Fanfic

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Fanfic

Post by Emii »

Can I have people's views on 'Kully' or any of the other 2 fics I did? Should I keep writing?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Fanfic

Post by Pooka »

I liked the first one you did; there was genuine pain in that. Okay, that doesn't mean it was bad to read, it was very emotive.
As for "Kully", I liked that too. It was very imaginative - I thought from reading it that you were just having so much fun writing it - writing shouldn't be a chore. The way it was written shows that. Am I correct?
Didn't enjoy the second one all that much, but that shouldn't be a dissuasion. You're a talented, imaginative writer with a genuine creative flair and a spark that - when shown - can do fantastic stuff. So keep at it.

Now somebody review my fanfics too. :p
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Thank you! I enjoyed writing them all. Can I ask what was different about the second one? Or is pain more interesting?
Last edited by Emii on 24 Dec 2002, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I have to admit I've not got around to reading the new one yet. I did enjoy the others though. Well worth a read. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Definately keep writing, your stuff is a fab read! I love Kully's interaction with other characters, especially Lord Fear!! You've clearly spent ages developing her character and it shows, she's very believable!! Keep up the good work!!  :)
Last edited by Debz_g on 24 Dec 2002, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

I liked it! Especially the crack about Fear being a hardcore baddie at the end of the fic...and great interaction between Pickle and Kully too! :)

I was just wondering, is Kully her real name (like Elita's), or is it a pseudoname she uses to protect her real name (like Pickle's or Velda's)?
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

It's the closest you can get to pronouncing her elvish name - it's the same with Pickle though it was a rather unfortunate choice on his part :D
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

I guess Elita got unlucky then, as she got a name that anyone could pronounce... :)

Yeah, that was an iffy choice by Pickle - should have gone for "Branstons" instead, IMHO...
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

I think that it suited him, I can't really think of anything else more appropriate...so much so that I have a Guinea Pig called Pickle...perhaps I am a little obsessed!!
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I think Velda was a weird name. How else could you pronounce it? Don't answer that. Any more for any more comments? It really would help me a lot!!!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I liked it! I was just wondering, is Kully her real name (like Elita's), or is it a pseudoname she uses to protect her real name (like Pickle's or Velda's)?
I think the word you're looking for is pseudonym  ;)

But yes Miss Bradshaw, very good work, I at first wondered where Kully came from  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

No...no, I meant pseudoname. As in 'name' meaning name, and 'pseudo' meaning...er...something else. True, your term is the 'technical', 'correct' and 'intelligent' way to put it, but I never admit that I'm wrong, no matter what evidence you throw in my face! BWA HAHAHAHA!!!! THE EARTH IS FLAT!!!! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS CHEESE!!! THE INTERNET DOESN'T EXIST!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

***Please note that Ark has been taken for a brief stay in a psychiatric hospital. His lawyers would like to apologise and state that Mr Aukett's statement was indeed correct. Have a nice day!***
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

lol :) thankies *glomps all*
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

*Glomp*  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Yes. *glomp*