Series 3

DJGM
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Series 3

Post by DJGM »

Season 4 would be good. But it'd also be good to see it go back to the top of season 1
If you're using IE on Windows:
http://djgm-i.net/using_ie.html
PunmiesterWhiteley
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by PunmiesterWhiteley »

They should go back to Series 1.
You remind me of all the other men I've met in my life. All helmet and no brains.

(Stiletta to Mike)
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Series 8 so we can do some comparing!
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I really like Series 3, and I'm glad lots of people have had the chance to see it again. I think it has a lot of nice touches and not too many bad points to speak of. More than anything, it seems a genuine challenge (no pun intended). Often the production team are struggling to keep teams alive, and I'd much rather have that than Level 1 being a complete walkover.

If Challenge? do change their minds and continue to show other series, I'd like to see them carry on chronologically with Series 4, then once they'd got to the end of Series 8 start back at Series 1. Sadly, it doesn't seem at present as if that will happen.

"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Catweazle
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Catweazle »

It's been great to have KM back on our screens (even though it was for such a short time  :( ). If a miracle happens, and challenge keep on showing it, i would like them to carry on with series 4-8 and then go back to series 1.
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

Series 3 was really fantastic and it was great to watch it again, I think it had the best mix of rooms and some of the most exciting and hilarious challengers(I dont think I will never forget those famous words "Say Hello the Goblins Julie and ask them if they would like a present")
Series 3 did lack something though and that was a winner, Infact It is a big shame no one won because this would have made it the best series of Knightmare ever. Also I'm pleased that Series 3 proved to be a good challenge, Nothing was too hard, yet nothing was too easy either, It had the perfect mix of everything really.
I would also love to see Series 1 again, so if Challenge show more series, I would love it to be this one
Sadly, it doesn't seem at present as if that will happen.
Well at least Challenge have confirmed that would NOT RULE OUT the possibility of bringing back the program sometime in the future,this is a good positive sign, so we can always hope that maybe in late 2003 or 2004, they might be tempted to bring back the programme, so lets hope so.
Last edited by Porsmond on 23 Feb 2003, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I think it had the best mix of rooms and some of the most exciting and hilarious challengers(I dont think I will never forget those famous words "Say Hello the Goblins Julie and ask them if they would like a present")
Absolutely! I hope one day I might be allowed to forget Amanda's hideous starry outfit, however. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Arcengal
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Arcengal »

It always makes me wonder what they actually were supposed to do at that point....
4 line sigs yada yada yada
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

It always makes me wonder what they actually were supposed to do at that point....  

Do you mean the bit where Julie got killed off by the Goblins?? ?? Basiclly what should have happened is that if Julie and her team got both questions from Merlin correct, he would have given the team an Anti-Goblin Spell, they then could have used that spell to somehow kill/Scare off the Goblins so she could continue.
Last edited by Porsmond on 23 Feb 2003, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Series 2 is the most similar to series 3, so it might be wise it they got it.
Subject to change.
Roy_Makaay
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

The glory of Series 3

Post by Roy_Makaay »

;D

Am I the only one who thinks series 3 is the best series of Knightmare, I love everything about it.

1 ROOMS. Knightmare was best in series 1-3, when it was underground. the only rooms it needs from other series is, corridoor of blades, and the hexagonal causeways. The best rooms of previous series are still alive in 3, yet some new ones are so great. Frightening too. Has anyone notices that the distorted humm while walking through the dwarf tunnels is different each level, in three it is a creepy distorted quiver.

2 CHARACTERS, Brangwen and Golgarach are the best wall monsters? Truth Accepted! indeed they are. Mogdred was good, morganna was the best. Lord fear cannot contend with a woman from the deeper catacombs. Merlin was at his peak. Hordriss was in a run of good form in the episodes he was in. Velda was actually quite fit, she can shoot me with a grey arrow any time she wants, specially as they dont even do anything lol. Olaf was a bit crap though, i would swap him with skarkill.

3 HAZZARDS
The floating skulls were quality in this series, specially the variency in colours and that noise they make. The life force clock was best. The magic swords made a wicked noise, neneneneneee     neneneneneee

Horaar WHAT A SERIES!
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: The glory of Series 3

Post by Malefact »

I agree on all counts.

Each room had a nasty challenge in it and if you messed up you died pretty quickly (not like in later series where it was more narrative and less action). They were also very colourful and beautifully drawn. Such stunning graphics made it a pleasure to look at. Totally enthralling. Much better than the (sorry, folks) rather gaudy outdoor stuff later on.

The Life Force Clock. 'nuff said.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Mes agreeing...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Gerz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Gerz »

Yea, at least Challenge? showed the  one of the best seriseses of Knightmare
I Love Goblins
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

It wasnt bad, if thats the best id hate to think what the others are.

Mogdred and morganna (i forget whos who) should have played a bigger part. id liked to have seen them in level 2 a few times just showing the teams whats to come in level 3.  also level 3 from what we saw didnt seem to hard..

More action from the goblins.. even if u don't see them the horn should go just to get the teams moveing,
Hordriss could have done a little more.

But the lack of puzzles. need more of them, and that room of 'speps' was very annoying. even the Crow room was silly and pointless.

Didnt we see Brother strange in one ep???
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery