Press Release from Televirtual

A place to discuss Knightmare-VR, a planned revivial of Knightmare
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Press Release from Televirtual

Post by Emii »

Since the whole thing is the best thing we've all heard so far, don't you think we should concentrate on most of the positive aspects? I agree we should take into account and post the negative ones too but not in TOOOOOO much detail cos it spoils it for everyone else - I mean, our aim was to get KM back on TV, and now there is a chance (kind of) people are spouting as many down sides as possible! *confused* I don't get it. Right little rays of sunshine aren't you? There were bad things about the original KM but it didn't stop you being devoted to that, did it?
I like the idea of the regulars to this site being an influence - what better way to get what we want?
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

(And if any helmeted 13 year olds appear, threaten to eat them unless they tell you more about TG/Knew KM.)
;)
Oh yes please!

"I hunger, feed me adolesent humanity!"
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Debz_g
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Debz_g »

Since the whole thing is the best thing we've all heard so far, don't you think we should concentrate on most of the positive aspects?
Okay, fair point. I agree with you that it is the best thing we have heard so far, but that's the thing, we have waited for this moment for so long that we all (In my case anyway) seem to be afraid that this could become a bit of an anti-climax. We are all so fiercely protective of KM's history that we don't want to see it fail.
Besides my points earlier, I am extremely happy with the prospect of seeing Time Gate, especially since it is a format reworking of KM. As we have covered before, it is by Tim Child, so of course that is another plus!  :)
Last edited by Debz_g on 27 Nov 2002, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
"You think maybe a girl can't do this? Ha!! Like camel I spit on you!!"
Rainecloud
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Rainecloud »

Imagine the Corridor of Blades in this new show - the dungeoneer would actually be decapitated!
*Rocks Out*

Now that the "BBK" campaign might not be needed any more, we should focus on the "Include the corridor of blades in the new series" campaign/petition instead. Agree?
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
Elessar
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Elessar »

Let's stop worrying about the possibility of major changes!

As I said yesterday, we ARE Knightmare at the moment. We are keeping it alive. Don't for one moment try to claim that our petition didn't influence Tim Child's decision to try to bring it back. We can have a huge influence on it!

Corridor of Blades is just a small point! We can design a blueprint for the entire show and leave the technicalities to them! Who else is going to design it for them? Sure, they'll make changes but we can influence their decisions.

So, I propose that we make plans for the new show, and then put it in a nice booklet and send it off to them. They will thank us, not be annoyed by us! Whose with me?
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Go for it Tom :D
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Some more info from Tim Child

Post by Illusion »

The reformat of Knightmare has little to do with TimeGate.

The more complex interactive drama/soap elements , confined in a greater fantasy world have moved into TimeGate. This youth/adult show will be an hour long and will be eventaully accompanied by an MMORG - Massive On Line Role Playing game version on Home computer, after the fashion of Ultima or Asheron's call.

The re format of Knightmare involves simplifying the game both graphically and content wise, in which form it will be far closer to the early TV series of say Series3/4. That is because it will be designed to be played as a LIVE EVENT. There will still be encounters, but the dungeoneer will compete in the dungeon as an avatar and will be able to see and speak. As with TimeGate, there will probably be only one adviser to watch their backs.

The reason why we are planning to play Live is because there is a huge demand for audience access and influence through the introduction of digital interactive services. The RAP system will also generate additional camera views of the dungeon which viewers on digital channels may wish to access.

Currently the proposal is to play the Live game in two 10-12 minute segments in a larger childrens' programming strand, seperate by say 30 minutes of another show or strand element. This will allow elements such as Text messaging and polling to kick in, so viewers can influence the narrative and perhaps even the environments for the next session.
Last edited by Illusion on 08 Feb 2003, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Illusion
Knight
Knight

**Post from Tim Child**

Post by Illusion »

Treguard - of course I'd like Hugo to be part of any revived show, but it won't be my say-so, and if it sits within a longer programming strand, then the existing hosts of that strand may host the inserted game. I don't know. One answer would be to clone our own Dungeon Master and insert him into the dungeon as a Help/Oracle. It also means Hugo could be just as he was in 1986. This would make him very happy - as it would me!

Won't happen anyway? - perhaps not. No promises.

Not the same thing?  - Of course it's not going to be exactly the same as Knightmare when you were small. What sort of clodbrain would expect it to be? But it could be better....

TimeGate: - don't confuse Knightmare Live with TimeGate. The former is a far more complex and adult-orientated adventure.

Still confused? Go to

http://www.televirtual.fsbusiness.co.uk/movies

The demo is just over 2 meg. To retrieve RIGHT click on file timeclip.wrmv, and 'save target as', which will stop it auto opening and streaming. Playback on a powerful modern PC for best results. And be very, very afraid. This facility will be active from 10.00 a.m. on November 28th.
Last edited by Illusion on 08 Feb 2003, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
You're on the edge of a ledge...
Elessar
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Elessar »

Nice on Timothy!

Please have advisors though! Or even two dungeoneers and two advisors.....that would be really good! We just need to think, what would have made Knightmare better at the time wihtout ruining it...
Elessar
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Elessar »

Another major and important issue:

The music! They have to keep the theme tune! Who owns its copyright?
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: **Post from Tim Child**

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

But it could be better....
Sounds like they have some good ideas already. :)
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Yes. Tim was very optimistic about it :)
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

Well, from what I have heard so far, I like it lots.

There was onkly so much you could do with the old KM format, and it was done for 8 seasons, and done to it's best (for it's time).  Now that times have moved on, so has the show.

Tim Child seems to reckon it will appeal to us (don't forget, he is working FOR us, he knows what fans want to see).

I'd like to see Treguard, but perhaps as some kind of dungeon follower, meaning not sat in an ante chamber.

I have contacted Mark Knight and he will probably get onto Cliff Barry about it.

I don't know why (well I may do but...), but I reckon series 9 will be even better than the best (series 3 imho) of the original series, as long as they keep just enough of the original KM in there to keep the old-timers (like us :)) interested, and I reckon Tim Child has us in mind....
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Treguard
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Treguard »

Well the Teaser Trailer looks pretty interesting (and the Xmas message just cracks you up XD  

http://www.televirtual.fsbusiness.co.uk/xmas/
OoooOooOoohhhhh Nasty
beveryafraid
Creator of Knightmare

Post by beveryafraid »

first time experimental login by the Endgame Player.Nice forum!
I don't think you'll entice Fear back to the UK.
They're still looking for him.....
play the endgame and play only to win