The Eye Shield Issue 61

A dedicated section for The Eye Shield fanzine.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

The Eye Shield Issue 61

Post by Eyeshield »

The latest issue of The Eye Shield fanzine is now available via the "TES New Issues" page on the main site. If you are very lazy and/or you want to see the frameless version, click here: www.knightmare.com/tes/issue61

Remember, comments are always appreciated!
LexLuthor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re: The Eye Shield Issue 61

Post by LexLuthor »

Many thanks to Jake for another splendid edition of TES. I was particularly interested by the article about Mogdred and the reasons why he never made an appearance in Series 1. As we all know, the final quest was doctored to coincide with the close of the series, so the theory that Mogdred would have appeared on the other side of Jericho 6, thereby necessitating the OPPOSITE spell, is tangible.

I have seen somewhere else on the forum that people think the NILREM door in the Level 3 Clue Room would have led to Mogdred, and I concur with this. Is it conceivable, therefore, that the team should have gone through the NILREM door because Merlin had explicitly pointed out that Mogdred, his alter-ego, needed to be overcome? Admittedly, it is a bit of a loose theory, since the other door was marked by a chalice and they had not yet received the OPPOSITE spell, but it would have been interesting to see how this would have worked out.

While on the subject of the Level 3 Clue Room, why is it that Treguard is so keen for teams to not use the steps to the door on the far right when Series 2, Team 3 go up the stairs behind Jericho 6 and Series 3, Team 10 go through the Level 2 Clue Room backwards, thereby going up the steps? I have always found that somewhat strange.
Eyeshield
Inoperative

Post by Eyeshield »

Thank you for your brilliant comments, Mr Luthor!

Here are my thoughts about your musings: Richard's team definitely did the right thing following the Chalice; Mogdred would have killed them mercilessly if they'd taken the other door. The teams cannot exit via the steps because the blue stairs prop hasn't been brought into the blue room, so they would seem to walk through the steps and wouldn't be able to reach the door if they tried it!

I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on the matter...
LexLuthor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by LexLuthor »

Eyeshield wrote:Richard's team definitely did the right thing following the Chalice; Mogdred would have killed them mercilessly if they'd taken the other door.
In that case, it is a real shame that they did not go through the door. The scene that would have followed would perhaps have challenged his Series 4 appearance with Team 1 as his greatest moment. And it would have been quite a debut, too.
Eyeshield wrote:The teams cannot exit via the steps because the blue stairs prop hasn't been brought into the blue room, so they would seem to walk through the steps and wouldn't be able to reach the door if they tried it!
I'll be honest - I never would have thought of that in a million years. I guess I need to think outside the box more.