INTERACTIVE STORY

Games to amuse and entertain.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

INTERACTIVE STORY

Post by Emii »

Righto guys - a bit of a fun thread where we may all go mad, but no complete nonsense posters please, as we still want it to be logical and it would spoil it for others if they choose to take part.
Basically, we will all develop a story based around Knightmare and all aspects of it. The parts you post can be any thing from a sentence to a paragraph or two, so long as it follows on from the last post and makes sense. New things can be introduced, however mad, so long as they are explained somewhere along the way and have a reason for being involved. It would help if you can leave ends open for the next poster to play with :) I shall go first...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: INTERACTIVE STORY

Post by Emii »

Treguard wasn't happy. At all. He couldn't believe that his assistants had actually managed to do something so stupid. In his opinion, they were lucky to be alive. They now stood and glared at the three of them, who were lined up like troupers against the far brick wall. Pacing infront of them, they could hear him breathing like an anteater with a knot in its snout. Kully thought this was quite funny and started to giggle, but Treguard whirled around and began to shout, and she soon wiped the smirk off her face.
"I hope to the gods that you know EXACTLY how disappointed I am with ALL OF YOU." He roared. They tried not to look him in the eye.
"WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING!"
"We thought it might help..." said Pickle feebly. Treguard was practically growling at him.
"Help? HELP?!" He clenched his fists. "FAR FROM IT! What sort of an impression do you think you have given my newest assistant?"
"It was actually his idea." Muttered Kully. "And we thought it sounded quite good..." She tailed off, but everyone was already staring at the one who had kept quiet so far.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

"Why are you all looking at me?" whinged Majida. "I have nothing to do with this! Those two elves should be punished for what they did, er, what was it again?"
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"I'm sure they WILL get their comeuppence," he spat, "in any case there's nothing anyone can do now."

"There must be something!" cried Pickle. "There must be some way of reversing it!"

"I'm afraid not, Pickle," spoke Treguard wearily. "We'll just have to fortify the castle defences and hope for the best. If that doesn't do, at least we can escape into the dungeon - it's certainly not as dangerous!"
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

"And anyway, I am a girl!" Majida threw the remark in Kully's direction, along with a stare that could have frosted over a hundred summers. "And yes, I come back. I reealise Treguard, hee never pay mee for all my work heere! And I consult Dungeon Code and eet say ee cannot deesmees mee without good reeason. I do nothing wrong, so I come back. Ees more entertaining than seeteeng in bottle anyway."

Treguard sighed. Having three assistants wasn't what he'd planned at all. Those old days in the castle by himself weren't quite so lonely after all, he concluded: they were a time of peace and being his own master he'd never enjoyed since. A wicked grin passed his lips as he momentarily considered ridding himself of the three of them once the current crisis was over.

"But what should we do now, Master?" Pickle had seen the glimmer of wickdeness on Treguard's face, and knew it was best to quickly divert his Master's thought.

"Oh," Treguard mused. "I suppose in this unfamiliar instance we must seek advice." He activated the magic mirror with a brief gesture. "Hordriss? Hordriss, are you there?"

Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 30 Jan 2003, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"Who calls?" came the deep booming voice.

[well, it had to be me who replied, eh? :)]
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

Treguard began to answer Hordriss, but stopped. Now that he looked at him closely, there was clearly something... different about Hordriss. He wasn't his usual self in some way. Shaking his head to clear it, he dismissed the thought and began to explain to him what had happened.
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"It's me, Treguard." answered the Dungeonmaster.
"I was hoping I would get to talk to you. Are you alone?"
"No." Treguard gestured at the three miserable helpers behind him. Hordriss saw them and his eyes darkened immediately. They all shivered at his expression.
"Oooooh..." cowered Kully. "...and we thought Master was upset..."
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

"Very well. It shall have to do. One shall give you audience in your castle, Treguard, for One knows that our communications are being intercepted."

"Revelanti!" As far as Treguard could tell, the word was uttered both before and after Hordriss appeared in the antechamber. Hordriss had always had a flair for such details, although the red and white smoke that now billowed around the room was rather too elaborate an addition for Treguard's liking. The difference in the mage's visage was now more evident: below his delicately preened hair was a furrowed brow, and the weight of years hung upon him.

"Esteemed Dungeon Master. One is heartened to be part of your counsel in this circumstance. One of course is aware of what has taken place." He shot a piercing glance at the three assistants who had been slowly backing away towards the wall. "And this matter bears on One personally. For thanks to the actions of your adolescents, here, it appears One's own daughter is in grave danger."

Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 30 Jan 2003, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"Huh!" muttered Majida, "no change there!"
Treguard looked at her sharply and she went and sat down by the new viewscreen (a ring-shaped thing raised at an angle off the ground with an arced sofa around one side).
Subject to change.
DavidNewton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by DavidNewton »

He sighed. "You know what this means. The only way to rescue Sidriss now is to send another team through the Dungeon to the Black Tower of Goth, where thanks to you three Lord Fear has her."

"But, master!" started Pickle, getting up from his crouched position by the fireplace. "They would never make it out - "

Treguard silenced the elf with a wave of his hand. "Lord Fear's technomagic is far too powerful to fight from here. You know that as well as I do."

"Master!" This time it was Kully. "We can't send any more teams through the dungeon without the Summoning Stone! [Note: Read it in "The Quest" issue, plot-related reason why Knightmare came to an end. Can't remember the real name of the artifact that summoned the team, though. - WCB]

Treguard sighed again. "We already have enough." His three assistants glanced at each other as they realised what he was thinking. "Four to make up a team. Three advisors and one dungeoneer, but the question remains - who shall be the one to quest through the dungeon?" He turned and stared at Majida, who shifted uncomfortably.

"Wait." Hordriss spoke in his deep voice from behind Treguard, placing his hand on Treguard's shoulder. "I think an experienced Dungeon Master would have the best chance, don't you...?"

Treguard spun round to him, unbelieving...
Far beyond the rising sun, I ride the wings of fate... prepared to go where my heart belongs - back to the past again!
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"I hope you're...you're not suggesting...me?" Treguard tried to look dignified but failed miserably. "Oh, come now Hordriss - I'm much too old..."
"I'm older than you and I live in there!" noted Hordriss. Treguard sighed. He was obviously beaten before he started to argue, and knew it. He would have to agree.
"Very well..."
The two elves and the genie all broke into applause with big grins on their faces. Treguard whipped his head around to look at them but before he could catch them they had stopped clapping and were staring at various parts of the room as if nothing had happened.
"Gods! And I have to trust you three to get me through there safely..."
Treguard, for once, looked almost sulky. The assistants, however, looked ecstatic.
"Call your advisors - oh dear, they're already here! Fine, on with the knapsack!" Pickle swung the strap around Treguard's shoulders.
"And the Helmet of Justice! Are you sure you want to gothrough with this? THOUGHT SO!" Kully cried before Treguard could reply and rammed the helm onto his head until all you could see was his black and grey stripey beard. Majida stepped forwards.
"And now you must take ze firrst steps eento ze dungeons where everything is blah blah blah eelusion...farewell and fair chanze!"
Majida gave Treeguard a huge shove from behind, and he staggered through the purple fog that was the portal.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"Where am I, then?" Treguard asked huffily, stumbling about.
"Ees a dwarvish tunnel for small people!" cried Majida.

The tunnel itself was very long, trailing off into the distance. The only exit was about twenty meters ahead on the left-hand wall. Suddenly, the lights started to go out, starting with the ones in the distance but gradually the darkness started to move towards Treguard. Unaware of this, he continued to moan.
"I mean, I don't see why I have to risk my life again, especially considering what almost happened last time," he ranted.
"Treguard!" cried Majida.
"I mean, the odds of mastering the dungeon ONCE are low enough,"
"Treguard!" cried Kully.
"But the chances of doing it TWICE are simply ridiculous!"
"Master!!!" screamed Pickle.
"What is it, idiot elf?" Treguard snorted.
"RUN FOR IT!!!" shouted all three. The darkness was approaching faster and was almost level with the only exit. Treguard realised he was in danger and surged forward, finding the door.
"This is a left-hand door!" he cried.
"TAKE IT ANYWAY!!" they screamed. He did so, narrowly avoiding a large black claw that came out of the darkness.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Staggering through the portal and into the next chamber, Treguard was exhausted. Years of sitting in his chair by the fire had taken their toll, and now after a brief trot through the tunnels he found himself struggling to take one breath after another, and angrier than ever at his assistants. Yes, it would be a new start on his own after this was over, he thought.

"Master, you're in some kind of clue room, we think. There's a table in front of you, can you see it?" He couldn't. But if dungeoneers could bend the rules by tilting their heads backward to see further, so could he.
"Yes, I see it now Pickle, I'll go and see what's on it."
"Take the pineapple, and tell us what else is on it." Kully smiled at the other two after beating them to offer the usual instruction to the dungeoneer.

Just as Treguard was replacing the straps of the knapsack after putting the food inside, however, the room shifted, and he heard a laugh both rich and strangely cold.

"Turn and face me intruder, for I am The Brangwen She, and none passes here without first pleasing me." Treguard thought the wall monsters had all passed into the Sleep of Time. Evidently now it was not so.

"Much is there to learn and see, but nought before my riddles three. Truth do I seek. Here is my first."
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"What is the room with no walls?" she asked.
Subject to change.