Choice of quest objects

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

If you had to choose a quest object to go for, which one would you choose?

he Shield
13%
he Sword
28%
he Crown
16%
he Cup
44%

Total votes: 32

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Choice of quest objects

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I wonder how the choice of quest object (when used) actually affects the quest? (besides finding the actual quest object/pieces of the quest object/a door with the quest object above it). I wonder if it would be exactly the same? Because in series 5 and 6, each team had the choice of all four quest objects. I think that there were about 20 teams shortlisted for appearing on the programme, and if there was a different quest for each team and each quest object, there would be a total of 80 possible quests! This does not seem likely. So, what do people think would have changed if a team had chosen a different quest object?
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Choice of quest objects

Post by Snowcat »

My guess would be that they had maybe 20/25 different quests spread over the different choices and then queue them up like cans in a vending machine (if I remember the 'history' article right, the levels themselves were set up in a similair way)

Another way of doing it could be that there was only a couple of basic 'Chassis' quests and then quest specific rooms sprinkled evenly around (literally dilute to taste). For example, anyone watch the recent s4 repeats back-to-back and notice that the same basic path was used nearly every time ('specially level 1):- early quest rooms followed by dunkley wood and often followed by The Crazed Heifer often followed by Oakley and/or Ariadne often followed by emerging from the woods and entering 'The tower of time'/ Dungarth and the entrance to level 2?

Later on the quest object would become more and more prominent as the team got closer to it.......

AJK
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

What I've always wondered is what would have happened to Series 6 Team 6 if they had managed to reach the end of Level 3. They opted to quest for the crown, but of course, the team before them had also quested for the crown and actually won it! Hence possibly why they stopped the option of teams choosing their quest object in the following series (with the one exception of Series 7 Team 2).
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

i liked how the shiled dissaperd from the list after it had been won
What would happen if all objects where won.. and we still have a good number ot teams left?
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

They would spraypaint a bikeframe silver and make them retrieve it. Or send pickle in to hide everything again.  ;D
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

Zagor WRote
What I've always wondered is what would have happened to Series 6 Team 6 if they had managed to reach the end of Level 3. They opted to quest for the crown, but of course, the team before them had also quested for the crown and actually won it! Hence possibly why they stopped the option of teams choosing their quest object in the following series (with the one exception of Series 7 Team 2).  

what they should have dun was make team 6 go for either the sword, the Shield or the Cup and frooze the crown quest as the previous team won
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I agree - or at least disintegrate the crown tile so that it was no longer visible to the dungeoneer in the Place of Choice
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Did anyone EVER win the Chalice/Cup? I always thought that quest was jinxed, because I don't remember anyone ever getting it.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Not one of 'em. Although one of the team's in Season three came within a gnat's wing of it.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Elita
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Elita »

Well good! That verifies my "drinking vessel of DOOOOOOOM!!!" theory.
"Gentlemen! Please! You can fight like itsy bitsy babies later. Right now we have adult name-calling and mud-slinging to attend to."
- Dr. Nightmare, Attorney at Law
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Not one of 'em. Although one of the team's in Season three came within a gnat's wing of it.
Two of them, actually: Both Leo and Martin had the quest for the Chalice.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I wonder what would have hapened if they had completed the quest but didn't get all of the pieces of the chalice, as in forget the piece in level 2.

"Well done team, you've won most of the cup."
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
simiano
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by simiano »

id go for the cup it cant be that hard

*splat* :-X

Tregard: oooh nasty
why do we let these kids mess up our clean and tidy dungeon
JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Which quest object would you choose?

Just wondering about the above...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Which quest object would you choose?

Post by Malefact »

I'd go for the Cup simply because it's never been won.
Subject to change.