Giant lizards

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Giant lizards

Post by Wolfshead »

Were the giant lizards of series 4 any threat at all? One team had to use an ourglass to stop time, but would it really have made any difference if they didn't have it since the lizaard didn't even look like it was going to move anyway?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Giant lizards

Post by Drassil »

The same goes for the 'Dreaded Kar' in Series 3. Maybe the presence of giant animals was a drain on Life Force?
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Or to get the teams rear-side into gear... You know, speed things up a little...?
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

What I was getting at was that a team had to use an ourglass when they could have just walked over to the well anyway.

The only digitised animal that was any real threat as far as I am concerned was Ariadne. The snakes in the wyrm chamber were deadly but easily avoided.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

I think a fair amount of the creatures in KM were there more for the atmosphere than as a real puzzle. Yeah, Kaa or the lizards may not have actually posed a real threat, but they instilled a sense of danger and urgency in the teams that may have been aimed to make them nervous and quick to act and make mistakes.
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Yeah well i suppose we can say stuff now like "why were they bother about tha, its not a threat." The thing is we know that the giant lizard of series 4 couldn't do a dam thing but the team didn' and also teams who saw the dreaded Khar were in such a rush to get out that they never noticed that the snake usuallt was looking in comletely the other direction to the dungioneer.

The same kind of thing applies with Mogdred as he just wanted to scare the team rather than killing them outright (which I think he only did once).
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Twice, I think; team 5 in series 2 and team 1 in series 4. The latter is most definite but the former is slightly more open to debate, imo.
Subject to change.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Eeven though the digitised animals were not all that danger ous (except for Ariadne) they were an important part of knightmare and added a lot to the atmosphere. I think though they scared teams into getting their dungeoneer out of the chamber quickley they were probably more for the viewers.