Spell-Casting

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
scorchx
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Re:Favourite Spells

Post by scorchx »

change was mildly amusing, forcing the dungeneer to become a Goblin.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

i quite liked it when VIM was uswed by Merlin wonder what it stands for???
Also quite liked the freeze used on arie adne in series 4 too was quite amusing trguard soundedas ifd he was straining himself by saying "use what you may and use it fast.. quickly quickly"... s p e l l c a s t i n g FREEZE
toook her aaggges to cast that spell im suprise they werent gobbled up
knightmaredave
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Fidjit wrote: Why not create a spell? Like SNEEZE, UNDO, or REVERSE?
UNDO was a spell actually mentioned on Knightmare - by Fidjit!
knightmaredave wrote: i quite liked it when VIM was uswed by Merlin wonder what it stands for???
The word vim comes straight from Latin, and means strength/vigour in both languages.
Fidjit wrote: It would be fun to possess the spells FIRE and FREEZE
I'd like to have MEDAL and BAG. That way, the next time I encounter a spider being shrieked at by an arachnophobic, I'd have the means to deal with both. ;D
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
JamesA
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by JamesA »

I'd like to mention the SHROUD spell used by Mogdred on Series 2 Team 7. Not only was it amusing seeing the team trying to dispell, but I especially enjoyed it for how Mogdred made the dungeoneer disappear in such a way.

Of course, it was also amusing to see the same team mistake a SHOVEL for a spade!
James Aukett
Creator of the Knightmare: 25th Anniversary Documentary
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Drassil wrote:UNDO was a spell actually mentioned on Knightmare - by Fidjit!
Oh yes of course. I do tend to forget what thou says...
How embarrasing. Wouldn't have minded a kiss from Sidriss in all honesty! ;D

We havent seen a STRENGTH spell either however the game that whats-his-name made had it to pull "The Sword" out of the stone!
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Mashibinbin
Staff
Staff

Post by Mashibinbin »

My Top Five:

ANVIL - for the sheer cartonn rip offery.

DRINK - for a slurping sound rivalled only by Compo Simmonite.

FREEZE - for finally showing what happens when someone with icy knickers pees her pants.

TOAD - because I love amphibians.

TRICK - More for what could have happened than what did but this was still a fun little number.
Carpe Diem - sieze the moment.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Another vote for SHROUD, simply for the sheer hilarity of the scene itself.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

No wonder they messed up their quest. Everyone has their archilles heel I suppose.

"Who will be will no doubt be!" - Treguard

These guys could not only spell but seem to think they can cast whatever spell they can conjour up. "SHOVEL sounds too bland, I know... I'll cast SPADE its more punchier! ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Thanks for your replies so far.

The irony of the SHROUD scene is that when the team did finally dispel properly, they made themselves the only team in Knightmare history to directly thwart Mogdred. An incredible honour for such a bumbling bunch. As for them 'calling a SHOVEL a SPADE' in the Level 2 wellway room, they were blooming lucky to get that far, after some dismal riddle performances and an apparent clue object let-off on Level 1 - and of course, the immense help they received from Treguard over SHROUD.

I like DASH from Quest 8 of Series 4. It felt a bit pointless - magic that makes you do what you're physically capable of doing anyway - but the result was fun, with Brett exclaiming "Go Giles go!" and the puzzled goblins arriving too late.

Thinking about it, Series 3 has most of my favourite spells, because the magic in that series managed to be both purposeful and varied, which is a combination that certain other KM years failed to provide.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

merlins ERG
STRANGE ONE THAT of course it meant energy lol but a strange one!!
knightmaredave
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

At the time, I thought that erg was just a shortened version of the word energy. But a few years ago, I decided to look it up in a dictionary, just in case it had a meaning of its own. And it does. Erg is from the Ancient Greek word for work, and refers to the absolute unit of measurement of energy and work in the metric system.
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

BUT
Wonder what would have happened to modred in that scene if Helen and co had used it???
knightmaredave
Picklemyfav
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Spell-Casting

Post by Picklemyfav »

I like the Anvil one when its cast. Just saw a clip of it in action. Funny little thing. Roaring around laughing yet feeling like you want to hug the poor guard that's just been hit on the head at the same time. [hugs poor guard that just woken up from being hit on the head.]

Question...... Would the spell Create be the opposite of Destroy? Or would it be Restore that countered Destroy? :question: Or would they both work?

Which one would save someone from death? :question: I think Create would create life but unsure if it could be used to save someone who was dying. :question:

Dreamt up Destroy in a cool dream last night. 8) Lord Fear tried to cast it on Treguard. Had to spellcast Freeze on Lord Fear which Lizzard dispelled then Lord Fear tried to spellcast destroy again then quickly spellcast Opposite to deal with the spell before Lord Fear finished casting it and save Treguard. It worked. Phew. ;D

Was only told about Create and Restore after saving Treguard. ::) :D
Was told in the dream Create might have certain side effects in its use. Side effects not told as Treguard point blank refused to tell me them. :D
Do any spells have long term side effects after being cast in Knightmare? :question: I know Create did in my dream.
Cedric kneed down close to my helmet so i could see him and told me.
"You're not witless. You're just nice. Too nice really for your own good. That's your main problem."