Quest items

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Quest items

Post by Purgatory »

Hello...

okay, have u got any close up pictures of what they looked like?

and why was the Cup so unpopuler.. i dont think it was ever won and overall it didnt get picked all that much :(
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
LordFear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Quest items

Post by LordFear »

Unfortunately I have no pictures (my SpyGlass is broken at the moment) but the reason why the Cup was so unpopular and never got won is because my loyal servants and I were too good for the pathetic dungeoneers.

Stupid Mortal,

Fear
Live in Fear....
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

This should give you a rough idea of what they all looked like:

http://www.knightmare.com/series/6/8.jpg

Note that the actual objects themselves were completely different as the series went by, the shield in Series 5, 7 and 8 being a prime example  :)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

yeah i do remember the shild looking different each time but the sword didnt change much at all, we never got the see the cup as far as i can remember adn the crown also didnt change a big deal i dont think..

the cup was alrways my fav.. dont know y.. probs because no one wanted it and i wanted to see someone win it...

also.. didnt the names for the quest items change as well?? over time,  
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

On the names of the 4 main quest items, the Cup was originally the Chalice. Sometimes it was specifically "The Cup That Heals" (I think). In fairness to the poor unwanted Cup, the only Season (not inc. Season 1 when they weren't mentioned) when noone even tried to retrieve it was Season 6. Otherwise a decent number of attempts were made on it. In Season 6 teams chose their quest item, and the path for the Cup was on the far right (on the occasions I have on video). I guess most people chose the objects closer to the centre- less far to walk.

I wonder what Treguard did with all his Crowns.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And, strangely, according to the Series Guides on this site,  both the Teams that reached the Stained Glass room in Series 3 were on a quest for the Chalice (Cup).

How Treguard cried.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Don't forget the quests of the Series 2 winning teams:

to free the maid (Team 4)
to retrieve the talisman (Team 10)

In Series 1, the main goal of the team's quests was to gain squiredom, though nobody ever did
James Aukett
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

one of the winners i remember well and reading up on it here was great, was the team who didnt get the quest item, but won, i cant remember what they did but they got back and the eye shild had changed to the quest shiled.. i thought that was rarther cool
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

That's the last team of Series 7. I rather liked it too, even if the shield switch thing seems a little cliched in retrospect. Basically they reached a room where their quest shield and a hammer (which was needed to stop a troll destroying Treguard's lovely antechamber) were in separate force fields. Greystagg could only release one, so obviously they chose the hammer. The rest I guess you know.

Loads seemed to happen in that quest. There was the whole end of season thing with the Brollachan digging a shaft for the troll to get to the antechamber.They had to reassemble the pieces of Grimaldine's staff (I still have it!). I seem to remember that being the team who had the story about Lissard being disguised as Marta to fool Hordriss, which I thought seemed a little superfluous and silly. I did love Hordriss' "Would you care to spy?" line at the end. Clifford Norgate, we miss you.
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

oh yes i remember that hole troll and hammer thing,
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Indeed, I think everyone remembers Barry's quest quite fondly, esp. as it was in the later series  :)
James Aukett
Brendy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Brendy »

By the way Barry had to assemble the pieces of the Arken shield in Leverl three to get the spell. The assembled Grimaldines staff in level one to wake him to get a firestone
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Brendy, you are wrong as it was Julie (Series 7 Team 6) who had to retrieve the pieces of the Arken shield - the fully formed shield was then available as a spell to help her defeat Lord Fear (or 'your Lordship  ;) ) and get the sword.  8)

You're correct about Barry retrieving the pieces of staff though  ;D
James Aukett
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

And despite what everyone may think and what it looked like on camera, I was not asleep. I was just thinking. Yes, that's right. Thinking.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

You mean - like this:

James Aukett