20 years of this forum

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

20 years of this forum

Post by Drassil »

The current incarnation of the Knightmare.com discussion forum is now into its 20th anniversary year.

The earliest of this forum's 53000+ posts date from 17th November 2002. I wasn't a member back then, but early posts like these suggest that it was a great improvement on its predecessor:
JamesA wrote: 17 Nov 2002, 23:17 Good work on the site update, and good choice of forum too - these ones really do the business and you can do lots of cool stuff with them!  ;D
Illusion (Nic) wrote: 17 Nov 2002, 23:33 No forum is perfect, but I couldn't live much longer with all the pop-up ads on the 'other' forums  :D (even with a pop up stopper).

By 11th December, the forum had its first 1000 posts.

Today, in the era of video sharing websites and social media, many people would not look twice at an internet forum for nostalgia, fandom and community. Fortunately in our case, there are still plenty of people who find continuing value in being here.

I have made a point of posting here at least once a month since October 2003. I'm grateful for the countless interesting, thoughtful and hilarious posts I've read here. I look forward to the ones yet to come.
In 2017, I wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 12:39 Whether you were around at the beginning or have contributed since, thank you to everyone who's helped to make this forum such an entertaining and fascinating place to be a Knightmare fan.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 20 years of this forum

Post by Mystara »

Hurray!

And thanks of course, to you David, who spends such a long time organising, cleaning, and posting in the forum! It would be a much worse place without your significant contributions :)
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

20 years, that's just over half my life! lol.

Alan's right - your enthusiasm and dedication to detailed minutiae David has really helped sustain this place through some very turbulent times. Thankyou.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thank you both. It's kind of you to say that. I hope that my contributions here have done justice to Knightmare and the community. All eight of this forum's past and present staff have played a part.

It's only truly a forum with wide participation, so I'm pleased to say that I'm just one of nearly 900 people who have had something to say here since 2002. (I make it 897 to be precise, though that includes some duplicate accounts.) Among them are fans who weren't born until after Knightmare ended on TV, making this a multigenerational forum. We may yet have a poster who is younger than the forum itself.

Alongside watchers, we've been privileged to have Knightmare cast, crew and contestants posting.

New members are welcome, as are returning members however long they've been away. I hope we see plenty of both this year.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Almost impossible to believe that it's been 20 years since this version of the forum came into existence... and really pleased to see that it's still going strong. I remember when us forum members were celebrating 20 years since Knightmare came on to our screens!

I echo the comments of the sterling work that Drassil has done in ensuring the KM forum is always a worthwhile place to keep checking back to every now and again; thanks as always, it really is appreciated. And of course it's been a pleasure to be part of this community myself.
Drassil wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 13:23 New members are welcome, as are returning members however long they've been away. I hope we see plenty of both this year.
Who knows? Let's hope so (keeps fingers crossed). Nothing wrong with trying to persuade social media's army of Knightmare to relive the good old days of posting on a forum. ;)
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Although I don't visit here as often as I used to I still like to pop by now and again. Great to see the forum still going strong and long may it continue! The only way is forward, there is no turning back!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.