Best/worst series casts

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Best/worst series casts

Post by Wolfshead »

Which series of KM had the best cast of characters and which had the worst?

i think that series 3 had the best and series 7 had the worst.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Re:Best/worst series casts

Post by darkDescender »

Best: series 5 and 6.
Worst: Series 7.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Best: I'd have to say Series 4. Although the list of dramatis personae was fairly small, it included my favourite characters. It gets top marks from me for wit (Brother Mace, Gundrada et al), erudition (Mace again), intrigue (Boatman, Hordriss, Malice), menace (Mogdred, Ariadne), and er, 'eye candy' ( ;) ).

Worst: I think I'll say Series 7. It featured lots of characters I wasn't comfortable with, such as the new assistants. Various newcomers came across as irritating and/or incongruous; and various old-timers seemed to lose their edge. But that's just current personal opinion...
Last edited by Drassil on 06 Sep 2005, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Giblet, sorry I mean Gibbet was blooming awful. Shame on Paul Valentine for bringing us such a rubbish character after the fantastic Hands and Motley!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Gibbet was Series 1 only, and thus came before Hands and Motley. He was played by Alec Westwood. There's more on Gibbet in the Lexicon: http://ikm.ezri.mine.nu/index.php?page= ... ew&EID=222
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

I agree with some comments made about series 7, in that it had many characters who were irritating (i.e. Fidget), but other characters like The Brollachan, Grimaldine and Romahna were actually quite strong. Granted, Majida wasn't the best assistant, but then Pickle wasn't exactly better either.

My worst series cast would have to be series 8: there were too many panto-esque characters, i.e. Maldame and Stiletta, whilst better characters like Raptor and Rothberry were sidelined in favour of the (frankly crap) personas that Bill Cashmore played (Bartram and Snapper Jack).

The best series cast would probably be series 3- Hordriss gave his best performance (as a baddy), we had real villains like the sexy Morgahnna, evil Mogdred, whilst characters like Velda, McGrew and (to a certain extent) The Oracle were well acted and convincing.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

frieza wrote:My worst series cast would have to be series 8: there were too many panto-esque characters, i.e. Maldame and Stiletta, whilst better characters like Raptor and Rothberry were sidelined in favour of the (frankly crap) personas that Bill Cashmore played (Bartram and Snapper Jack).

Raptor a better charcter ??? ???.

I'd reather have Honesty Bartram to be honest. ;)

On Topic.

Best Serries Cast for me had to be Series 6.

Characters such as Sly Hands, Julius Scaramounger and Lord Fear are now setaled nicely into there roles and characters.

It has what was probabley the best ever version of The Opposition (With Series 7 comeing a close second)

Lord Fear, Sly Hands, Skarkill & Julius Scaramounger.

A Good PTB line up as well Motley, Ridolfo, Hordriss etl

And some LOVELY Eye Candy Sidriss & Elita.

Smerkinoff also bacame the pompus dragon that we all rememmber.

It had it's iritations namely Heggety & Captain Nemnore & Ah Wok is questionable.

Worst Cast. I would say Series 8 but only ecause the new characters didn't have a chance to realy and truely develope and there wasn't enough time for established characters to realy make a mark on the series.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

I think one of the problems with the series 8 cast is that the producers tried to cover as much ground as they could in both characters and games, knowing that they only had 10 episodes rather than the usual 16. However, even if there was more time, I doubt that Stiletta and Maldame especially would become more three-dimensional. What was present in the earlier series (namely depth) was absent as the series progressed, with a few exceptions.
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Knightmare certainly made more use of the actors in later series, there is more character interaction and chat, as clues had to be attainted here rather than as a product of answering riddles.

In my opinion, the best cast was in series 7 and 8. Ideally, Motley and Stiletta with the S7 cast in a full length series...

Stiletta was I think the only Series 8 character to be developed at all, given a full length series she and others could have became more meatier, developed charactes.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Dan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Dan »

Drassil wrote: Gibbet was Series 1 only, and thus came before Hands and Motley.
Bet you the poster meant "Fidget", not Gibbet ;-)

Edit: or Fidjit, or however it was spelled. Hated the character, don't really care ;-)
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Sep 2005, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

Lol! Silly me, confusing the two! :-[