For the discussion of Knightmare Live, the stage adaptation of Knightmare
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Re: Knightmare Live - Edinburgh - August 2013

Post by HobGoblin »

Nice review from the Scotsman's influential comedy critic Kate Copstick:

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/theat ... -1-3024394
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Indeed.

And with me apparently having been only 8 when I won, maybe people will be more forgiving about the shortcut.

Even though it seems to have also aged me by a year :)
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I have, of course, sent a correction to the Scotsman.
TreguardLive
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by TreguardLive »

Hi guys,

Thought I'd give you an update as to how things are progressing here in Edinburgh.

Knightmare fever has hit the comedy community. Geeky stand-ups are begging me for the chance to play the show (which is perfect as it's their enthusiasm that translates so well to the audience).
We've had a few palid reviews (to be expected) but we've also had some marvelous ones;
4 stars from
Scotsman
Independent
Den of Geek
Broadway Baby
Informed Edinburgh
And more on the way.

We've had to add an extra show and are selling out consistently... Also I met Ted from scrubs, he really wants to see it!

On Sep 27th we're taking the show to the Bloomsbury Theatre (Eek, it's massive!) and tickets can be found here;
http://www.thebloomsbury.com/event/run/1841

Thanks to everyone who came to the preview and for the amazing write up you did. The show's become a lot more slick and we've replaced the IOU's with real props. Hope to see you all again soon

Paul
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Hi Paul

It's great to hear Knightmare Live is going so well and that your getting good reviews! Also good to hear you've been selling out shows and have had to add an extra one at the Bloomsbury Theatre! Good luck for this show.

Keep up the good work and I really hope you can take it on tour one day, that would be cool!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I regret to say that the write up is not yet published. It will be tomorrow probably.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Post by HobGoblin »

Really pleased this is doing so well.

I've bought my ticket for the London show - I thoroughly enjoyed the rookie production and look forward to seeing the battle-hardened version!
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks for dropping by again, Paul, in this unprecedented week of new Knightmare, old Knightmare and live Knightmare. Hope you're not too exhausted!

The Preview 2 review has been longer in the pipeline than originally intended, for various reasons. But part of its aim was to get Knightmare Live the recognition it deserved ahead of the Edinburgh run, and fortunately that happened anyway, thanks to the BBC.

I've been to the Bloomsbury Theatre. (Theatre, by the way, is from the Ancient Greek word for watchers.) Unlike a rescue goblin with a club, it is far from pokey. When it is filled with Knightmare fans and Lord Fear's ego, the atmosphere will be fantastic.