Re:Most annoying!!!

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Shiriuthechangeling
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Shiriuthechangeling »

*Turns the Brollachan in to a dandylion*
Actually she wasnt talking nonsense. Its a dialect of finnish called Savo and she said: I'm not a dog I'm a savos writer
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Erm can we stop the insults as we are going slightly off the topic ;).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Ooh, I hate those weeping doors with a passion, especially Dooris.

And Hegatty is very annoying - all that "eh, eh, eh?" the whole time!
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

it's the twitch more than the "eh eh eh" that i thought was annoying.
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Actually everything about her was annoying
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!
Lowebo
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Lowebo »

To be the most hated person on the forums (hehe) my most annoying: Skarkill, Elita, Moley (hehe), Majida, and Lord F. To be honest it is anyone who made the Dungeypersons take too long - i used to just scream at the tv saying MOVE!!! Still do. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
June 7th - 19:30pm - The Time Turns.... The Knightmare Returns.....
One time willowthewisp... Never in the shadows.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

I have thoguh of someoen else who was very annoying on Knightmare- that stupid dwarf Bumptios (or did i laready say that apologies if i did oh yeh sorry i did
Mistress goodie was very random and made no sense!
Cedric dod everwntally get a bit tiresome with all his insults (they were always the same!!!)
knightmaredave
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Majida, Elita, Snapper Jack and Heggerty were I think the most annoying characters.
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

*Sething with anger.*

"Who said that gorges elf Elita was annoying?" >:( >:( >:( >:(

"You just leave her alone."

"OR I'LL CLAP THE IRONS ON YER."

I have to say Casper The Key and thoses Bloody Weeping Doors.

Mistress Goody wasn't so much annoying as just pointless.

Heggety. Meh No real oppinion. Missed most of S6. and I can't realy remmember her that well.

And I like Snapper-Jack.
Last edited by Skarkill on 16 Jun 2004, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Snapper Jack's alright, but it was the way he talked that annoyed me. Also I wonder if he was inspired by Rod and Emu. It'd be funny if they were in Knightmare in place of snapper Jack or Grotbags, that'd be hilarious.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

*"ENTER... STRANGER!"
"There's somebody at the door! There's somebody at the door! There's somebody at the door! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!"*

Aaaah, the memories! 8) ;D
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

that was rod and emu, cat. But nine times outta ten it was usually grotbags!
Kupo? kupopo?!?
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Ooooh Grotbags, now we are going down nostalgia lane. But I wont go any further with that.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Most Annoying Characters!

Post by Pooka »

Something I've been ruminating on recently has been the concept, not of who the best characters are, but the worst. The really irritating, pointless characters who - for whatever reason - you can't help disliking. I've seen people being overly critical on this forum (and in Chat and live meetups and on the Lexicon...!) before, but (as far as I can recall) we haven't had much of a discussion about it.

So I'm starting one.

I'll pick one character from every series and try to justify why I think they're the most irritating character in the series - and, of course, I'd want other people's opinions too! So here goes:

Series 1:
Casper. And how annoying he was - I usually like the anthropomorphism of household objects (I adored Talkie Toaster from Red Dwarf), but Casper was so chirpy and cheery and his voice was so schmaltzy and positive that it made me feel quite sick.

Series 2:
Gretel.
Although there are a lot of them I don't like here (Folly almost, almost made it onto this list), Gretel annoyed me by being mostly quite ineffective, and not particularly convincing either - she made a good foil for Mildread at points, but wasn't the best of characters by any means. Mellie came in in the following series and showed us how it should be done.

Series 3:
Velda.
What is up with the acting here? In her first appearance (the "what do you want of me?" one), she hovered in a half-crouch for far too long while the team dithered for ages on what to ask her - that's probably not her fault, but she repeated the same sort of over-exaggerated uncertainly throughout the series. It would work if she were playing a comic character, like Mrs. G., but not for a straight character like Velda.

Series 4:
Dooris.
Although everybody in this series is particularly predictable (particularly Treguard and Pickle, who say the same things at the same point in every quest), and there are some incredibly irritating additions like Gundrada and Fatilla, the early appearance of Dooris in every quest was so mind-numbingly samey (never mind the ridiculous concept for the character anyway) that I ended up actually wanting her to kill a dungeoneer just to give her something to do!

Series 5:
Julius Scaramonger.
I always found him annoying because of the fact that he clearly didn't know how to interact with the dungeoneers - he always took too long to make a deal, proved tricky to get much information out of, and would just NOT STOP TALKING! He got the character down a bit by Series 6, but in Series 5, I just don't think it worked!

Series 6:
Heggatty.
What you got for Heggatty, eh, eh, eh? What you got, eh, eh? Do you have an actual script for Heggatty, eh, eh, eh, eh? Couldn't you have thought a little more about the characters, eh, considering that they're wiches and could be a lot more interesting, eh, eh, eh?

Series 7:
Fidjit.
OH DEAR GOD WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP?

Series 8:
Snapper-Jack.
This was a tricky one as I didn't actually dislike any of the characters in Series 8, but I do feel that all of Bill Cashmore's characters weren't particularly realised too well (which probably isn't Bill's fault, it's a short series and none of them had that many scenes); unlike everyone else in the known universe I quite liked Honesty Bartram (particularly in his interactions with Nathan!), and Bhal-Shebah showed a little potential even though he wasn't really used much (he got a kill, though!). I'm going to Jack because, although he was meant to pose a threat, he didn't ever appear too menacing, probably because he had a red sock with eyes over one hand!

KMVR:
Garstang.
Far too eloquent for an orc and not really an adequate host for the show, Garstang could have been an adversary (like he was in KMGW), but instead just talked for a bit at the beginning and the end. I kind of understand that we needed a "previously..." and an end tag, but why couldn't it have been Treguard?

KMGW:
Sylvester the Jester.
This is an interesting one, because this character was like no jester we'd seen before. He was a much darker character than Motley, but without any of the giddiness of Folly - he didn't even tell a single joke! His speech patterns were also a lot more annoying - his intermittent use of "thee" and "thou" didn't quite fit the remit of his character. He just wasn't putting much into it, I think!

Okay! Any thoughts from anyone else?
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Most Annoying Characters!

Post by wombstar »

8-o Julius Scaramonger is one of my favorites.

My top 5 in no particular order.
Olaf
Bumptious
McGrew
Fatilla
Elita

Motley came close but he wasn't quite bad/annoying enough to make the top 5.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in