Legal Knightmare DVDs

For all discussion and ideas for bringing back classic Knightmare.
Nozzer37

Re: Legal Knightmare DVDs

Post by Nozzer37 »

Oh yes Im defo in if a deal is done, I would pre-order and pay up front to help as well, be so good to get these as it was my favourite programme as a kid. Fingers crossed for you!
PGoomba
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by PGoomba »

Forgot to mention, I ended up posting the Knightmare on DVD campaign video to Youtube (back when the old KM website design was still around):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjTY_paQ ... ideo_title

It's had 565 views in about two years.
Hope it helps.
seenoevil

Post by seenoevil »

I'm just registering my interest, I'm SeeNoEvil from the GamesmasterTV forums. I spent months transferring all 126 gamesmaster episodes from old VHS recordings and creating a complete 24 disc DVD box-set;

http://www.gamesmastertv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2668

Prior to this there were only a few sporadic poor quality episodes available online. While still unofficial, this is literally the only way to see them, so I can fully appreciate this project.

I already own the challenge TV recordings of Knightmare series 1-8, but if there was an official & legal way to purchase the full set and show my support for this project, I'd happily pay! If there is an updates mailing list for this, please add my name too.
abgop

Post by abgop »

I'm interested in buying legal Knightmare DVDs. Knightmare should be released in full on DVD or complete season Blu Rays!!! Blu Rays fit a lot of information and you could easily make a Knightmare Blu Ray boxset. PLEASE MAKE KNIGHTMARE EPISODES OFFICIALLY AVAILABLE ON DVD OR FOR DOWNLOAD. You have my vote!
Jenovadeath
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Jenovadeath »

If we're still trying for this I'll whap a linky on my facebook later :)

K xxx
Where was the kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering kaboom!
Trev3962

Post by Trev3962 »

I'd certainly snatch one up for £80! I'll spread the word on Facebook as I know of about 10 others who will want one as well :D
Fingers crossed!
Koquillion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Koquillion »

I'm definitely interested! :)
blowerd

Post by blowerd »

I would be very interested in buying a box set of knightmare DVDs. (Although not downloads as I wouldn't want to use the computer for TV show downloads.)

I am a fan of the show from when it was on orignally on CITV. I have registered on the forum before although I have lost my id, and therefore consider myself to be an existing member of the knightmare online community. A lot of my friends also watched the show. (I'm 28 years old and I consider myself to be a CITV man, rather than CBBC, the shows were all better, despite the adverts, shows such as Fun House, Woof, and Finders Keepers were all watched, as was knightmare.) In other words I am the typical person you have been trying to reach.

However up until visiting the website yesterday I had no idea that this project even existed. Hence why I have only just re registered to the forum and posted in this topic.

Websites such as youtube, facebook, and twitter etc should be bombarded. I looked at the facebook group created, which was mentioned earlier on in the thread, and the group is about to be archived. Maybe a new group should be created. (There are 263 members in the existing group, I have just joined, but no admins.)

I would say that the interest for this is maybe enough to make it viable, it may not be. But if people are not even aware of the existance of the project it is impossible to say what the interest level is, and we won't know. That would be in my opinion the worst thing that could happen, even worst than us definately knowing that there isn't enough interest!

The money is of course the one issue I have not yet mentioned. Well I don't have any kind of magic wand to make it suddenly appear (not even spellcasting M O N E Y will work!) But I'm guessing everyone else reading this also doesn't have enough money on their own either!

Buying the rights to the show (I have read the whole thread up until now) will cost a lot of money as already mentioned in the thread.

The real question I think people need to be prepared to answer is would they accept a financial loss in order for us to buy the rights (I don't see this being profitable as we haven't got any rights yet to anything. So in short I don't see how we can get the money back.) If not then theres little point in my opinion in carrying on with the project. However if people are prepared to accept a financial loss to buy the rights, then the project can go ahead.

(Of course buying the rights is one thing, that would mean that anyone buying the DVD would have to pay seperately for that. But everyone who buys existing DVDs already accepts a financial loss to own the physical copy of the DVD, this wouldn't be any different apart from we are trying to buy the rights in the first place.)

Assuming a £600 per episode cost then:

Series 1 would cost £4,800.
Series 2 £9,600.
Series 3 £9,600.
Series 4 £9,600.
Series 5 £9,600.
Series 6 £9,000.
Series 7 £9,000.
And Finally Series 8 £6,000.

Total cost £76,800.

(I have assumed a £600 per cost episode, as I wanted the figure to be quite high to show a possible maximum figure. Of course this is based on figures already mentioned earlier on in this thread.)

Overall a quick summary of my post then:

1) People need to be aware of the project. I am sure the interest is there myself personally speaking though.

2) To buy the rights to the show people will need to be prepared to accept a financial loss in my opinion. If they are not there is no point carrying on with the project.

Finally sorry if this appears negative. Just want to be a bit realistic.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Unfortunately, there just hasn't been the momentum on this that I would've hoped.

I think we could raise the necessary money, but those involved want to feel some kind of security that they aren't about to lose their life savings for 15 people to buy a £100 DVD set.

We'd need about x20 the response we've had so far before people would even consider it.
shadow6162
Knight
Knight

Post by shadow6162 »

I see what you mean. Well I for one would love this box set to come out.
Many years ago I wrote fanfictions. Now I attempt to write sanely.
Koquillion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Koquillion »

I don't condone illegal downloading or anything but the full-length episodes can actually be found on YouTube. I've been rewatching them that way and have downloaded them for now - I'll be using them privately though, so I won't be sharing them out or making money. Just thought I'd share the fact they can be found - just search "Knightmare: Season 1, Episode 1" and begin.
Koquillion
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Koquillion »

It may be the only option we have :/
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

If you mean Gary Garratt's channel, they've been there for years. I don't think anyone has any problem with it, as the recordings are lo-qual. A DVD release would be a lot higher-res.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Although GaryGarret has done a good job at putting all the episodes up on YouTube I do feel it may have contravened trying to get the people we need to get the show "boxed up" (No pun intended)

Is there any other way besides using merely just the internet to advertise the petition for a DVD release? I mean, could I try getting an advert put up in my local RPG shop or something, or is that a bit of a feeble idea?
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Everything helps.

I've been debating whether to just lock this thread and call it a day. However, the thing that's stopped me is that if we ever get a surge of people wanting to show support, we could easily email everyone who voiced an interest and ask if they were still interested.

With regards to the youtube videos, you're quite right, I think they have damaged our chances of getting a DVD out. I did intend to email the poster to ask if he would at least link back to this project.

However, I never got past a draft of the email. It's difficult to ask for his support while not condoning what he's doing :/