The funniest death on Knightmare?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re: The funniest death on Knightmare?

Post by Drassil »

thesidesteptotheleft wrote:I don't know if anyone remembers a death in series 2 when a team fail to take the gauntlets and therefore can't deal with a catacomb bite. They go into a room to the left where Moghdred says "You've wandered into one of my little play-pens, play a while, play forever! (evil maniacal laugh and dungeoneer dies)

Just before that though is when they meet the oracle of confusion in the object room (the one with the stairs at the top) who clearly says "The way forward is the way back" but the team don't go back. This isn't mentioned concerning the death weirdly.

There's also a random one in series 2, where the dungeoneer wanders into the object room at the top of the stairs, and this ghostly shroud floats over and kills them. I never understood that one
This was in the episode repeated by Challenge last night/this morning. I believe the oracle says that "The way out is also the way back", referring to what we saw in the previous, winning quest, i.e. that the dungeoneer would have to travel beyond Level 3 and the Dungeon in order to complete the quest and get back alive.

The other death you mentioned is from the second quest of Series 2. The cavernwraith attacked the dungeoneer because the team hadn't earned a spell from Cedric that would have protected them.