Has anybody seen Raven?

Other shows or games that remind you of Knightmare but aren't official derivatives.
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Has anybody seen Raven?

Post by sozboz »

I think the outdoorsy nature of Raven is its strength especially in these times of childhood obesity ???. The locations look amazing but it is all a bit humourless
Malice's loyal subject
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

Raven is certainly a decent series, but it definitely falls into the stereotype bracket of sword-and-sorcery shows in several ways.

The host is a typical, mysterious mentor figure of the fantasy world, a la Gandalf/Obi Wan Kenobi. There's a lot of mystical babble unconvincingly dressed up as pearls of wisdom, and on the whole, the programme takes itself too seriously.

In that regard, the dark irony running through every season of Knightmare beats Raven it into a cocked hat.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have merged the two Raven topics together.

Now we can discuss this merry show a little easier. :P

I have't actually seen this show since I first commented on it. I shall have to catch up with it to see if these additions have improved it at all.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
sozboz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by sozboz »

There is another show on CBBC that feature some of the other elements of Knightmare - computer graphics and close teamwork. I can't remember what its called but teams of brats make virtual creatures which compete against other teams' creatures. I don't like the look of it but I guess I'm not the target audience. Also the presenter is a freakishly bland bloke who pops up on other things occasionally, including patronising old footballers on cup final day
Malice's loyal subject
TheMightyMartin
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:is raven a cheap version of knightmare

Post by TheMightyMartin »

I've never seen the appeal of Raven to Knightmare fans (that's not to say that I think Raven is a bad show, I find it mildly interesting). Sure the setting and the host have similarities, but from there it seems more like a cross between The Crystal Maze and an obstacle course to me. Sorry if this upsets anyone, but hey, it's just my own personal opinion.
"I love a girl with spirit. It's great fun breaking it!"
masterg
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by masterg »

yes
i have
hello knightmare fans and happy new year
King_Gazz
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by King_Gazz »

who was the raven?
Blocker: PASSWORD? Advisor: Chris say red, blue, green & Grey. Chris: red, green, blue & grey. Advisor No chris red, blue. Blocker: GULP
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Ravin' about Raven?

Post by Mashibinbin »

[If this can be put in the existing Raven thread as I'm not sure where exactly it is, thanks]

There's a actually another Raven dvd out there guys that shows the show and isn't just an interactive DVD. It's called 'The Warriors Collection' and while chances are slimmer than a wafer biscuit on a diet it does allow for one of those glimmers of hope that one day this milennium we just may get an offiical Knightmare dvd, or medium of the future, release....
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Pooka
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Ravin' about Raven?

Post by Pooka »

Hmm, I may have to check that one out...
Pooka - teacher, writer, comedian, musician, geek, and full-time Knightmarian.
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Re:Ravin' about Raven?

Post by Drassil »

Mashibinbin wrote: [If this can be put in the existing Raven thread as I'm not sure where exactly it is, thanks]
Did you at least spend a little time having a look for it? It was only on page 3 of General Discussion. You could have found it manually within a minute, and even more quickly by using the forum's Search function. Of course only Moderators can merge threads; and in addition to that, I think it's true to say that they don't mind tidying up after members - in fact, some of the Mods might even enjoy it, in a Mr.-Muscle-slogan-type way - but please do not expect it of them. :)

That said, thank you for the Raven DVD news. Personally, I doubt it will make an official Knightmare DVD release any less unlikely. It just makes the lack of one even more unjust.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re: Has anybody seen Raven?

Post by Redthir »

I personally discovered Knightmare after discovering Raven, and although I prefer Knightmare I am still very fond of Raven.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

I still haven't seen Raven, actually.

I ought to have a look for it.
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

Mystara wrote:I still haven't seen Raven, actually.

I ought to have a look for it.
I can send you an episode or 2.
Mystara
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mystara »

Thanks for the offer, but they're all over a popular (legal) video sharing website.

Best not to advertising episode trading here. Some rights holders have complained in the past :)
Redthir
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Redthir »

Fair enough.