INTERACTIVE STORY #2

Games to amuse and entertain.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

INTERACTIVE STORY #2

Post by Emii »

Righto! Some of you oldies might remember the wonderful Interactive Story created by pretty much near all members of the forum many moons ago  :) It ended up when it was brought to a conclusion at a whopping 9 pages long, and obviously proved very popular!

Now I plan to start another up. It is always best to have only one running at a time, therefore we can have maximum input from all you creative people out there. I personally would like to see how different it is from the last one and how the story unfurled. The last was brilliant, thanks to all you guys!

The guidelines are:

It makes it easier to post small paragraphs or a couple of sentences. No one or two word posts, thanks  :)

If you wish to question something somebody has posted which doesnt fit in with another part of the story or you feel is grossly inappropriate, please write your message in these brackets; [ ]

Keep it clean and sensible, though humour is not a problem - we all love a giggle  ;D

Lastly, clifflhangers, twists in the tale and suspense are all very much welcome - let your true colours and talents shine through, guys! Even if you don't feel you can write well, add something anyway - all imput is valued and all ideas can be worked with  :)

Have fun!

Here we go...
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: INTERACTIVE STORY #2

Post by Emii »

A large crash resounded around the antechamber as the thing Treguard was swatting at knocked the helmet of justice off it's stand. A day before the new season was due to begin, Knightmare had an infestation. In frustration, he turned to the others in the room and glared at them.
"Don't just stand there!"
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

"I'm sorry, Master!" whimpered Pickle, who was cowering in a corner, "but I can't stand those things!"
"You are big girls' guide!" snapped Majida, stepping over him, sword in hand and advanced on the little creatures.
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

"Don't hurt them!" Screeched Kully. "They won't hurt you!"
"You should never have brought them into the castle," Glowered Treguard. "Let alone opened the cage!"
They all ducked as a particularly larger one of the small winged creatures swooped down. Majida squealed as she felt its scales brush her face.
"Ees 'orrible, slimee...not genie-like..."
Aldude
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Aldude »

"of course not," screeched pickle, "does it look as tho they look like a genie?"
"Well, everybody should look like a genie" Majida commented.
"If that were so, lord help us" Treguard muttered unterneath his breath
Sidestep to the left....
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

"Eet's ridiculous, I mean can't you do spellcast or something to get rid of them?" queried Majida.
"No suitable spells" replied Kully.
"What do you mean, no suitable spells?! There's DISMISS, RID, BEGONE, BOGOFF...."
"But where would it take them? We can't take the risk of them causing all sorts of havoc in another place!" sighed Kully, interrupting Pickle.
"We can't sit here for ever, huh? Someone going to think of sometheeng one day, then maybee - Oh no, there's another!"
Once again, everyone ducked. This one, small compared to most of the creatures flew rather ankwardly over everyone before hitting a nearby wall, in which it proceeded to fly back to where it was.
"Is it me, or are they tiring?" said Treguard as he straightened himself up. "It gives me an idea..."
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

majida looked at Pickle and scratched her head. An idea? Treguard's ideas were never anything short of boring. It probably meant he was going to call in Merlin.
Majida was about to put this to Kully, who was nursing the little buggy thing that had flown into the wall, but froze when she saw what Treguard had pulled out of a dusty old cupboard.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

They resembled some bellows, the sort used when stoking a fire. Treguard set them down on the table and started rooting around inside the large chest next to it. After a bit of searching, he found what he was looking for. Treguard dusted off the large jar, decorated only by a yellowing label containing the legend "SLEEPY", unscrewed the top and poured some of the liquid into the bellows.

"You'd better clear the room," he called to Pickle, Majida and Kully. They did so, anticipating what was to follow.

Putting on the metal Helm of Justice and Majida's first choice of last line of defence of all the dungeoneers she had helped Treguard to equip over the last few years, Treguard proceeded to fumigate the entire antichamber. The creatures coughed and spluttered before finally landing on the cold, stone floor, completely out for the count.

Treguard set the bellows down and removed the helmet.
"You can come in now," he called. As his assistants cautiously entered the room, gazing fascinated at the floor, Treguard picked one of the unconscious creatures up.
"Pickle," he barked, "fetch me that book on Paradox In Anatoma. We need to find out exactly what these things are and why they are here."

Meanwhile, Lord Fear was in a very bad mood. Granted, he was always in a bad mood of some kind but today he was in a particularly bad mood - thanks to yet more blundering by Lissard.
"How could you let them escape?!" he screamed. The huge monster in the cage roared. Lord Fear pointed to it.
"Now what are we supposed to feed that thing with?!"
Subject to change.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Treguard slapped open the book that lay across his knees, whilst Majida swept the creatures back into the cage, grumbling to herself in broken English. Pickle knelt at Treguard's side and nosied at the book.
The dungeon master turned page after page after page, but found nothing.
"Isn't there an index?" asked Pickle.
"An index is no use unless you know the name of the creature you have, ridiculous elf." Muttered Treguard, shaking his head in despair and still turning the pages.
"There it is!" Cried Kully, leaning over Treguard's shoulder and stabbing a slim finger at the top left hand corner. "They're..."
"Mally-bous." Murmured Treguard in wonder. "I thought they were all dead..."
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

[Mally-bous, eh? No prizes for guessing what you were drinking at the time of writing, Emii!!!  :D

Btw, people, please contribute to this one - I don't want to have to hijack ANOTHER interactive story!  ;) ]

"What does it say, Master?" asked Pickle.
"These creatures were once quite prolific but that was a very long time ago, when the Dungeon was in its infancy," read Treguard. "Then for no apparant reason their numbers started to fall. Before long they had completely vanished without trace. Not even any remains were left."
"That ees very strange," murmered Majida. "Why would theese Mally-bous suddenly disappear like that?"
"I don't know, Majida," replied Treguard quietly.

"Do we have any of these infernal creatures still in captivity?" spat Lord Fear.
"We have some, Lordness," replied Lissard weakly. "Enough for a couple of days."

The creature in the cage let out another hideous roar and the cage shook violently.
"Well, you'd better hope I can reopen the Portal to get this thing some more - or else you'll be feeding it PERSONALLY, if you get my meaning, tuna-breath!" screamed Fear. With a flick of his wrist, he whisked himself and Lissard away into another section of the castle. They appeared in a huge stone chamber with a very high ceiling. The entire room didn't seem to make any kind of architectural sense at all. In a normal world it would instantly collapse. It was clearly being held together by magic.

Fear approached the apparatus in the centre of the room. He reached inside but didn't touch anything. Instead, it seemed to manipulate itself. The machine was a very strange thing to behold. It seemed to be half-substance, half-light. From some angles it didn't seem to exist at all.

As the machine continued to distort around Fear's hand it began to radiate all sorts of colours. They reflected off the wet stone walls in such a way to make the room itself appear to distort.
"It's working," said Fear softly. "Did you bring a new BAG, Lissard?"
"Yes, Lordness," replied Lissard, gazing at the incredible light show taking place.

A few moments later and the room no longer appeared to be something else; it was something else, and in another time altogether.
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

[Teehee. I had to do this.]

"Ssoo it'sss a time machine then, Lordness?"
Fear sighed. "No, as I've said a hundred times, it's not." A glint came into his eye. "It's much more than that, my old trout-guzzler. With this contraption I can travel through technospace and technotime, and "borrow" a few things from the Dungeons of other technosorcerers. And the technospatial dynamic and intertemporal technoscopy means they can't infiltrate my own Dungeon designs." Lissard was trying not to look confused, eventually managing a "Such devilishness, Lordness," in response.

Using his honed sharp reflexes to grab a few of the small airborne creatures, Lissard still couldn't ease his curiosity. "Sssso this is where the big biting thing wittth all the teetthnesss and the loudnesss came from?" Fear was losing patience. "No, old fruit, it's not." It was so hard to get good henchmen, he thought. Perhaps on another of these scavenging trips in future he might look for a new and less fishy senechal for a start. "The big biting thing, as you so aptly describe it, has been skulking around in our Dungeon- what am I saying?- My Dungeon- all the time. I don't really know where it came from, or where it was hiding in the Dungeon before now, but it's the most vicious beast around, and with it I can...". He cut himself short. "Well, let's just say we might have one less know-it-all Dungeon Master to worry about, for a start."

Back in Mount Fear the creature was shaking the technocage with all its force. Fear's will wouldn't hold it for long. Already the magic was starting to weaken, and the beast could feel it wouldn't take long to break free. Both its heads were writhing around, a horrific barking roar came from both mouths, and its tails were fiercely wagging- all five of them.    
Last edited by GrimaldineGrimwold on 09 Jul 2003, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

[Both heads? If you're implying what I think you're implying then you have just made a stroke of GENIUS!!!]
Subject to change.
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

[[I would guess I'm implying what you imply I'm implying. But it all depends if what I think you're implying I'm implying is really what I'm implying, or what I think I'm implying, at least.]]
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

Treguard awoke the next morning and even after troubled sleep, felt the rush of excitement a new season of "play" always brought and with a little smirk he reached for his staff but before he could grasp it majida had wisked it away

"Ee's my joab! ENTER STRANGER!!"

??????

"ENTER STRANGER!!!"

??????

"Es's note working" sulked majida

"that would be for two reason you silly sprite-"geanie"-whatever"
"firstly while you may have been sleeping for nine years i've at least made some changes even if those do only prevent troublesome so called help from doing things they shouldn't"
"secondly we can't create a challenger, one must be at the door first and since it is only 6AM KCT (knightmare castle time) i'd imagine any sesible challenger is still resting for the job ahead"

"but why you reach for staff then??"

"well" said treguard looking a bit sheepish "i think i look quite majestic walking with it, dont you?"

"oh"

treguard walked, unaided, towards the slleping forms of pickle and kully and aimed a light kick at pickle.

"omphh!" mumble pickle through his pillow

"up you half-wit elf and wake kully too, we've still gotta get this place presentable before we begin, i'd hate to think of lord fear threating me while my abode was a mess"

so pickle got up and being slightly annoyed at his awakening aimed a slightly heavier kick at kully

"ooooo0o0o0ooooo0000000ow" raged pickle as he hopped about the ante-chamber

kully's laughing was cut short as treguard started a lecture on illegal "protect" spells which nearly sent kully to sleep again.

"ANYWAY! to work!" finished treguard
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Lord Fear watched with amusement as Lissard desparately tried to guide the BAG towards the little creatures. The BAG itself, of course, was blind.

"No, up a bit! No, down! UP!" Lissard cried desparately.
"Cover your eyes, Lissard," ordered Fear. Lissard looked at him, confused.
"Lordness?"
"Do as I say!" Fear barked. Lissard duly obeyed.

Lord Fear's eyes glowed a fierce red. The creatures, looking to see where the light was coming from, immediately froze to the spot.
"I make your life far too easy, Lissard," sighed Fear.
"Oh, thankyou, Lordness!" breathed Lissard who had gingerly uncovered his scaly eyes to survey the newly-petrified creatures.

Unknown to them, however, something was watching them. And they were oblivious - even Fear. The ancient evil, which had never directly manifested itself in the Dungeon before, looked on as the creatures were BAGged. It sensed the growing distortion in time, the growing strain on causality. The meddlers must not be allowed to continue, or else the very existence of the Dungeon would unravel.

The Evil began thinking of a way to stop them. Accordingly, the Dungeon began to shift to accomodate its thoughts. Old rooms morphed into new ones. Some of them could not possibly exist in any reasonable reality. They were abandoned quickly as the Evil's line of thought progressed. Before long, the changes reached the room Fear and Lissard were hunting Mally-bous in.

Back in Treguard's antechamber, the shifting timeline began to cascade through. Totally unaware of any of the changes, Treguard began to change. His tunic morphed this way and that. Brief flickers of causality leaked through where Pickle, Majida or Kully were not present, and very occassionally a flicker where there was no antechamber at all.

Whereas Treguard and his assistants were unable to notice the changes, Hordriss had sensed them filtering through and had been able to create a Causality Shield to protect himself. He looked on in horror as his study scrolled through all manner of stylistic and architectural probabilities.
"Caras carum!" he gasped. "Anything but that!"
Subject to change.