Challenge TV to show Knightmare this Christmas

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Challenge TV to show Knightmare this Christmas

Post by Rainecloud »

I'm very happy about all this, but I'm disappointed that only Series 3 has been commissioned so far. Of course, I know this is great news, but I'm a perfectionist, and unless the entire series rights are obtained by Challenge, I won't be totally satisfied.

I'm looking forward to the documentary, even though Treguard tells me it will only be about two minutes long. I shall purchase some high quality video tapes and record the lot. I also hope that Challenge doesn't play adverts or voice-overs during the intro/end credits of the episodes...although they probably will.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Sorry to spoil all this...

Post by Pooka »

I'm not sure about the documentary. I never wanted to see one about Knightmare. I think it would totally detract fron the fantasy, which, after all, is what drew me to Knightmare in the first place...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

I just got the Sky Customer Mag this morning, and it says about Challenge? Cult Christmas as being on December 26th. Has any one else seen this?? :-/
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

I also hope that Challenge doesn't play adverts or voice-overs during the intro/end credits of the episodes...although they probably will.
Challenge? will apparently be making their presenters digital (Whatever that means) as they too hated putting presenters over the credits. As far as the logo is concerned, they don't seem to have any intention on removing it. Also don't forget they'll most likely put long breaks between.
I'm looking forward to the documentary, even though Treguard tells me it will only be about two minutes long.
Don't forget we talked about the full uncut version :) I'd be getting the rushes from them (almost a good hour) and as Hugo told Debz and I, Tim gave some very interesting points.
Last edited by Treguard on 26 Nov 2002, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

Challenge? will apparently be making their presenters digital (Whatever that means) as they too hated putting presenters over the credits.
Whatever that means, it does sound good. I'm one of the sad people who likes to watch an episode in it's entirety, from the opening music to the ending credits. It just makes everything that little bit more special.

I'm not bothered about the logo being there. At least I'll be able to watch Knightmare without muffled sound ;) (That wink is directed at Treguard, obviously).
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Hehe. Series 3 :D Don't know why, either the original recording or the sound on the original master when broadcast on Sky was really bad
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm one of the sad people who likes to watch an episode in it's entirety, from the opening music to the ending credits. It just makes everything that little bit more special.
That's not sad, especially when you have a programme with such fabulous theme music as Knightmare. And I'd much rather look at some of those graphically fabulous things it had on the closing credits than Andy Crane, or whoever Challenge? have presenting now. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Post by Purgatory »

you shood stop moaning, even if its doesnt tuen out to be perfect at least its on and we can see it,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Exactly.
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
Gaminguy
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Gaminguy »

you shood stop moaning, even if its doesnt tuen out to be perfect at least its on and we can see it,
Absolutly ;D ;D ;D ;D
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

3 things....

1) who is recording the documentaries onto a computer (or transferring them) so that we can upload them and keep them forever (i wont be taping them).

2) i was wrong, its the DMG, not the MM (right page though).

3) drow elves have darker skin and hair.  i think elita was more of a wild elf (grugach).  tending towards chaotic.... better with handle animal checks etc

/me realises no one knows what she is talking about
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

I'll be getting the (unedited) documentaries (about an hour in length as apposed to 4 minutes) on Digi Beta which are excellent quality. And then divx ing them for the site (and real player too for those on 56k connections)
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'll be getting the (unedited) documentaries (about an hour in length as apposed to 4 minutes) on Digi Beta which are excellent quality. And then divx ing them for the site (and real player too for those on 56k connections)

Which in English means....  ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Does anyone yet know the times and days they will be showing KM over Xmas on Challenge??
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Read the messages on teh forum. So far I think the times and dates have been mentioned at least 4 times.
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty