Opinions wanted...

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
LordFear
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Opinions wanted...

Post by LordFear »

OK mortals, here's your one and only chance to express your opinion to me where there will be the slightest hope that I will listen.

My question is this:

Who was the better villain in Knightmare, and why? Your choices are:

1) ME (for those not quite intelligent enough to work it out, this is the correct answer)

2) Mogdred

So, I await your pathetic responses with about as much enthusiasm as a trip to the dentist.

Fear
Live in Fear....
DerbyGem
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: Opinions wanted...

Post by DerbyGem »

You of course!  ;D

Mainly for comedy value  8)
Last edited by DerbyGem on 27 Nov 2002, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
"There's nothing more terrifying than adolescent humanity"
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

You know I need not answer that question your Lordship  :D  8)  ;D
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

You.
Made me laugh...scared me ****less...such a scary idiot...
No offence meant, your Lordship.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

Who was the better villain in Knightmare, and why? Your choices are:

1) ME (for those not quite intelligent enough to work it out, this is the correct answer)
Is it Mogdred, dearie?
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

Mogdred was quite scary, whereas Lord Fear was hilariously evil.

I prefer Fear, personally. However, he only started to become amusing from series 6 onwards. Fear was a bit of a muppet in series 5.
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Pooka »

Lord Fear. He had a sense of humour, whereas Mogdre(a)d... erm... didn't.

Fear had better minions and was more, well, scary and dominant.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Ark
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Ark »

I say Mogdred. I liked Fear, but I always prefer the truly sinister and dark villains, especially when their mindsets and motives are hard to understand. (Fear was evil because he was power-obssessed, which is sadly all too understandable to us humans...)

Besides, I'm Lord Wraith, so I don't have to worry about Lord Fear's opinion! BWA HAHAHAHA!!!!

(I always was one to tempt fate...*sigh*)
When you stare too long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you...
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I'm glad you said Mogdred, Ark. It means I don't have to in order to play devil's advocate. :)

Some of Fear's scenes were extremely funny. Of course, he had a lot of other good characters to banter with. A lot of his scenes would be a lot less funny if it wasn't for "people" (I use the term loosely!) like Lissard and Sly Hands. But he was a wonderful original creation, and something people instantly remember about KM.

But I liked Mogga a lot too. Looking back, I quite like the fact he could take things seriously. I certainly found him a lot more scary than Fear. That evil laugh, wow.

But since someone else has championed Mogdred, I'll stick with my instincts and pick Fear. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Fan
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Fan »

Lord Fear was always the better villain.  He acted more evil and scary.  
rachelesque
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by rachelesque »

well, lord fear always screwed up.  his henchmen could be blackmail and he always got them to do his dirty work* unlike mogdred who would chase teams through the levels.  this shows that he had less control than mogdred.  mogdred also had a harder dungeon with less winning teams.

that said, fear was more entertaining.  his screw ups provided us with entertainment and the interactions were fun.

so in short, mogdred was the better villain and fear was the more entertaining to watch.

*with a few exceptions such as dressing up as brother strange
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I agree. Lord Fear was hilarious at times which makes him one of my favourite characters, however for sheer scared-sh*tlessness Mogdred was better because he could pop up anywhere and interact directly with the dungeoneer. I know LF did as well but only at the very end but only three teams ever encountered him directly. Also, Mogdred put an end to two quests personally - not even Lord Fear did that!
Subject to change.
Dublex
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Dublex »

Moggie (its the find nicknames for Mogdred contest) was the best villain in my opinion - but them I always prefer classic unknown-motive villans :)

Fear is a good villan as villans go though - but he was too humourous in my opinion (not that I'm saying I dislike humour but its more effective if you have no humour if your evil)
Last edited by Dublex on 29 Nov 2002, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
===

Justice - keeping Chaos at bay with a double-edged pointy thing
Stephy24_7
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Stephy24_7 »

I always got the impression Lord Fear wouldn't be so bad if you put him through a few counselling sessions where he could cry about being bullied at the Technomage school and having useless minions... ;)

I suppose mainly I preferred Lord Fear because he had more of a personality, a meglomaniacal, twisted and perverse personality. He also got irritated and depressed - like any other normal person. Mogdred was more scary and did more evil things but he mainly went "Mwahahaa!" a lot and "Swear to serve me!" I can't think of much else he said that wasn't along those lines except "You think you can defeat ME????!!!" Bit monotonous.

But then I really am a child of the later series and I don't remember Mogdred much. My taste of him was mainly from watching Kierans KM vids.
--Steph "I am Lord Mollusc - you are my slave! !(don't ask)" --
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

definately Mogdred!!! scary man fear didn't really do much till series 6 and only appeared once! mogdred used to appear in level 2 making it better quality for scaryness!!
knightmaredave