Teams ud like to have killed off sooner

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Teams ud like to have killed off sooner

Post by knightmaredave »

Thought i'd start a new thread. So we know many teams came to a sticky end but are there any teams you'd have got rid of sooner in their quest? And how would you have done it?? My thoughts tomorrow..........
knightmaredave
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re:Teams ud like to have killed off sooner

Post by Snowcat »

Easy, Akash and his 3 little maids getting eaten by the wall monster as they should've been.

You could tell that Akash was the fan and his clueless advisors were merely along for the ride. How the heck they managed to get s'far as the antechamber in the first place is a good question!
Killing a team that early would've done a couple of things:-

We'd get to see what was supposed to happen when a team got all 3 riddles wrong.

It would've swiftly despatched one of the worst teams that ever attempted the Dungeon.

It would've validated the "Danger" and the fact that even level 1 wasn't to be taken lightly.

I must admit, I also used to hate when a doomed quest went over multiple episodes (ie, they messed up and you knew it but the critical moment didn't arrive before timeout). Deaths are that abitrary in KM that I always wanted the messup to be followed immediately by deathdismissNEXT!!!!

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in me old age. ;)
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Choice 1 In series 6 I thought team 3/Alan were lucky to get as far as they did in many respects, given how starters Matt and Sumaya set the bar high with very decent level two efforts. I think Alan and chums were lucky to get to level 3 as their level two was arguably much easier than the former two quests (no causeways for a start).

I would have had them killed off much earlier in level 2 although it's a harsh thing to say as we only saw their edited experience, perhaps the production team felt otherwise. We might have heard that advisor say "you might fall off something" more frequently rather than "you're not going to fall off anything". Nonetheless, the scales of justice were tipped more evenly when Al and pals got a causeway in the early stages of the third level. And that was that.

I think I would have killed them in L2 with a challenge where you had to move your feet quickly (for example, an S6 version of the block and tackle or the other more obvious choice the great Corridor of Blades).

Choice 2 Series 5 team 3/Sarah. I wondered if this team ever watched knightmare before they came on to the show, given some of the comments that were made at times!! That's not to say the team were particularly bad, in fact, if they had not ever watched knightmare before, it was a good effort that maybe deserved level 3 status. The problem was, they weren't a team and one advisor directed everything as I remember. I think we saw a similar situation in team dynamics with Duncan's team towards the end of the series, but he was instantly killed off for the lack of team cooperation. I can't help but think had Sarah and co had the same challenge to get to level two (counting floors down the descender), they probably would have met a similar fate with the C.O.B. I have been cutting haven't I? Oooh nasty.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Snowcat wrote: Easy, Akash and his 3 little maids getting eaten by the wall monster as they should've been.
I've opted for the team that followed them: Series 2 Team 7 .

As much as I actually enjoyed their comical blundering through the dungeon, how it took them as far as the end of Level 2 escapes me.

On the first level, they stalled in the bomb room, got hit on the head by a snake, and then only answered one of Granitas' riddles correctly.

Then on the second level, there was that classic encounter with Mogdred where they tried to dispel his magic and kept missing out one of the letters.

At the wellway that was guarded by Cedric, the production team must have felt that they had blundered for long enough and after they got into a muddle with magic once again, Cedric simply whacked Neil (the dungeoneer) on the head to finish off the quest.

Amusing, at the very least, in an unusual way.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

JamesA wrote:I've opted for the team that followed them: Series 2 Team 7 .

As much as I actually enjoyed their comical blundering through the dungeon, how it took them as far as the end of Level 2 escapes me.

On the first level, they stalled in the bomb room, got hit on the head by a snake, and then only answered one of Granitas' riddles correctly.

Then on the second level, there was that classic encounter with Mogdred where they tried to dispel his magic and kept missing out one of the letters.

At the wellway that was guarded by Cedric, the production team must have felt that they had blundered for long enough and after they got into a muddle with magic once again, Cedric simply whacked Neil (the dungeoneer) on the head to finish off the quest.

Amusing, at the very least, in an unusual way.
That would make a good list of reasons why they deserved to get killed off earlier, but not why you'd want them to be. Personally, I rate their quest as one of my all-time favourites, despite - perhaps even because - they weren't much kop, and because they also had the best sense of humour of the teams from the early years. I think it would've been a real shame if they'd lost early.

I have to plump for Gideon and team from season 8. All that relentless howling of "Oh GOD!!!!!" really started to grate before they were halfway through Level One. And in the event, we had to put up with them 'till halfway through Level Three... :-\
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

Mine has to be series 5 team 3. the advisors were o indecisive sand just kept blundering around level 1 as if it were a holiday thank gawd elita refused them aid in l 3!!!!
knightmaredave