Best Series

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.
Superspurs

Re:Which Series is best??

Post by Superspurs »

I'm a big fan of the season 4-8 era.(Particuarly S7&8) Unlike most people it seems, i think KM got better as it went on. There are several reasons (mainly technological) for this.
Yes I admit earlier seasons were more difficult and the fact that a majority of teams would get to level 3 in latter seasons did ruin KM's sense of impossibilty, but the technology was so poor in earlier seasons. Watching the graphics of S1-3 next to the graphics of seasons 7 and 8 is laughable.
Also the huge improvement on puzzles/ timing excercises in the latter seasons (especially S7&8) made them much more tense and exciting.
1)The corridoor of blades is the all time classic closely followed by
2)Play your cards right (i loved seeing Dungeoneers falling of that)
3)the spike puzzle and
4)the causeways (these did get slightly tedious after a while)
I loved the Dwarf tunnels in S6 & 7.
I loved the Smirkenorff rides (S5-7)
I loved the level 3 of S7 (Level 2 in S8)
I epecially loved the level 3 of S8.
Furthermore i think that the fact that both S7 &8 had dramatic finales (with winning teams in the last episode) was good. In other seasons there was a slight feeling of anti-climax because nothing particuarly exciting really happened in the last episode. However i'm not quite sure which one i preferred out of S7 or 8.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I actually prefer the S3 end of season scenes. It feels very final, and it is certainly what I thought at the time!
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
DazzaS
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by DazzaS »

everyone has their own seris you cant just have a go at someone jut cos they like one over another, though seris 1-3 was very good and how it intended with the medivevil feel and the lack of people gave it the atmosphere that the dungeon was the enemy not a particular baddy. brilliant showing some great cliff hangers in seris 3 (excuse the pun team 6 an 11).
Ooh, nasty!
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I have said for a looong time now, my avourite season overall is S3, yet all other seasons are generally on equal levels as thy all have something unique about them.

There is no harm in saying S4 is your favourite, or if S8 is your favourite, it down to perception and taste, and no differing opinion is necessarily wrong, yet claiming someone elses opinion as being 'wrong' certainly is.
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

I think that series 3 has a lot of strong features, which seem to be lost until series 8. In series 3 the computer generated effects were quite good as it was all set in the dungeon (OK the corridors needed working on in terms of effects). After series 3 something was lost when it was taken out of the dungeon and into the forest.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

The later series sort of lost it's plot, Series 1 - 4 had a much better Medieval feel to it...
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
knightmaredave
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by knightmaredave »

each time this is discussed i still say series 6, wiht the differnt death sequences and the drednaught and some very goood teams! very entertaining!!!
knightmaredave
angelordevil4585
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Re:Best Series

Post by angelordevil4585 »

I have to say that I think my favourite series was 7. I guess this is because there were a coupl eof great quests (the winning ones!) and also series 7 and 8 are mainly the ones I remember watching.
Now, I don't like to gloat...what am I saying? I can't believe I just said that, dear me, what a little fibber I am. Of course I like to gloat...love it, something of a hobby.
Snowcat
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Snowcat »

My personal favourite Questing sessions would be the 5th and 6th. Granted the experiments with the technology lost some of the 'feel' of the earlier seasons but it was the first time that the 'Dungeon' had properly grown into a believeable space with locations and characters that you can follow rather than a series of seemingly random rooms and puzzles.

*getting ready to duck and run* AT THE TIME, I actually quite liked the Eye-shield wanderings because they helped to enhance the continuity from one room to the next.

On the other hand, the worst IMHO would be series Four and Eight. I simply don't like the 'pseudo-quakeness' of the CG dungeon (WAY to clean and geometric) in series 8.

Not forgetting to mention the fact that the S4 quests were nearly all cookie-cutter identical! The puzzles only changed slightly and the actual progression of the quest early-on practically didn't change at all!
There are but 2 rules in this realm:-
1) He who sees first is the winner...
2) He who is seen first is toast...
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

I'd have to say 2 or 3, but in general 1-4 were the best ones.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

I say series 2. Simply because it's so much harder and more dangerous than later series's.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

it was hard, but I often think the hardest was 3.

Which series was the easiest?

I'd have to say 4, what about you guys.
Skeletor
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Skeletor »

Favourite:

1) Series 6
2) Series 3
3) Series 2
4) Series 4
5) Series 1
6) Series 7
7) Series 8
8 ) Series 5

Easiest: Most definitely series 8 I think, which makes Team 1 look all the more embarassing.

Hardest: Series 3

I think the show reached it's peak at Level 3 from what it started as. However it went through two transition series's and eventually brought us the brilliant Series 6. I think Knightmare went downhill from there. It was still good but it was in decline and the ideas were running thin.
Last edited by Skeletor on 13 Dec 2004, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfshead
Knight
Knight

Post by Wolfshead »

Favourite seires

8. 5
7. 7
6. 8
5. 6
4. 1
3. 4
2. 2
1. 3
KFan
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by KFan »

Favourite...

1) Series 3
2) Series 6
3) Series 2
4) Series 1
5) Series 7
6) Series 8
7) Series 4
8) Series 5

Having said that, it's all Knightmare, and each and every one of those 8 series make up the reason why this community even exists. I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to watch any series of KM.

However, when I watched them originally on CITV, I was disappointed with S4 and 5 in many ways.