INTERACTIVE STORY

Games to amuse and entertain.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: INTERACTIVE STORY

Post by Emii »

"Thees ees getting stupeed." Commented Majida huffily. Pickle and Kully both turned to her and went "SSSHHHHH".
Lord Fear continued once more. "I was hoping..." he said, looking purposefully at the advisors through the screen. "...that you lot could tell me what the heck is going on, since you caused this mess. There was something wrong with that little brat Sidriss, and i don't have a clue what it was. She didn't quail before me. Damn it - she didn't even acknowledge I was there!!!" Lord Fear calmed down a bit. "She did speak, but she didn't appear to be speaking to anyone in particular - just chuntering away to herself, the daft little cow..."
"What did she say, Fear?" asked Treguard. The advisors listened intently.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

"I'd tell you if you'd stop interrupting me, old thing. There's no need to keep prompting me- I'm not one of your silly human brats, you know." Still no response: making Treguard angry was getting harder than it used to be, he thought. "She muttered all sorts of nonsense. The end of the world, everlasting darkness, the usual. Something about a sword being disturbed while the old fool still sleeps. I supposed she meant Hordriss, but now I'm not so sure. And the voice-"

"What about it?"

"It wasn't her's. It was like a maniac: I was almost jealous for a moment. And laughing, like I'd never heard before. No-one laughs in my presence. Except when I'm being ever so clever and funny, of course, then everyone laughs if they value their pitiful lives."

"Get to the point, Fear."

"Well, I was getting mighty fed up with the intrusion. I decided to stop the chattering by putting a SILENT spell on the creature. But-"

"It didn't work?" Treguard already knew the answer.

"No. Whoever it was just took the letters of the spell and crumbled them. Lissard just ran straight out, the stinking little tadpole. Then she- it- whatever- turned on me..."
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Steveir
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Steveir »

"She turned on you?" said Treguard in suprise

"Yes...her eyes started to glow a crimson red and then I was suddenly captured in that infernal device you just released me from" Fear replied, "once I was inside there Sidress appeared different, evil you might say"

"Eveel?", remarked Majida, "Seeeidres ees Eveel?"

"Shut up and let me finish" scowled Lord Fear. Majida visibly looked suprised.

Fear continued, "She didn't LOOK like Sidress, her demeanour and her clothing were different"

This caught Treguard's curiosity. "Oh? How so?" he inquired.

"She was dressed all in black, with what looked like a hat on her head, the hat was very distinctive, it had what appeared to be two large horns on top but entwined with gold.", Fear replied, "She stood full of confidence, almost regally bordering on arrogance, evilness shone through her face"

The assistants didn't know how to take this but Treguard knew exactly who Fear was describing. His shoulders sagged and with a sigh of despair he muttered one word:

"Morghana"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"Who ees Morghana?" asked Majida nervously.
"Yes, master, who?" asked Pickle.
"I'm a little curious myself," said Fear.

"A particularly nasty individual," spat Treguard. "She would torture and kill dungeoneers for sport."

"Sounds like my kind of woman," crooned Fear. "I'm sure that if she knew who I was then she would never have tried to destroy me." He stood up.

"Well, it's been fun, old thing, but you're on my patch now, so I think it's time I did some weeding!" Lord Fear raised his hand, readying a fireball.
"Treguard, the potion!" cried Kully.
"I'm trying!" Treguard shouted back. It was no use, though. The cork was stuck fast. Lord Fear cackled in delight and threw his hand forward.

Nothing happened.

He tried again.

Nothing happened.

"Damn it!" he screamed. "That infernal woman has drained me!" He tried to teleport but to no avail.
"Well, Lord Fear," said Treguard smugly, "it looks like you've been outclassed."
"Shut up! Shut up!" Fear screamed, flinging his hand back and forth trying to muster up some power. It was no use.
"What am I going to do?" he cried. "I'm completely powerless and defenceless!"
"There's only one thing you can do, Lord Fear," replied Treguard.
"What's that?" Fear replied.
"You'll have to come with me."
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"AGAIN?" Lord Fear stamped his foot, looking decidedly childish. Kully started to giggle.
"And YOU can shut up!" he roared, flinging non existant fireballs int he advisors' direction.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

After a good deal of effort, Lord Fear decided that it was best for him to join Treguard. They made for the exit and were thrown along a tunnel into a large stone room.
"Where am I?" asked Treguard.
"Master, there's a Wellway!" exclaimed Pickle.
"What ees Wellway?" asked Majida.
"Our ticket to level two, that's what," replied Treguard.
"How does eet work?" she asked.
"All you have to do is climb in," said Pickle.
"What?!" shrieked Fear, "you actually expect me to climb into that smelly old thing? It smells almost as bad a Sylvester Hands."
"Oh, stop complaining," muttered Treguard and shoved him in the direction of the well.

Before they could reach it, however, a big burly guard came swaggering in.
"Eeeeuuuuggghhhh!" the guard spat. Treguard and Fear spun round.
"Who ees that?!" shrieked Majida.
"That's Fatilla the Hun!" cried Pickle.
"Not again," breathed Treguard.

"Not one step further, if you please!" belched Fatilla, "or else you will be blipped and then blopped!"
Lord Fear drew himself up to his full height.
"How DARE you! You decrepit pollutant..."
Treguard kicked Fear, who promptly gasped in pain - a sensation totally new to him.
"Perhaps we can come to some sort of arrangement?" Treguard said drippily.
"Uuuurrrrrhhhhmmmm....what you got, then?" Fatilla asked. Treguard held up the SINISTER potion.
"Beer!" he said.
"Beer?" Fatilla asked stupidly.
"The finest beer in the dungeon!" Treguard cried.
"It looks more like a SINI....ow!" Fear jumped, kicked again my Treguard. He then caught on.
"Oh....oh, yes, my dribbling friend!" Fear exclaimed, "you've never tasted anything like it!"
"And if you let us pass, it's yours," Treguard said.
"Well, I dunno," Fatilla said uneasily. "You see I'm employed by old Bone-Face down there," he said, gesturing to the well, "and if he catches you down on the third level or something, and wrings the truth out of you, well, it's more than my job's worth."
"We're not going to level three, you bonehead," spat Fear.
"Aren't you?" asked Fatilla.
"No! We're off to the market in level two, after which we'll be straight back home."
"Oh, well that's alright then!" Fatilla cried cheerfully and grabbed the bottle from Treguard's hand. He had the cork out and swigged the lot within ten seconds.
"Scram!" whispered Fear to Treguard. "That stuff is nothing if not rapid!"

So, Treguard and Fear made for the Wellway and, with a lot of distainful letching, climbed in. If they had stayed a bit longer, they would have seen Fatilla changing into a giant hand. A giant left hand. That really is sinister!
Subject to change.
Steveir
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Steveir »

"TREEGUAARRD!!" was the sound to greet the Dungeon Master and Lord Fear to Level Two. "How dare you just drop into my domain compltely unannounced!" the commanding female voice shouted.

"Oh no" groaned Treguard, "I thought the dungeon had freed me from her years ago" Treguard stood up and "looked" in the direction of the voice.

"I assume we should stay standing exactly where we are Lilleth?"

The Advisers looked at each other and mouthed "Lilleth?" in puzzlement.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"Master, who's Lillith?" asked Pickle. Treguard, anxious not to cause more offence to the lady in question (knowing full well she could hear every word not only by him but by his advisors) told them.
"A most powerful lady," he said, "gracious with her guests on all occasions..."
"Don't you even think about it, Treguard!" snapped Lillith. Lord Fear took the advantage.
"Greetings, your Ladyship!" he crooned. "I have brought you a prisoner!"
"You what?!" exploaded Treguard, furious at this betrayal. Lillith lilted.
"Marvellous!" she breathed. "This meddlesome Dungeon Master has irritated me for the last time!"
"Me, too," muttered Fear.
"Bring him!" Lillith barked. Fear went towards Treguard, and promptly backed away when Treguard scowled at him.
"Oh, Dragon's Breath!" Lillith scoffed, "I'll do it myself!" and promptly snapped her fingers. In a flash, Treguard vanished and reappeared next to Lillith tied up.
"You have pleased me, stranger," gushed Lillith to Fear, "so I think I might let you pass," and gestured to the serpent's mouth.
"Thank you, my lady!" crooned Fear and with a series of slimey bows started to make his way to the exit.
"But maybe on second thoughts..." Lillith said wistfully and waved her hand. The causeway crumbled away, along with a very surprised and rather impressed Lord Fear.
"You evil old cow!" he screamed as he fell into the darkness.
"And now!" cried Lillith, turning to Treguard, "it is time for Lillith's revenge!"

Her hands turned into large hissing cobras that advanced on Treguard, who sat rooted to the spot, unable to move. The snakes were upon him, poised to bite.

"STOP!!!" came a deep booming voice. The snakes vanished, along with the rope bounding Treguard. Lillith spun round to confront this latest intruder, who stood on the small portion of causeway that remained.
"Who are you?" she screamed.
"I am Hordriss!" he replied grandly. "Reversi!" he boomed and Lord Fear (who was still plummeting at the time) reappeared - standing on the newly-replaced causeway.
"Right!" screamed Lillith, "it's time to throw out the rubbish!!!"
Subject to change.
WhiteFloatingSkull
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Action taken...

Post by WhiteFloatingSkull »

Lillith gave a wave of her hand, and a shining, floating axe appeared just in front of her. Kully, Pickle and Majida started panicking, as Treguard and Fear wer trapped on the other side of the narrow pathway.

Escape seemed impossible.

Hordriss, however was not having any of it...

"Foul woman, I have had enough with this beginner's sorcery...SPELLCASTING - F,R,E,E,Z,E..."

Instantly, Lillith's figure was frozen on the other side, and the axe, no longer being fueled by Lillith's magic, faded to nothingness...

Treguard had a brief notion of what was ocurring - years of watching the events unfold in the comfort of the advisors room had given him enough experience to know when danger had been averted...

"What took you so long...?" Treguard commented dryly as Hordriss untied him. The sorcerer merely grunted as he untied the dungeon master and helped him to his feet.

Pickle and Majida looked to Kully, and they all decided that it be best if they left quickly...

They guide Treguard carefully to the door, and enter the next room of the seemingly size-less dungeons...

TBC
WoOOo, I am the floating Skull - bite my shiny cranium!!!
It still waits.
GranitArse2003
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by GranitArse2003 »

On reflection I would like to retract my above statments under the name Malefact.
---== LoOpY ==----
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Walking through the serpent's mouth cut into the rockface, Treguard and Fear emerged in a large cave, dimly lit by an unseen torch. In the centre stood two jesters, embroiled in a massive argument.

"How dare you!" cried Folly, "I am deeply insulted!"
"Aw, keep your bells on you daft brush," shouted Motley.
"What's going on?" demanded Treguard.
Subject to change.
Steveir
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Steveir »

[excellent Malefact, I was planning on doing this myself :)]

Both jesters stopped in their tracks and looked towards Treguard.

"That stupid little "jester" over there" Motley said gesturing in Folly's direction, "says that I...am...an...amateur compared to him. He says that he is much better, and the original jester of the dungeon"

"Thats because I am!" exclaimed Folly, "I was the original comedy act in the dungeon"

"Ahh but the dungeon got rid of you and replaced you with me...what does that say....has been! It's obvious, the dungeon wanted a top class all round entertainer with finesse, such as my good self" Motley boasted

Treguard stood shaking his....helmet. Lord Fear started to intervene. Treguard heard his movement and said quietly

"no Fear, let these two sort this out for themselves" Fear glowered at Treguard briefly then lowered his arm.

"Fine!", said Folly, "You want insults? I challenge you to a duel of insults"

"Agreed!" said Motley, "and you, I mean the loser, will leave the dungeon"

"Easy peasy" retorted Folly. He looked towards Treguard and Lord Fear, "Looks like we have some judges here as well."

"Oh, and whats in it for us?" demanded Lord Fear

"The winner will help you through this level" said Motley, "although how the dungeon is moving between old and new realm at the moment, we'll probably all get lost anyway"

Treguard and Lord Fear grouchingly accepted to be the judges. Motley and Folly squared up to each other for the battle.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

[Ta, steveir! Well, it HAD to be done, didn't it? :)
What we need now is a confrontation between Motley and Sylvester Hands, Mellisandre and Marta, Cedric and Snapper-Jack, and Scarkill and Lissard; LOVELY!]

"You may go first!" cried Folly. Motley drew himself up to his full height.
"You are a slow, silly, stupid, slimy, sub-human, scummy son a sewage sloth!" cried Motley triumphantly. Folly gulped.
"Oooh, nasty!" exclaimed Treguard.
"Not bad at all," said Fear, impressed. "Maybe I'll have the winner as my own personal jester."
"Beat that!" said Motley. Folly wracked his brains to think of a suitable retort.
Last edited by Malefact on 05 Feb 2003, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"You are the foot licking, boar molesting, blasphemous surf of the Dungeons..."  
"At least I don't wear makeup." Retorted Motley.
"Well you can tug on your bells all you like - they're not going to get any bigger..." smirked Folly.
Treguard and Lord Fear gasped at the first jester's words. Motley drew himself up to his full height and stood nose to forehead with Folly, an ugly scowl on his face.
"Oooooh you asked for it - cor BLIMEY you asked for it..."
Folly glared into the taller jester's eyes, daring him to say it.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Motley exploaded.
"You mangey, crusty, pustulating, regurgitated, half putrified excuse for a week-old trodden-on dog sh...."
"Stop it!" barked Treguard. "This has gone quite far enough!"
The jesters backed down, but still regarded each other with looks of hate that Lord Fear really rather admired.
"You can BOTH help us through the level," Treguard said.
"Well, done, Master!" whispered Pickle into the viewer.
"Oh, you crabby old thing!" ranted Fear. "Couldn't you have let them carry on for a bit longer? It was starting to turn me on..."
"SILENCE!" shouted Treguard. Everyone hung their heads.
"Guide me out!" ordered Treguard. Kully shook herself.
"Turn a bit to your right," she said.
"Oh, belt up!" exclaimed Fear, "I'll do it!" and promptly took Treguard by the shoulders and made for the exit cut into the rockface, followed closely by Motley and Folly.

They emerged in a castle courtyard. Folly looked around totally perplexed. He didn't know this place existed. Motley pounced on that at once.
"I bet we're all glad to have your expertise on this place, Fol!" he cried.
"I won't tell you again," snapped Treguard. Motley shut up.
"Really, you two are acting like..."
"Master!" cried Pickle.
"What is it?"
"People are coming! I can sense them."

Sure enough, two people staggered in. One was tied up by a large rope. The other was dressed in a filthy brown smock. It was Sylvester Hands - and he had a prisoner.
"Now, don't make any noises," he snivelled, unaware of the people in the courtyard with him, "or I'll have to get the goblins. We're off to see Lord Fear, you know. He's ever so nice..."
"Hands!" barked Fear. He spun round to see Fear, Treguard, Motley and Folly all staring at him.
"Oooh! Your Lordships!" he cried. Then, his expression of surprise turned into one of confusion.
"What's 'ee doing here, your Poshness?" he asked.
"None of your business, Hands," said Fear acidly.
"Who's your prisoner, Sylvester?" asked Treguard.
"I'm Mellisandre!" cried the person in the rope.
"Let her go at once!" demanded Treguard.
"Oh, yeah?" said Hands nastily, and got out his catapult.
"Let her go, Hands," ordered Fear. Hands was confused.
"Let her go, your Royal Flush?" he asked softly.
"NOW!" screamed Fear. He wasn't taking any chances. The only way he could beat the ones responsible for stripping him of his powers was to muster an army, and that meant winning people over - not easily achieved by tieing them up.

Then, Treguard made a mistake.
"The sooner you get your powers back, the sooner you can get rid of this filthy creature," he whispered. Unfortunately, Hands overheard.

"You ain't got no powers?" Hands asked uneasily.
"Rubbish, man!" cried Fear, glaring at Treguard. Hands, however, was not fooled (for once in his life). He kept his catapult trained on them.
"This is getting a bit interesting, innit?" he sneered.
"You burk, Treguard," hissed Fear.

Hands had Treguard, Fear, Folly, Motley and Mellisandre cornered.
Subject to change.