Knightmare Props

Knightmare inspired creations from the community.
Hordriss
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare Props

Post by Hordriss »

I had a go at making the ring from the winning quest of season 6. We never find out what it does, only that Greystag really wanted it.

The prop was a little different to how the ring appeared in the Book of Quests so I chose to base this on the latter as it was easier to get a look at.

For some reason I can't post my screen caps from the episode but this is the ring I made.
20221018_190758.jpg
20221018_190750.jpg
Hordriss
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hordriss »

This is the original ring on the clue table and in the Book of Quests (fixed the problem lol)
received_812624373309605.jpg
received_1454461165063519.jpg
received_1454461165063519.jpg (17.29 KiB) Viewed 7757 times
Greystagg
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Greystagg »

Very nice! What is it made out of?
Hordriss
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hordriss »

A steel signet ring and a brass button... more or less.
AriadnesLayer
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by AriadnesLayer »

These props are amazing!

I've always been fascinated by the clue objects on the show. They ignite the imagination as to what they can do and what they might be used for. I especially loved the aesthetics of the gems/firestones. I would love to find one myself.

One episode also features a ring with a skull on it, which I've always thought would be amazing to own.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

AriadnesLayer wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 20:03 I've always been fascinated by the clue objects on the show. They ignite the imagination as to what they can do and what they might be used for. I especially loved the aesthetics of the gems/firestones. I would love to find one myself.
Agreed!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Welcome back, Hordriss/Jack. Your prop recreations are excellent, both here and on your DeviantArt page.

Clue objects sparked my interest too, including the variety of potion bottles. Perhaps that interest comes from the contrast between the rooms and spells being illusory and intangible, and the clue objects being real and tangible. There was also the contrast between many objects' outward simplicity and their power to make or break a quest.
Canadanne wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 21:26
AriadnesLayer wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 20:03 I've always been fascinated by the clue objects on the show. They ignite the imagination as to what they can do and what they might be used for. I especially loved the aesthetics of the gems/firestones. I would love to find one myself.
Agreed!
There's a bit in Quest 10 of Series 3 (Julie's quest) where Velda holds out a green gemstone. We get a sense of its size from the way it fills her hand. The chunkiness adds to its appeal.

Velda and elvenstone.jpg
Velda and elvenstone.jpg (35 KiB) Viewed 7557 times
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Hordriss
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hordriss »

I love magical objects and devices in fantasy stories. I particularly like magic rings...

I would love the ring of phobia but haven't been able to find a particularly similar design anywhere. As it was mentioned above, here is a screen cap.
series-6-q4-header.jpg
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Hordriss wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 03:45 I love magical objects and devices in fantasy stories. I particularly like magic rings...
Lord Fear sometimes has rings on every finger, but I can't recall if we get any decent close-ups of them, apart from these two whenever he sticks his hand through the pool:
LFrings.jpg
Hordriss
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Hordriss »

Yes he liked some goth bling.