2012: Knightmare's 25th Anniversary

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: 2012: Knightmare's 25th Anniversary

Post by Canadanne »

JamesA wrote:However, as you'll know there is the slight issue of the London Olympics/Paralympics taking place this year (hence why I don't think London would be a good place to host either of the above two ideas). Also, the Paralympics in particular run up all the way to September 9th (two days after Knightmare's actual landmark day).
And on the subject of sport, it may be worth noting that England have a World Cup qualifier on the actual anniversary, so there are bound to be some people watching the match that night.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Hardly a good omen for winning the cup. ;) I wonder if their possible-manager-to-be will give them specially adapted kit bags... called Redknappsacks.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Drassil wrote:Hardly a good omen for winning the cup. ;)
Hahaaa!

Without wanting this thread to go off-topic, I wonder if I was the only Knightmare fan shouting "KNAPSACK!" when today's Pointless final involved words beginning & ending with 'K'. :)
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Is anyone from the community acquainted with Alec Westwood on Facebook? Would be cool to hear his thoughts on Knightmare, since he was there from the start. I'm guessing the picture of Folly on his profile means he remembers it with some fondness.
LiamABC
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LiamABC »

Canadanne wrote:
Drassil wrote:Hardly a good omen for winning the cup. ;)
Hahaaa!

Without wanting this thread to go off-topic, I wonder if I was the only Knightmare fan shouting "KNAPSACK!" when today's Pointless final involved words beginning & ending with 'K'. :)
I said it! Unfortunately, at least one of the hundred people they questioned must have said it too.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Canadanne wrote:And on the subject of sport, it may be worth noting that England have a World Cup qualifier on the actual anniversary, so there are bound to be some people watching the match that night.
If there's scheduling conflicts such as football/paralympics then it'll just have to be taken on the chin, I'm sure not everyone's a sport-minded person and we can definitely promote ourselves as an alternative to "all the sport that's happening"!

I hope to get momentum for Knightmare projects going elsewhere as of next week, and give some additional feedback to what's already been suggested.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

sounds great, apart of the problem that we all have bust lives now and seldom have any free time, which is annoying, i know i don't have any time being a teacher
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Four and a half months to go until the anniversary... I don't suppose any plans have actually come together?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Some good timing from Challenge may answer that! As for James, he's been unwell recently so I wouldn't expect him to advance his plans further until the VIM spells kick in.
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Canadanne »

Sorry to hear that, get well soon James!
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

Thanks. I have had a bit of a lead in the past couple of weeks, but won't say anything else until a.) I follow it up which hopefully should be fairly soon and b.) the lead in question does actually go ahead.

It's worth noting that any end product on my behalf probably won't happen in September now, though I'll do whatever I can to have at least something by the end of the year.

Really hope Challenge TV do go ahead with their own plans though, would be a massive bonus.
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
EvelynMason
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by EvelynMason »

We get Challenge TV here and they keep putting on different retro programmes week in week out, but never Knightmare, most of the youtube downloads are from Challenge when it showed the original series about five or six years ago, but there hasn't been anything since. I really hope they can bring it back and have marathons of knightmare or if not that, then a hour long edition at a time. The 25th anniversary would be a fitting time to show the series again, and put on the very first episode, even if I can't quite remember it.

Please can we have this show back on television again, don't care what channel, just want to see it again. :-/
Myatt
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Myatt »

Hello everyone,

I would like to make a few proposals for community meetups to commemorate Knightmares' 25th, so far there have been some good suggestions. Now I would like to see some dates booked in the diary!

1. Mediaeval banquet at Coombe Abbey near Coventry. This could be an exciting alternative to the usual. I have picked here because of the central location.
http://www.coombeabbey.com/mediaeval-banquets/

2.Mediaeval banquet at Warwick Castle, again central location.
http://www.warwick-castle.com/events/th ... nquet.aspx

3.Group trip to Alton Towers. Blackpool proved to be very successful in 2010 seeing the largest number in attendance in recent years.

4. Lastly, Thorpe park. I believe I am able to claim up to 50% off group tickets through a work scheme. I will need to check on how this would work but the savings could be rewarding especially booking up outside school holidays. :)

Let me know what you think.

Myatt