Knightmare on Challenge at teatime

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Re: Knightmare on Challenge at teatime

Post by wombstar »

I realise that. But I like to think there is room across challenge schedule for KM. Different people watch it at different times. Maybe we all need black boxes on our tv? lol those evening ratings would have been much higher. lol

That's why I hope if any future eps come along they get at least one evening slot like we just have.
It's always the cracked ones that let the light in
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

It's a bit frustrating when you consider the amount it times they repeat other shows, over and over. As for work being light and hours cut im enjoying the Crystal maze during the team time slot. :D haven't seen this for years.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Yes do love the Crystal Maze, with Richard O'Brien! I wonder what the viewing figures have been like for the tea time slot so far?
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Well as only a hand full of people contribute to rating figures we'll never know, the figures we did get of KM must have incorrect.

They've only just started showing Crystal Maze 6pm I think, it benefits from being an hour show for that time slot. KM would probs benefit from a double bill in what id consider a prime time slot.

It's kinda sad but Crystal Maze is only one of two tv shows im currently watching on tv at the moment.. nothing else on worth tuning into.
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

I just replied to this, went to submit, found I had been logged out and had lost all my work. >:D

I tried to say that Challenge showed the Crystal Maze this time last year, at the same 6pm time slot, and it carried on through christmas and the new year up until march (of this year). I used to watch it when it was on at the time, but don't view many of the repeats now. Although did get to see tonights episode, which was dedicated to one of the contestants that had died after filming. :(

It's great they've put Knightmare on each day now, but at a time when not everybody can view it (or even the hour repeat) due to work commitments or other things. It's obviously tailored for the after school audience, who can come home on dark evenings and tune in, but original fans like us, it can prove awkward to view, but I'd much rather have that, than just the one friday night episode they had up until a short time ago. Not featured on weekends either ? Just Monday to Friday now, but five times a week, is far greater than just one episode a week, even if it is, as mentioned, a little inappropriate a time, for some who may want to view it.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Well it's already done the evening rounds so putting it on a tea time is great. As I say there's no reason why it can't be moved around for each showing. I doubt few people will watch a series and then watch it all again?

Really enjoying the Crystal maze repeats, not seen them for such a long time. :)

I just hope they continue with later viewings for future series if they come, it can have more than one time slot.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

It can but the channel itself has gotta think what would be the best time to show it. It's not cheap to buy Knightmare so they want to maximise their viewing figures to justify shelling out for it and to potentially buy more series. For me, I think 6 in the evenings would be the best chance of good viewing figures.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Evelyn Mason wrote:I just replied to this, went to submit, found I had been logged out and had lost all my work. >:D
As a general tip, it's a good idea before you submit a comment on any forum to right-click on your text, choose 'Select All', then right-click again and choose 'Copy'. That way, if anything does go wrong, your work is stored up in memory and can be pasted back in with a couple of mouse-clicks.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

HStorm wrote:
Evelyn Mason wrote:I just replied to this, went to submit, found I had been logged out and had lost all my work. >:D
As a general tip, it's a good idea before you submit a comment on any forum to right-click on your text, choose 'Select All', then right-click again and choose 'Copy'. That way, if anything does go wrong, your work is stored up in memory and can be pasted back in with a couple of mouse-clicks.
I always compose comments in Notepad and then paste them onto websites, for the same reason - it's too easy to write a massive essay and then lose it when your browser crashes or you accidentally navigate off the webpage, as I learned the hard way!
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

pjmlfc05 wrote:It can but the channel itself has gotta think what would be the best time to show it. It's not cheap to buy Knightmare so they want to maximise their viewing figures to justify shelling out for it and to potentially buy more series. For me, I think 6 in the evenings would be the best chance of good viewing figures.

Any reason why they can't do both?
Giving the choice if like to see both for those reasons, not having the choice it has to be at least one run though during the evening for those of us who go to work.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

wombstar wrote:
pjmlfc05 wrote:It can but the channel itself has gotta think what would be the best time to show it. It's not cheap to buy Knightmare so they want to maximise their viewing figures to justify shelling out for it and to potentially buy more series. For me, I think 6 in the evenings would be the best chance of good viewing figures.

Any reason why they can't do both?
Giving the choice if like to see both for those reasons, not having the choice it has to be at least one run though during the evening for those of us who go to work.
I know what your saying but it would have a better chance of decent viewing figures. At half ten it did well for a bit then the figures declined. If we wanna see more series of Knightmare then challenge would need to show it at a time where there is more chance of good viewing figures. Showing it at half ten didn't work after a while and if that carried on the chances of challenge acquiring more series are slim to none.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

Well I did work because many of us got to see it who wouldn't have other wise lol And we don't really know what the finial viewing figures were, because my viewing wasn't counted apparently.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

It worked to begin with but then viewing figures declined so it didn't work out in the end. That was my point.
wombstar
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by wombstar »

That because it was a bit of a novelty when it started, I think most shows start with high ratings and fizzle out over time. But we don't know what the viewing figures are anyway.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

I would like to know what the figures have been like for the teatime showing. Hope they have been good!