Question regarding choice room

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
FwjRam
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Question regarding choice room

Post by FwjRam »

I was wondering if any one knew if any one took the choice of the Cup in the Place of Choice cause i dont think anyone went for it anyone able to enlighten if this is the case
F.W JAMIESON
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Question regarding choice room

Post by Drassil »

Knightmare.com's Team pages, within the Series sections, tell you each team's quest object. In the case of the Place of Choice, i.e. Series 4, the 1st and 8th teams, with dungeoneers Helen and Giles, chose the Cup.

Between knightmare.com and the Lexicon on Interactive Knightmare, a great many answers to Knightmare-related questions can be found with only a little searching. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

Yes, but discussion is not to be sniffed at, in my opinion. If somebody wants to ask something rather than look it up, it's a good way of getting a discussion going.

There's a severe lack of replies on these forums IMO compared to the old days, let's not discourage it when it comes up!

Regarding the place of choice - series 4 - I remember even as a child it was blatantly obvious it didn't matter what quest the teams chose, it was always the same old quest!!

Of course the teams at the time didn't know that but as a viewer it was ruddy annoying ;D If pickle said "Why, it's the eyeshield, master!" once more I would have rammed it down his throat! Ahem...
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Ariadne's Layer wrote: If somebody wants to ask something rather than look it up, it's a good way of getting a discussion going.
There's no harm in doing both, as you yourself did with your recent Harris post. :)
Ariadne's Layer wrote: There's a severe lack of replies on these forums IMO compared to the old days, let's not discourage it when it comes up!
While my present post count does not indicate seniority, I'd like to think it demonstrates that I'm not someone who discourages discussion. ;)

There are many possible reasons why the forum is so quiet these days, but rather than hoping it will become busy, I believe that the best we can aspire to is keeping it from falling completely silent. This is important; but also important is making sure that members are aware of the resources at their disposal, i.e. the pages of knightmare.com and the Lexicon, into which a lot of hard work has gone. Fwj's question has been answered, and he knows where more information can be found, so it's win-win. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
FwjRam
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by FwjRam »

Thanks for the repiles people i should of mentioned the Place of choice with all four quest objects and u had to stand on the picture that represnted the objects i didnt mean the earlier place of choice involving the spinning disk so i ask again did any one choice the Cup in that place of choice which if in remember stated in session 6 if iam right
F.W JAMIESON
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

Yes that room was in series 6. No team chose the cup in that room (incidentally, nobody ever won a quest for the cup).
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

I absolutely agree with you 100% :D It's important to inform members of the other resources availible. I just felt the way you worded it (completely unintentional of course) may have sounded to the OP like they should have looked it up instead of posting about it.

But I probably should not have butted in anyway :p

Out of interest what did people prefer? Treguard telling the team what their quest was for (which took away the feeling of the team having some kind of control), asking them which quest they wanted ( a bit boring), or the choice chambers (more interesting but some may see them as a waste of adventure time)?
Last edited by Anonymous on 10 Jul 2008, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The names of the two choice rooms come from remarks by Pickle: "Place of Choice" in Series 4, "Hall of Choice" in Series 6. (Both have entries in the Lexicon.) To bring in Fidjit's theory on the matter:
Fidjit wrote: A quest for the Cup ... NEVER occured in the series. Partly because the tile was parked to the far right! Nobody ever looks right usually!
Gizensha
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gizensha »

You're 10-14 years old. You get given the choice of questing for the sword, the shield, the crown or the cup. Which are you going to go for? (Although I wouldn't go for sword in the Knightmare context, it's obviously a weapon, afterall...)

Now, if they'd have called the cup the challis instead, that's another matter entirely. That sounds cool, despite essentially meaning the same thing.

However, Fidjit makes an interesting point - Extreme right. Though I tend to look right due to training my observation skills on platform games as a kid ;)

Wouldn't extreme right indicate that the Quest for the Cup was the one that people should pick, given the "Right path is right" principle? Maybe one less tough challenge in the quest?

And now some off topic discussion
Drassil wrote:There are many possible reasons why the forum is so quiet these days
"No new episodes since 1994" is probably the most likely... I mean, not every fandom can remain very active (or at least very vocal) during a 16 year gap with no new things in the primary medium of the work...
but rather than hoping it will become busy
Well, assuming those intriguing hints made earlier this year come to some sort of fruition I imagine it will become... Busier, even if not actually 'busy'.
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Naitch »

Well seeing as the questions have been answered, I thought I' d put my two cents in anyways.

But you can see that the cup was chosen.

Also, I think the Lexicon is a great thing, and I use it a fair bit.

However, there is just something about talking over the subject with of Knightfans on the forums.

I know I've been away for ages, but even so, I do love the KM forum.

If I ever got the chance, I think I would have chosen the Sword or the Crown...