Knightmare Top Trumps?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Knightmare Top Trumps?

Post by Billy »

Does anyone know if they ever made a Top Trumps game featuring Knightmare characters? After looking everywhere on the internet I've not found a single thing on them, except for one passing comment made by Pooka in January 2003...on this forum!
http://www.talkknightmare.co.uk/yabbse/ ... readid=114
Apart from that, nothing, not even on eBay. Even this list:
http://www.simplytoptrumps.com/collectors.html
...which is the biggest list of Top Trumps games I can find, doesn't list it. Anyone know if they really exist or not?
Davius
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Knightmare Top Trumps?

Post by Davius »

I don't know if there were any commercially released Knightmare Top Trumps cards, but I do know that 'The Quest' Newsletter printed some cut-out cards in some of the issues (they are the only version of a Knightmare Top Trumps game I know of).

There is a bit about them in the 'Club' section on KM.com here:
http://www.knightmare.com/club/3-1/p4.htm
and here:
http://www.knightmare.com/club/3-2/p4.htm

I'm not sure if those are the ones you were looking for, or if you've already seen them, but I thought I would just mention them anyway because I saw them when I was browsing through KM.com recently, and then I saw your post today!

Anyway, not all of the cards are shown there, so I don't know where you would be able to find a complete set! :)
"When the time turns once more, and the fire burns as before, and the gauntlet is held down, then, will the age of Knightmare be found." -Treguard
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

Ah-ha, thanks! No wonder I couldn't find anything on it, I thought they had been officially made. Thanks again!
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Hmmm reading the info on those cards, we see the reason why Pickle left the dungeon, but what doesn't make sence is the info about Majida. The info about Majida says that she was stuck in the bottle for thousands of years, whereas at the beginning of s7, she says that she was stuck in the bottle for six and one half days!
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

That doesn't really make much sense, wonder why they put that!
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

I Think somebody got there info the wrong way round.

I think that little errore could come from Treguard & Majida's first conversation.

Treguard asks what she is doing in the anti chamber and Majida replies

Majida: "I'm a Genie. I was stuck in Bottle."

Treguard: "Oh Yes and I supose your going to tell Me ypu were trapped in that bottle for a Thousand Years

Majida: "No, For Six and 1 1/2 days. And thats not good for a girl I can tell you."

I think someone thought that Majida said a Tousand years, since it is said in her introduction scene.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare Top Trumps?

Post by Canadanne »

Has anybody ever scanned the full set of Top Trumps cards? How many were there altogether? I'm intrigued as to what's on the rest of them, after seeing the four that appear on the website!
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

There were two sets, from two different issues of TQ. The first set was based around series 7, which was the series on TV at the time of publication. The second set was based on earlier characters, hence the presence of Pickle and Merlin. I've never had the whole second set so I'd like to see it too!
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I wish to renew my plea for an upload of these... is there absolutely no-one who owns the full set (or even some of them) and could spare a few minutes to scan / photograph or simply type them up? I for one would be ever so grateful, I'm soooo curious!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Just wanted to bump this thread, as it's been almost 3 years since my request and I'm still hoping there might be someone who can scan or photograph the Top Trumps cards for us!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

I still really really want to see these...
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

I've had a look for my issues of TQ (I do at least have the first half), but - alas - I can't find them. I suspect they may have been lost in three house moves.

I'll have another look and scan them if I can find the issue.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.