block and tackle

thompy
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

block and tackle

Post by thompy »

Hi guys,  another team gone thanks to the block and tackle.  Is it just me or do some of the dungeoneers enter this room at an angle?  (you know not straight on) making it harder for them to be directed out,  any thoughts?
Many thanks :-/
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Re: block and tackle

Post by Pickle123 »

if they're in 'losing' status that may be deliberate...
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi/pet ... gi?id=5838

Click it, sign it, tell ya mates...please
MPK
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by MPK »

Oooh conspiracy theories! Lol!
Once again returning... and once again going just as fast!
http://www.abadeducation.com
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Entering at an angle was definitely one of the problems. Teams had huge problems turning diagonally even when they had all the time in the world, so when the floor is disappearing at a rapid pace it was never going to be easy! Another problem was often that dungeoneers sometimes stepped a long way into the room, so advisors were forced to start moving rather than think for a second where the best place to go was, and what was the best way to get there safely.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
mogred
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mogred »

:P only 3 teams died in block and tackle

the welsh guys were dumb and directed simon into the pit

the girls were too slow and went backwards and forwards a lot before getting mowed down by the block

the kids walked the wrong way and into the door. if anything, they're the only ones that were unlucky to die there.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

block and tackle should have been a level 3 thging as it was quite hard!!
im back by the wy and cant wait to see severAL PEOPLE NEXT WEEK U KNOW WHO U ARE!!!!
Hope yto post a bit more now!!!
knightmare dave !!!!!!!!!!
knightmaredave
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

block and tackle should have been a level 3 thging as it was quite hard!!
I think for the end quest on Challenge right now, That particular room does turn up on Level 3????? However that was the only time it actually happened and mostly turned up on level 2. I definatly agree with you though, it should have always been a level 3 room
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Block and Tackle

Post by Fidjit »

I think The Block and Tackle (dun, dun, duuuuun) should be first after arriving in level three then after that should be a clue room followed by the Corridor of Blades...   :)

Play your Cards Right could be another goodun in that level only it was introduced three years later...  >:(
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

Is it me, or was there absolutely no way of guessing when those blocks on the right were going to start to slide across the screen? They just seemed to slide when they wanted to. I remeber thinking, that one of the dungeoneers was gonna get hit because they were wasting too much time but the block just didn't move!

Perhaps they weren't at losing status yet eh?

;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Werewolf
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Werewolf »

Actually, Block and Tackle was pretty easy. All the teams had to do was line their hapless dungeoneer up with the right hand door and get them to run. Stupidity and panic generally contributed to a team's downfall here, i.e

"Sidestep to your left"...sorry, thats been done to death

"Quickly! Run onto that patch of floor that, following the logical floor-collapsing progression, will in fact collapse as soon as you step on it! Hey, where'd he go....?"
Assassins do it from behind
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I thought the blocks on the right were the main problem too. Perhaps there was a pattern, but when you've got the floor falling around you there's no time to decipher it. It didn't help that sometimes it was hard to see exactly which blocks you were level with.

Having said that, if you weren't sure, Werewolf's tactic was still the best idea.
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

yeah i mentioned that "randomness" of the blocks in another topic somewhere. i think if you just moved your dingeoneer to the right and then when the blocks weren't mid swing said "run forward" then as long as you weren't in losing status i dont think you'ld have been allowed to be killed...or were the blocks truely totaly random computer controled things that would allow the best team ever to unluckyly get hit?

RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

yeah i mentioned that "randomness" of the blocks in another topic somewhere.
Apologies Pickle, didn't realise, being a Knewbie and all (fingers crossed not for long!)

Have A Nice Day ;D
Foxxy Roxxy
Pickle123
Knight
Knight

Post by Pickle123 »

no, i wasn't chastising, imfact im glad someone agrees with me. ;)

it was in "the most entnse" topic. i said it was the reason this room was tense for me. :)

RoxxAatherton
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by RoxxAatherton »

no, i wasn't chastising, imfact im glad someone agrees with me. ;)

it was in "the most entnse" topic. i said it was the reason this room was tense for me. :)
Knightmare soulmates eh Pickle? hehe

D'oh! I read that most tense room topic as well

You know what they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, albeit the freakiest.

;D
Foxxy Roxxy