I Miss Knightmare

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
EyeShieldLFC
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

I Miss Knightmare

Post by EyeShieldLFC »

I really Miss Knightmare. I reckon that they should bring it back cos with the graphics today it will look good.

what do u miss about knightmare?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:I Miss Knightmare

Post by HStorm »

That sounds like an old question, but in fact, I can't remember being asked it before!

For me, a lot of what I miss kind of wouldn't happen even if it were still on today. That childlike sense of terror and wonder, I mean. Simultaneously, I loved and hated being terrified out of my wits by what was happening on-screen. It's a rare show that can do that, although it's easier when the audience is made up of children, I guess.

These days, it doesn't really have quite that effect on me when I watch it again, partly because I know what's going to happen next, but mainly because it's far easier to notice the show's flaws in adulthood. Still love it though.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
TomDread
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by TomDread »

Yes i do too. And yes with today's graphics Knightmare could give some terror once more. But the one thing i don't miss are the outside enviroments. They just looked pointless. I mean the show was originally supposed to be centered around a dungeon right? 8)

Anyway i wish the show would come back.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Well for me, it was simply the best thing to end the week after school.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Looking back at Episodes of Knightmare now there were subtle Adult Jokes in there. An example being when Lillith askes for something to cure a gigantic hang-ove.... Headache! :o Classic!

I really missed the difficulty of the show. It asked some difficult questions and some of the puzzles were very difficult. When someone actually succeeded in the show it was very rare and you have spent about 3 episodes with the team normally so you have sort of got to know them and wanted them to complete Level 3. I think the kids today need a show like Knightmare that is actually a challenge and does take more than 1 episode for a team to complete the task. Knightmare will probably never returned but the youth of today need something similar in nature to really test them!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"
KMFAN
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by KMFAN »

Ive been watching my 3 year old challenge tv knightmare recordings over the last 3 days and I still LOVE IT!

Nothing on TV at the moment can hold a candle to knightmare. It was that good.

I think its about time with the 20th anniversary approaching that plans for a new knightmare should recommence.

BBC seems to be getting better lately with old english tales like Robin Hood coming back on. So why cant another hero of english folklore (Knightmare) make a comeback :D
Last edited by KMFAN on 10 Oct 2006, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
keeds
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by keeds »

I miss the fact that kids of all ages could be entertained and challenged by a 25minute show.

I coment on the forum, use chat but prefer to write in TES but it is amazing the amount of people I run in to that have no connection to these three organs remember and comment on KM without prompting. I am 22 but my 11 year old sister has enjoyed watching Knightmare and even a few months ago I got into a conversation at work on KM. I was off shift and in the work's kitchen when I heard one lad (Again about my age) say "Who was that bloke who hosted Knightmare, that show with kid's going around dungeons?" After stating that it was Treguard, about 5 of us discussed the finer points of KM for the next 20 mins and how today's weak "everybody wins" Kid's TV is dir in comparison.

How many kid's programmes today are as harsh on mistakes as KM? Too many let kids win despite any mistakes they make yet KM would only let kids win if they deserved it (Well, most of the time anyway...)
37Herbie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 37Herbie »

Ah Knightmare Discussions! Was unique in the difficulty factor no doubt about it. Being killed for going through the wrong door just doesn't happen on Children's Shows anymore. Shame really as when a team actually reached Level 3 you would get exited as a team may actually succeed!
"Oh Dear, What a Pity, Never Mind"