Death of Bill Cashmore

Projects of the cast and crew of Knightmare.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Death of Bill Cashmore

Post by Pooka »

I'm sorry to report that Bill Cashmore, also known as Snapper-Jack, Honesty Bartram and Bhal-Shebah, died recently.

He was a candidate for Chelsea and Fulham Green Party in the recent General Election and his death has been reported to local party members. His local party contact has confirmed that he was the actor who worked in Knightmare.

Rest in peace, Bill.
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Death of Bill Cashmore

Post by Canadanne »

Pooka wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 19:35 I'm sorry to report that Bill Cashmore, also known as Snapper-Jack, Honesty Bartram and Bhal-Shebah, died recently.

He was a candidate for Chelsea and Fulham Green Party in the recent General Election and his death has been reported to local party members. His local party contact has confirmed that he was the actor who worked in Knightmare.

Rest in peace, Bill.

Stunned by this awful news. Bill was one of my very favourite Knightmare cast members, and I also greatly enjoyed his writing and his performances in other TV shows, especially Fist Of Fun. I kept meaning to send him an email sometime, to tell him I liked his stuff and maybe ask some questions about his time on KM. Wish I'd just got off my arse and done it while I had the chance. :( It's comforting to see that someone *did* send him some love on Twitter just the other week, so he knew there were some Jack fans out there:
https://twitter.com/ScarleTentacles/sta ... 3823070208
https://twitter.com/ScarleTentacles/sta ... 8692510722

I feel so sad for his family, friends and colleagues. :'(
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Very sad to hear of Bill's passing. Bill was by far the stand out performer in series 8, showcasing his great talent. His scenes as Honesty Bartram with Nathan was my favorite bit of the series. Just a shame we only saw Bill for the one series, could have easily stared in many more.

Thank you Bill. Rest in Peace.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

DuxBellorum
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DuxBellorum »

Very sad news! :'( :'(

I always loved his performances (Brass Eye, Fist Of Fun), especially his Knightmare characters.

I thought Honesty Bartram was his best KM character and would have loved to see him develop more during Series 9 or 10.

Rest In Peace Bill Cashmore, thank you for being a part of the Greater Game!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Bill Cashmore's website (http://www.billcashmore.com/) has now been updated with details of his death.

Richard Herring learned the news from someone on Twitter who'd read our obituary on the day we published it. It's bittersweet to know that our efforts enabled people to pay tribute sooner than they otherwise might have.

Less comforting were some of the reactions on Facebook. One person alleged 'fake news ... no confirmation' and, despite our assurances, tweeted the Green Party for direct confirmation with reference to 'a rumour' he'd heard. Another person asked, 'Source?' but had already tweeted Bill Cashmore's account before we could respond. As recently as yesterday, another person commented that it 'seems' to be true.

I can only hope that none of Bill's loved ones was distressed by these comments.

There will inevitably be more such news about the Knightmare cast and crew that it will be our sad duty to report (though not, we hope, for a very long time). When we do, I hope that people will accept Knightmare.com, Knightmare's official website, as a trustworthy, responsible source - however difficult the news is to take.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I was somewhat disappointed at the reaction of certain people to our news. I'm not quite sure why someone would question any news story we post, let alone one of such gravitas.
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Picklemyfav »

so sad to hear of his passing....... i liked snapper jack. :'(
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I only just found out about this yesterday so apologies for the delay in responding.

Very sad to hear about Bill's passing - it was an absolute pleasure to have met and interviewed him for my 25th Anniversary Documentary. Being a busy man that he was in his role as director for Actors In Industry, the company he had co-formed, I was very grateful that he was willing to spare an hour to talk about the characters he played on Knightmare as well as the memories he had of being on the show.

We met at his company's office in London Bridge (as it happens, only a short walk away from where I work presently) where we recorded the interview in the office's cosy lounge downstairs. We began filming, where Bill shortly paused asking if we could restart the interview. He said this was because he suddenly felt able to go into a lot more detail about his time on Knightmare - I was more than happy for him to do this as it meant I would have additional content to work with when it came to working on the final version of the documentary. As the interview progressed, he got more and more into talking about being a part of an iconic programme as well his other acting work and how he then went on to co-founding his own company. The icing on the cake was when I got him to do his Snapper Jack quote, with a little recap from myself given that he obviously hadn't said it for quite some time.

His interview was done in the early hours of a Thursday morning - really nice person to talk to and someone who was very passionate and active in everything that he did. Bill Cashmore is most certainly a man who is already missed indeed.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 18:20 I only just found out about this yesterday so apologies for the delay in responding.

Very sad to hear about Bill's passing - it was an absolute pleasure to have met and interviewed him for my 25th Anniversary Documentary. Being a busy man that he was in his role as director for Actors In Industry, the company he had co-formed, I was very grateful that he was willing to spare an hour to talk about the characters he played on Knightmare as well as the memories he had of being on the show.

We met at his company's office in London Bridge (as it happens, only a short walk away from where I work presently) where we recorded the interview in the office's cosy lounge downstairs. We began filming, where Bill shortly paused asking if we could restart the interview. He said this was because he suddenly felt able to go into a lot more detail about his time on Knightmare - I was more than happy for him to do this as it meant I would have additional content to work with when it came to working on the final version of the documentary. As the interview progressed, he got more and more into talking about being a part of an iconic programme as well his other acting work and how he then went on to co-founding his own company. The icing on the cake was when I got him to do his Snapper Jack quote, with a little recap from myself given that he obviously hadn't said it for quite some time.

His interview was done in the early hours of a Thursday morning - really nice person to talk to and someone who was very passionate and active in everything that he did. Bill Cashmore is most certainly a man who is already missed indeed.

Thank you for sharing this, James. I'm so glad he was part of the documentary.