Those early skulls...

Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Those early skulls...

Post by Velda »

I've been watching a few episodes of Series 3 on Youtube (Leo's quest, specifically) and every time a skull ghost appeared (once on each level), I got a shudder down my spine. I think it's something to do with the appearance of the skull combined with the ominous sound it makes, I've decided that those early ones are the scariest of all the floating threats. There's just something so...dangerous about them, you feel they'd sap a LOT more life force from you than the later skulls/pookas.

Who else agrees?
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Those early skulls...

Post by HStorm »

I do. I'm not sure why, but I always found them far scarier than the season 4 skull-hauntings or Stormgeists.
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Maybe it's because they look more like real skulls, with their empty eye sockets and "mouth".

I was watching James' quest yesterday, the poor lad didn't have much chance of surviving that chamber with TWO of the nasties chasing him! 8-o
BrotherStrange
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by BrotherStrange »

Velda wrote:Maybe it's because they look more like real skulls, with their empty eye sockets and "mouth".

I was watching James' quest yesterday, the poor lad didn't have much chance of surviving that chamber with TWO of the nasties chasing him! 8-o
I'd agree with that, very sinister. Up there with troll footsteps (S7 ans S8) for me, the way they get louder... or Aridane full stop!