Happy Knightmare Day!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Happy Knightmare Day!

Post by Billy »

Today marks 18 years since the first episode of Knightmare was broadcast on ITV. I suggest that, from here on, we name the 7th September 'Knightmare Day' in commemoration of the event.

To celebrate, we'll be having a special midweek chat in #knightmare tonight. As usual, it officially starts at 8pm, but people usually turn up an hour or so earlier. Hope to see you there!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Happy Knightmare Day!

Post by Drassil »

In some ways, it might be more meaningful for individuals to choose their own personal 'Knightmare Day' - the first time they saw Knightmare, the day they first joined a Knightmare forum, the first time they met a member of the Knightmare community. Such are the ripples of influence that watching Knightmare has spread throughout many of our lives, that certain members may wish to see every day as a Knightmare Day.

Then again, a central Knightmare Day isn't such a bad thing. Even if being told about it by someone who wasn't alive when Knightmare began is a little surreal. ;)
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Happy Knightmare day!
Let's go down the Crazed Heifer to celebrate!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

A nice idea, certainly worth remembering (as regardless of whether you saw it or not, the first episode is bound to be an important thing to celebrate!)

Whilst this is a good thing to remember, perhaps this is a good place to open up a side-discussion ~ If people saw the firts episode, do you remember it? What is your earliest memory of the show?

Or indeed, as mentioned by Drassil up thar, what is (are) YOUR Knightmare Day(s).
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Billy
Knight
Knight

It's that time again...happy Knightmare Day!

Post by Billy »

Ok, so no one probably cares, but today it's 19 years since Knightmare premiered on ITV! Of course, your 'Knightmare Day' could be anything, such as the day you saw your first episode - but there's always this one too.

As with last year, I'm holding a special Knightmare Chat to celebrate this milestone, so come one, come all. What with KM fandom's rather directionless state right now, it's good to have something to celebrate.

Next year, of course, will be the big 'un - 20 years since it began. As I've said before, it'd be really great to do something, anything to commemorate it. Even if it just involves saying "Ooh, nasty!" as many times as possible in normal speech or something...
Naitch
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:It's that time again...happy Knightmare Day!

Post by Naitch »

Happy Knithgtare Day indeed!

19 years since Knightmare began. I was there at the first episode glued to my TV screen.

I turn 25 next week, doesn't time fly?

It was 20 years ago yestardy since I first started school.

Wouldn't the 20th anniversary be wonderfully capped off with a dvd?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

A colleague of mine at work had a cut finger today, and my response was, "Oooh nasty!" Does that count?
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Gah! This is what happens when I am so tied up with thesis writing that I miss everything going on here. But it's all over now... so have a belated "Ooooh, nasty!"
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

The first series I remember was Series 3. I was born in Dec 1982 so would have been 6 when the Series Started. I loved it and my older sister was annoyed at first for having to watch it but she eventually grew into it and enjoyed the death of dungeoneers and the excitement of someone actually getting to Level 3 and thinking, "Could this team actually do it and make it all the way?". Great show and I believe it was successful because it was actually a challeneg to succeed. Some quests were easier then others no doubt, it would be near impossible to have every quest the same difficulty and have then as different as possible. Love it!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Next year, of course, will be the big 'un - 20 years since it began. As I've said before, it'd be really great to do something, anything to commemorate it. Even if it just involves saying "Ooh, nasty!" as many times as possible in normal speech or something...
Will have to try that at work when Customers call in.

Customer: "I'm interested in a Visual Basic Course.."
Herbie: "Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind!"
Customer: "What did you say?"

Perhaps I should try and make a Treguard Soundboard for the phonecalls :o
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"