Most innapropriate KM characters

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Most innapropriate KM characters

Post by djoska »

Another slightly innapropriate character:
Snapper Jack!

I dunno what to make of this one!!!
Keep a look out for my Knew Knightmare PC game!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
dontyoulikemypie
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dontyoulikemypie »

I always found Snapper Jack a bit unsettling as a youngster. Now, with retrospect I can see he's totally pervy! He's a wee bit camp and is trying to capture children with his net and his naff glove puppet. It all adds up to something very bizarre!
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Aargh! Definitely scraping right through the barrel to the ground below, there.

I'll bet Bill Cashmore needed a few crates of meths to erase the horrible meories of having to play this abortion of a character.
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

haha :o

snipper, snapper, look here's jack,
Now I'm erasing memories of my life, smoking crack!

Instead of catching fools, I'm now sitting in my net, collecting pieces of falling nose!

Treguard: spellcasting
D, H, S, S, ....whoosh!

(quote from another post from another topic- quite relevant though as Snapper Jack needs to sort his life out, and his characterisation!)
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

There were no inappropriate characters - sure, some may be seen as politically incorrect in todays climate, namely Ah Wok, but personally, thumbs up to all of them - no inappropriateness!
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
djoska
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by djoska »

each to their own.
We all have an opinion- now theres a whole topic about snapper jack!!!
V1.0 coming soon!!!!
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Lowebo wrote: There were no inappropriate characters - sure, some may be seen as politically incorrect in todays climate, namely Ah Wok, but personally, thumbs up to all of them - no inappropriateness!
I'm with you there, Lowebo. Some characters were a lot weaker than others, but that doesn't mean inapproriate; propriety is really a matter of convention rather than of fact. (I've never been fond of political correctness, as it usually boils down to not wanting to give people something to over-react to. It's mind-control, I tell you!)

I seem to remember somewhere in the dim-and-distant past we did a thread about which characters were the worst stereotypes in the series. I think that's a better way of looking at it; which ones were poorly-written on artistic grounds because they were cliched, or involved 'labelling' groups in some way.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

Precisely. I fail to see how Snapper Jack was "inappropriate"? If being "scary" was inappropriate, then over half of Knightmare was. As said, the "stereotypes" are the only ones that could possibly be deemed inappropriate, with Ah Wok being the only one that would probably cause offence in todays climate
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Hi all... I was around for a little while around a year or two back, then lost my service to Challenge so wandered off, but recently got back into Knightmare. :D

Anyhoo, on topic... I think Gibbet from Season 1 was a fairly weak character, as he really didn't do much; thwacked one dungeoneer, let one go with a password... I ca't remeber if Gumboil the Knight was in season 1 or not, but it seems it was gathered he could do Gibbet's job just as well.

As for Snapper Jack... okay, so he did go about it in an odd way, but the thing I liked was that he harked back to the old Wall Monster "3 riddles" style of trial. Ah Wok... well, at least it gave Lord Fear's actor a chance to put on more of his silly voices aside from his lovely mockery of Skarkill. ;D He worked as a role of the "clear tradesman for the Powers That Be", and in a way his accent did give an interesting trial for some dungeoneers (he gave Hordriss's calling to one dungeoneer as "Marefact", and the team had to work out he meant "Malefact")...
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

I think the Brollachan was a bit useless IN QUESTS. He was good to add to the storyline but when he appeared they could always make up an answer? What sort of a challenge is that? :'(
AKA Ross 'Raven's Eye' Thompson
Knightmare Audio Series
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Well, not exactly. As I understand it, although Brollachan doesn't know the answers himself, he did at least know when someone was lying, so the teams actualy had to believe that they were giving him the correct answer.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

That must have been like a new form of brainwashing...probably had kids trying so desperately to convince themselves the lie was the truth, they went away believing it!

What were some of the questions again? Maybe we can spot a conspiracy...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Ironlord
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Ironlord »

Emii wrote: What were some of the questions again?
(1) What is your name?
(2) What is your favourite colour?
(3) What is the air-speed-velocity of an unladen swallow?
I am Granitas of legend. MY NAME IS NOT AMUSING!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Wow...that's some conspiracy...I wonder what their aim was?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"