Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)

Report and discuss latest knews and developments relating to Knightmare.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)

Post by Drassil »

Last week, The Dave Berry Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio ran a competition to win a "90s tech bundle". As part of this, on 27th August they played the Knightmare theme (which they also played on other days), read from Ben Child's 2013 article for The Guardian (How We Made Knightmare) and played the audio for a clip from Series 4.

You can listen to a podcast version of that show here.

Knightmare clips on the radio are a rarity, but at least one DJ has done it before: our very own Matt Richings (Myatt) on Radio Wey, using a clip of Treguard saying, "What a spin we're in."

Dave Berry is already connected to Knightmare, having talked about it on his XFM radio show in 2010 and on Richard Bacon's Beer and Pizza Club on ITV4 later that year.

A previous Absolute Radio breakfast show team played the Knightmare theme in 2014: https://knightmare.com/forum/32/5111
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)

Post by Mystara »

Thanks for the link to this, David. I had heard about this from a friend but wasn't able to find any kind of 'listen again' link.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Knightmare on Absolute Radio (Dave Berry Breakfast Show)

Post by JamesA »

Thanks, David. This has brought back happy memories of when I got Knightmare mentioned on Kerrang Radio all the way back in 2007.

I've just been enjoying the sound clips of this particular mention, which I have somehow managed to re-obtain.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary