Knightmare Chat!!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Knightmare Chat!!

Post by Debz_g »

Okay I am aware that this subject has been covered before on the old forum, but I am gonna mention it again. As last time it was mentioned I didnt use the chatroom and now I realise how frustrating it is!
Is anyone considering to come back to it? Admittedly Saturdays are never busy and yes I forget that it is on sometimes (When I first got the internet I spent I whole month meaning to go along to the chat and it seemed that I would only remember midweek that I had forgotten!:) ).
But there is hardly anyone there anymore and I appreciate you all have lives etc, but there are so many of us on the forum that it would be nice to have a chat now and again.  Its funny just to see how insane Emii's Kully is being that night, never let it be said that a bottle of Malibu and an emotional elf, is not a combination for an amusing nite!!
Come on peeps!! Thank you...rant over! ;D

*stands down from soap box*
Last edited by Debz_g on 07 Dec 2002, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Chat!!

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Hmm, I tried getting to the chat tonight (admittedly for the first time), but some very odd things started happening to my system. In fact the whole interactive section caused it to try downloading things and opening loads of windows.

Just a thought on the chat. Is there a schedule up somewhere? I know a lot of people would be put off by the thought of just going there "on the off chance", but if there were scheduled times/dates planned, perhaps more people would go along. If that already exists, ignore my humble ignorance. If not, perhaps it might be an idea to consider? :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Yep there is a schedule on the right hand side of the knightmare/interactive site front page. Its Saturday and Sundays at 8pm.
Try using MIRC as its easier to use once you get the hang of it! I found using the Jirc chat client annoying as when I opened the window to type in my chat name, all the text was white on a white background and until I realised I was having my name with 'guest' after it! So you have to highlight the name space to actually see the writing! Oh well! :)
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Ah, silly of me not to have seen that. And even though I keep getting spammed with weird stuff, I managed to connect. So another time I'll try and make it along.
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 08 Dec 2002, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'm usually quite busy on a Saturday night - Sunday nights I tend to be asleep because of work the following day, but I'll see if I can make it  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I try and get in when I am at home, but sadly Uni PC's dont have any such client on them, also I dont often have time on a sunday :(

I will be back full time from next week though, as I get ome from Uni on Friday, so hopefully I can take my poor HOP which has been so neglected :(

Lets try and make it record numbers next weekend!! 8)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I will be back full time from next week though, as I get ome from Uni on Friday, so hopefully I can take my poor HOP (eh??) which has been so neglected :(
;D
James Aukett
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Official chat is on Sundays at 8pm, although you often find a few keen people in there from 7:30. Unofficial chat happens on Saturdays and a lot less people turn up around then, that is true.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Ye! Get in there! Kully needs more people's shoes to steal!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

i tend to be out sunday nights at the moment.  i should really come back in at some point...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I try to go to the chatroom as often as I can. The problem for me, though, is I live off-campus and running the gauntlet of walking to and from uni after dark is not really for me!
Subject to change.
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Ooh Nasty!!  :-/ But it would be good to chat to you if you can make it!  :)
It was good to see so many peeps in chat last night! And some new faces as well!! Wow, the power of the km.com forum!!  ;D
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

It was nice to chat to people. Sorry for being pretty quiet; I had the most evil headache. Hopefully several peeps will appear next week. :)
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

The chat room was quite good indeed, even if I was there for only about ten minutes  :)
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Sorry, don't think I'll be able to make it either day this week. Too many people with birthday things to go to. I'll try and make it along next week tho'.