Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Discussion of the repeats of Knightmare on the satellite channel Challenge?
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Challenge to re-show Knightmare

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Fair play to you! Everyone's entitled to their opinion! Still checking Challenge TV's Twitter for any updates and fingers crossed they can give us some good news!
The only way is onward, there is no turning back.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

we just all need to make sure we support the challenge facebook page we all know that sockal networking is now v powerful but if we don't support/nag and show out enthusiasm and i mean ALL of us then it simply in a world of competetive tv won't happen!!
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Someone else asked about Knightmare on Challenge's Facebook page, and they replied "we are working on it and should have some news soon!" That does sound promising...
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

It looks like they're still looking into it: https://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/ ... 1654793218
Let's hope all that looking into pays off!
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Fingers crossed! The support is there, just gotta hope that Challenge TV can do a deal.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

shadow6162 wrote:It looks like they're still looking into it: https://twitter.com/ChallengeTV/status/ ... 1654793218
Let's hope all that looking into pays off!
Look harder!! (Where's that LOOK spell when you need it?)
pjmlfc05
Knight
Knight

Re: Knightmare Possibly coming back to Challenge

Post by pjmlfc05 »

Just checked Challenge TV Twitter, they are hoping to have news soon! Hope they don't keep us waiting much longer!
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Canadanne wrote:Someone else asked about Knightmare on Challenge's Facebook page, and they replied "we are working on it and should have some news soon!" That does sound promising...
Whenever Challenge vary their vocabulary, my optimism is recharged. :) I would like to believe that they wouldn't be keeping our hopes up over so many months without a real possibility of a gold bar at the end of rainbow. But as fans, the situation is out of our hands; and until Challenge are able to give confirmation, the wait goes on. I'd suggest putting another log on the fire but that seems a bit insensitive at the moment, so I've made a briquette out of The Mirror. ;)

I noticed in another of Challenge's tweets that they are working on becoming available via Freesat, which can only be a good thing.
SpectralScorpion wrote:Knightmare is an old show and the chances are the target demographic is solely nostalgics
You might be surprised at the genuine multigenerational appeal of Challenge's older programmes, undimmed from their original showings. It's quite appropriate for a channel that was originally named The Family Channel. I'd like to think that if and when Challenge reshows Knightmare, they will do so with the confidence that there must be so many parents, aunts and uncles out there who are itching to share the authentic Watcher experience with their families.

Here's a point that hasn't been made yet: screen grabs. When Challenge last showed Knightmare, their logo was in the top right corner. These days it is in the top left corner. So if and when Knightmare is reshown, it may enable the creation of composite high quality screen grabs without a logo at all.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

It might. The difficulty we face is that the quality of the screen grabs we have is fairly low.