New Knightmare: confirmation and reactions

Discussion about Knightmare in youtube's Geek Week.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

New Knightmare: confirmation and reactions

Post by Insider »

Mystery solved. As I suspected, a one off youtube special:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... -geek-week
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rumours from Mark Knight

Post by Mystara »

Well.....

I haven't received specific permission to post about this. However, as Ben discovered, there was a press release sent out recently, with an embargo until this morning. As of this morning, several news agencies have posted the information. I can't believe that there was ever an intention for us to not post what is publicly known. Hence, I'm publicly posting information from the press release, but nothing more.

I've created a new subforum for posts related to this discussion (acorn to Shadow). News will be posted via the main site/facebook/twitter (as always).

I've locked this topic since the rumours are no longer rumours.
HobGoblin
Staff
Staff

Press release photo

Post by HobGoblin »

I was expecting a much longer wait to find out what this was - really looking forward to seeing it!

That photo seems to show a CGI version of the room of many doors. Hopefully other classic rooms will make an appearance (along with some new ones of course). However, that spider screams uncanny valley to me!

Let's hope it's good, has loads of views and perhaps it won't actually be a one-off...
Extreme warning team, a Hobgoblin in the level!
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Re: Press release photo

Post by shadow6162 »

Yeah I'm pretty amazed by the photo. As soon as I heard this was a one-off I kind of said "boo" in my head, but something is better than nothing! And yeah, maybe there could be more, but we shall have to wait and see :D
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

The picture of Treguard, is that circa Series 8?

I can't see KM returning to TV but surely if this one-off revival is a success, in this online format, then maybe, just maybe, the powers that be could justify running with it, hopefully in the not too distant future, whilst stock is high at least. I suppose it comes down to the profitability of this concept though also.
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

I've been posting on this forum (and previous incarnations) on and off since the year 2000.

This is the best year in Knightmare's history since the show finished in 1994. No question. 2004 was perhaps the previous holder with the last Challenge repeats, KMVR pilot, Dick & Dom etc, but if 2013 hadn't trounced it already then it truly did so today. Absolutely unbelievable, absolutely brilliant.

Can't wait :D
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

Billy wrote:This is the best year in Knightmare's history since the show finished in 1994. No question.
Absolutely. The fact that we will actually see the original Treguard and the original Lord Fear do battle again in 2013 is immense. Whether it’s on TV or on YouTube makes no odds in the grand scheme of things. I will certainly be watching it through HDMI on my telly anyway!

I am curious to see what/who will return and what new technology will be showcased.

I am also wondering if the production budget for this will match that of previous episodes, I hope so.
Last edited by Insider on 24 Jul 2013, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Billy wrote:This is the best year in Knightmare's history since the show finished in 1994. No question. 2004 was perhaps the previous holder with the last Challenge repeats, KMVR pilot, Dick & Dom etc, but if 2013 hadn't trounced it already then it truly did so today. Absolutely unbelievable, absolutely brilliant.
I was sure I had missed the fandom's heyday when I discovered the community 3 years ago. How wrong was I!

Surely I'm going to wake up at any moment - this is the kind of thing that only ever happens in my dreams before cruel reality dawns. I *believed* Tim and Hugo when they said they would never do Knightmare again... I thought Mark would never come back from the US to play Lord Fear in person... I assumed from KMVR that Cliff Barry was done playing Lissard... how can we possibly be this lucky?!
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Granitas Is Cute wrote:The Knightmare Facebook page has confirmed that Hugo Myatt will return. :)
...Must...go....to Norwich studio...I always wanted to see this as a kid but or go on it but I lived in Essex at the time and only moved up here 11 years ago & a few years after that I went past Anglia studios and they closed down, I also want to show Hugo that picture I did (long as he doesn't mind & Knight when I get that picture done) like with rd this feels like a once in a lifetime chance, but I bet and understand the whole filming's behind closed doors, outside or rd.

I haven't been this excited for a long time,as it is when I get a lot better at animation I always wanted to show My work to anglia studio or the others near it (don't have the qualifications which doesn't help, but have the passion for it and currently working on another animation project (unpaid) for a record label in Cromer).

Edit: Sorry guys just realised when I looked at the top of the page reg Hugos return, I didn't look up at the tie, viewed recent posts and the only saw the latest one, sorry about that.
Last edited by dugeoneerborne on 24 Jul 2013, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

The word is that the new episode of Knightmare will be shown on Monday 5th August. No timeslot announced yet though.
Insider
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Insider »

A week and a half to edit the show isn’t long is it? Hope the quality of the presentation won't suffer as a result ???
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

I still can't believe this is happening and I'm only around the corner.
Sidestep to your left simon style, simon style..whoop...whoop...whoop...whoop.. sidestep to your left simon style.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

Well I never. How terribly exciting.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
dugeoneerborne
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by dugeoneerborne »

Guys I told spoonyone about this as he's a pretty big fan of km as well, hope I get an answer, if spoonyone sees this he has a massive fanbase & that could help get even more viewers & give this revival an even bigger chance to become a full fledged series, it's a shame that I'm not sure if Doug Walker ( nostalgia critic ) is a fan too as that would help even more.

Here's hoping yahoo mentions this soon, it's been mentioned on escapist site.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

HOLY COW IF WE GET DOUG WALKER WATCHING KNIGHTMARE...on second thoughts, I haven't seen a positive review from him for a while now so... :/
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.