Castle locations/forest scenes

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Castle locations/forest scenes

Post by Kieran »

Really awesome photos there. I always love comparison photos,and they match the original screengrabs very well.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Thanks for all the nice comments - glad you enjoyed the photo comparisons! All three locations were great fun to visit, I recommend them to anyone who can get there.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Name That Castle

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:Timber-framed Level 1 clue room in Series 6.
Hmm, I think this is likely to be the Winkhurst Tudor Kitchen at the Weald & Downland Museum!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Been on another trip, this time to the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum (Wolfenden, Greenshades etc). My photos can be seen here:
http://www.canadanne.co.uk/kmlocations/weald.html
Apologies for the technomagical devices and, er, palm trees in the Wolfenden shots - unfortunately it was being used as a film set on the day I went, so I didn't get to explore the market place very thoroughly or go inside the Gateway Inn building. :( The Wolfglade shot is a cheat as it's not in the same place any more, and neither is the building where the flower seller was!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Once again, great photo's Annie! How do you get them so spot on to the snapshots of various scenes from Knightmare?! Looks like a nice place to go, it's not far away from where I live so will have to go there sometime. Wolfenden has gone tropical with the palm trees and the sunshine!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

pjmlfc05 wrote:How do you get them so spot on to the snapshots of various scenes from Knightmare?!
Some of them were estimated from memory, but I also printed out some screenshots as a guide, and there is usually a bit of cropping involved afterwards!
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Another set of really impressive photos - thanks for sharing them!

Do you know what the film crew were up to? God, I hope they weren't filming new eye shield sequences! ;D
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

They were filming for a website - lots of people dressed as pirates wandering around the place!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Saw a trailer for "Tudor Monastery Farm" on BBC2 this Wednesday at 9pm, which has obviously been filmed at the Weald & Downland Museum - might be worth a look if you want to see Wolfenden and other familiar Knightmare locations!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Name That Castle

Post by Canadanne »

Canadanne wrote:~ The Level 3 clue room in Series 6, with tiled floor and open to the sky. The Eyeshield sequence leaving this room is shown in full during Ben's quest.
OMG, finally! After three years of fruitless searching, I stumble across this photo:
http://www.tripadvisor.in/LocationPhoto ... l#66288759
Which surely *has* to be it, and sure enough it leads me to this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesd72/3280017872/
The mysterious clue room at long last - Mosdale Hall (a.k.a. the King's Chambers) at Scarborough Castle! Yaaaay! That's filming location number 40. This video shows the reverse of that Eyeshield sequence at 3:25. :)

The only unidentified locations that remain are the Grimdale buildings, the Cloudwalker, the stained glass window, and various outdoor scenes that will probably never be identified unless a crew member can tell us where they were filmed!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Well spotted! I find your discoveries about Knightmare filming locations very interesting. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

GranitasIsCute wrote:Well spotted! I find your discoveries about Knightmare filming locations very interesting. :)
I'm glad someone does. ;D

I'm going to visit some of the Welsh castles next month, so expect more photos soon!
GranitasIsCute
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by GranitasIsCute »

Awesome!

So far I've been to Weald and Downland Air Museum, Castle Rising, Castle Acre Priory, Leeds Castle, Hedingham Castle and Framlingham Castle and I enjoyed all of them. :)
Let me know if you'd like any pictures!
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Canadanne wrote:
GranitasIsCute wrote:Well spotted! I find your discoveries about Knightmare filming locations very interesting. :)
I'm glad someone does. ;D

I'm going to visit some of the Welsh castles next month, so expect more photos soon!
You gotta go to Caernarfon and Conway castles, they are both amazing! For me 2 of the best in the UK.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

GranitasIsCute wrote:So far I've been to Weald and Downland Air Museum, Castle Rising, Castle Acre Priory, Leeds Castle, Hedingham Castle and Framlingham Castle and I enjoyed all of them. :)
Let me know if you'd like any pictures!
I'm always interested to see pics from these places. :)
pjmlfc05 wrote:You gotta go to Caernarfon and Conway castles, they are both amazing! For me 2 of the best in the UK.
I'm just visiting ones from Knightmare on this occasion. I did see Caernarfon Castle from the outside a few years ago...