Knightmare Chat

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Re:Knightmare Chat

Post by TheBrollachan »

Just a quick message to say that there's a Boxing Day chat currently taking place in the chatroom. :)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Mindezzy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mindezzy »

Erm...Question.

The site says that mIRC is a valid client, and indeed I use mIRC for a lot of things, but I don't see anywhere where it says which server and/or channel to join.

So how'm I supposed to connect through mIRC without a server/channel to connect to? ::)
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu/index.php?page=chat
Connection Details
Server     Knightmare.homeip.net
Port     6667
Channel     #Knightmare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Mindezzy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Mindezzy »

Oh... oh yeah... didn't notice that >>; *blind*

*slinks off into the darkness*
Romana

Post by Romana »

Is KM Chat still on the go?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

It's still there, although it's often pretty quiet.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

The Knightmare chatroom's been down quite a bit this year, which has affected its popularity, but it's by no means closed. If you visit http://interactive.knightmare.org.uk, there's a box which will tell you who's in the chatroom at any given time.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

If knightmare.homeip.net doesn't work for you, irc.knightmare.org.uk (port 6667) also works.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Knightmare Chat [Reclaimed?]

Post by Pooka »

Knightmare Chat has been all but forgotten recently due to people being busy and a few general changes all around. Consequently, the chat room (#Knightmare) ended up not even being registered.

I suggest we reclaim KM Chat. Forester (who owns the server) very kindly gave me an Op status, so I could register the channel.

The official times for Knightmare Chat are Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 pm onwards. Sunday is generally the day when it's supposed to be its busiest.

However, the chat room is always open and I'm going to try and be as available as I can. IKM has a pretty neat little box showing who's currently in the chat room if you want to drop in.
The idea behind this is that, like a lot of IRC channels, #Knightmare should be a place for members of the community to chat whenever they want to, but with scheduled times during which it's pretty much guaranteed to get a chat going. If you want to, you can have a client (or a tab, if you're using Mozilla or new IE) open and idle in #Knightmare.

The bots in residence are Caei and Cypher. Caei has a pseudo-AI programmed into her and will recall what you tell her. Cypher logs everything that is said in Chat, even if it's not in one of the logs on IKM.

For the technically-minded of us, point your IRC client at irc.knightmare.org.uk port 6667. Then /join #knightmare.

If you have no experience of IRC but want to chat, there are two web-based chat clients still available here.

If I can think of anything else, I'll reply to this thread or edit this post.
Last edited by Pooka on 12 Feb 2008, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Knightmare Chat [Reclaimed?]

Post by Drassil »

Pooka wrote:#Knightmare ended up not even being registered.
Not being as technically-minded as I could be, I'd like to ask: what is the significance of that? When I visited the chatroom last weekend, it seemed as accessible as ever.

Knightmare Chat has been around almost as long as Knightmare.com, and holds great memories for many KMers, so I hope that your attempt to revive it is as successful as you want it to be. Will you be co-ordinating your efforts with Billy, who (according to his Lexicon entry) is ranked as the chatroom's co-owner and 'Founder'?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

The chatroom's registration actually affirms the existence of #km as an entity; anyone can join an unregistered chatroom, but a registered one has a founder and an auto-op system and will retain topics and stuff. In other words, it exists een when someone's not in it.

That's how I've always understood it, anyway...

I'll definitely be making Billy a SOP if/when he re-registers. I'll hang onto "Founder" status (it's given to whoever registers the room), but people like Forester, Billy, K and so on (ex-OPs / founders) I'd hope to have stand by as OPs.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

My understanding was that Billy had done away with the whole Ops concept, in order to promote equality within the chatroom and thereby make it more welcoming to anyone put off by the whole hierarchy arrangement. (And for me, personally, it worked.) Again, this is perhaps something to talk about with Billy.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Hmmm. I haven't heard anything about that. At the moment, the only Op I've appointed is Forester, and he owns the network anyway.

Maybe I could Op the bots, and make everyone else who registers a Voice. Or Voice the bots, and leave everyone else as a prole.

But I do think we need more than one regular Op in the Room, just in case we get trolls. It's been known to happen.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Thanks to everyone who came into chat tonight. It was a bit fragmented, but we got a load of old and new faces in. Hopefully, over the weekend we can get more people on Saturday and Sunday.

One thing I forgot to mention is that people might be better off registering their nicknames. I'm still trying to decide about ops/hops, but I want to vop all the registered users and leave the bots as proles. That might be a better idea!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I shall be in tonight.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'