps but a pet hate nonetheless.
Similar problem in the Mills Of Doom. I suppose, if we're 'playing the game', we could rationalise the Mills by suggesting that only the outer teeth of the cogs were moving, rather like a nut being tightened onto a bolt, but it's not very clear or convincing.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Could the Mills of Doom be another one of Mogreads' Techno-Magic prototypes Martin? :) Sounds rather convincing...

If a dungeoneer was on a moving block, it would be more convincing if he'd either moved with it graphically(painstakingly difficult!) or stumbled to the right if it had gone left if you get my drift? :)
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

For me, The Mills Of Doom, The Corridor(s) Of Spears, The Corridor Of Blades, and the Automatum are all proof that Mogdred was a technosorcerer... assuming he was the one who constructed them.