Olde members?

Any feedback, questions or ideas for this forum and website.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Olde members?

Post by MoanaLiza »

Over the past few months as well as having plenty of knewbies registering, I have noticed a few of our old regulars gradually drifting away, coming here less and less frequently if at all. I was wondering what has happened to everyone and I hope that they all do come back as the forum is not the same as it used to be. There are certain ones who havn't been here in months and I've only seen them logged in once or twice and even that was months ago. For example a few members include HStorm, Skarkill (sorry if I upset him, I was only joking with what I said), Semtex Jack, Snowcat, Snowwie, GG (always used to be here and hasn't been here for must be almost a year), Mad Mog Sue, Roxx Aatherton, Phoenix Flame, and others, etc. Just wondering why they don't seem to come here anymore and I hope they all come back soon.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Billy
Knight
Knight

Re:Olde members?

Post by Billy »

It's funny how that happens, isn't it? At the beginning of 2003 there was a huge overhaul, loads of oldies who had been here for years either stopped posting regularly, or just stopped posting. Likewise at the same time, the member count shot up with loads of knew members, most likely fuelled by the Challenge repeats of Series 3.

And now, a year and a half later, it seems to be happening all over again! GG (the second biggest poster) for example stopped posting regularly in March of this year, bar a few posts in April.
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I pride myself on my longevity. :) I found www.knightmare.clara.net and its forum on Monday, 29th October 2001 and since then I've never been very far away. I guess one problem with older members fading away is that there's only so much that can be talked about here - episodes, characters etc. can only be talked about for so long before it (sadly) starts to get a bit dull. In short, I guess the older members who have faded away are simply all talked out.

But since I've never known how to shut up, I'm still here. ;)
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

Yes even GG, who always had plenty of interesting things to say ended up "talked out" I guess. :(

I am glad that some of the old timers are still here and havn't drifted away into the abyss.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Skarkill »

Moana Liza wrote: For example a few members include Skarkill (sorry if I upset him, I was only joking with what I said.)

Hey Yo Moana.

You didn't upset me. I just needed a break form here I was suffering from Burnout.

I'll be back full time soon though, so don't worry.

The Forums Residnet Goblin Master is fine and well, The Irons have been kept nice and shiney and I'm ready to renew my raign of Terror.

So be on your gaurd and see you round

"GOBLIN FODDER."

"HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHELOVELY."
Last edited by Anonymous on 24 Sep 2004, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Madmogsue
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Madmogsue »

as i .... the Insane One, am still about too. sometimes i just dont sign in. but im still about. as was also said. there is only so much that can be talked about. besides i think i may have annoyed too many people with my mindless RPing in the forum, so i tend to spend most of my days in Emii's Roleplay forum. im sure my msnger details are up if anyone fancies a bit of daft carry - on... im always up for that! ;D
Kupo? kupopo?!?
Drassil
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

Post by Drassil »

Moana Liza wrote:the forum is not the same as it used to be.
This can be seen in a positive light too. Old members may stop posting, but new members arrive, to share fresh thoughts and perspectives. In this way, there is growth and gain for all. And for the sake of nostalgia, old posts are still around, waiting to be excavated!

In a saddening way, this thread is a little self-defeating - departed members can't explain why they left, because they're no longer here! Leaving current members, for better or worse, to speculate...

Perhaps some folk have withdrawn because for some reason, they object to the way the Forum is being run? If this is the case, then it makes those who stay, and offer constructive feedback, all the more valuable as members, in my opinion.
Knightmare: Kid-worthy, Naasty, Inspiring, Groundbreaking, Humorous, Treguard, Mesmerising, Adult-worthy, Rewarding, Essential.
darkDescender
Knight
Knight

Post by darkDescender »

Hmmm. I've not been here long, but I know what you mean. I saw Hstorm's site before I came here-really it's thanks to him and his links that I am here. But I have noticed that he, G. Grimwold, Snowwie and others, all of whom I have the utmost respect for, haven't posted in an inordinately long time.
"Welcome to one of Mogdred's little playpens, dungeoneer. Play awhile...Play forever! Mwahahahahaha! Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!"
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I'm increasingly becoming a veteran, and that makes me feel old. ::)

Buuut, I'll still be here for the forseeable future. Well, as long as people want me here.

I must admit, I am becoming increasibly 'part-time', probably because I've finally seen all the KM episodes, all 112 and a half (VR pilot) of them. And taped them.

Although I do wish some people would come back. Still, expect to see visage appear next month, as he slips comfortably back into university.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

Thursday 11 September 2003 Was the date I registered, I didn't realise it was that early last year. However I had discovered the website I couple of weeks prior to this, bit of a spooky day to have joined I suppose. That means I have passed my year anniversery without realising it!

The thing with older members is that people will come and go, they will have reasons for it and I suppose that not everyone announces their reasons for leaving in public. I wouldn't think of it as any cause for concern, more to look back upon. There are new and interesting members joining constantly and that's something to be happy about and to welcome them into the community. I agree with the point made that KM is 15 years old, 10 since it finished and 5 since this website was started so in that time then it is easy to become "talked out" if you've been here the whole time.
Emii
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Emii »

I still here.
"The alarm, Master! The opposition's tracked them! Oh good grief...look - Lord Fear's frozen Christopher!"
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Me too
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Me three.

Sorry If I haven't posted in a long while.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
WillsOfDoom
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WillsOfDoom »

Perhaps we just need to think up some different ways to look at Knightmare, and discuss them. Why was it the best (kids) show ever? Would adding a fourth level be a good idea? Could it work with two dungeoneers?

There's only so many times we can discuss the best series, or the best lifeforce, or the best villain, and it can understandably get boring for some members.

Anyway, I think as soon as something brand new comes along to talk about (ie KMVR), the forum will have an exodus of returning members, plus a whole host of newcomers. It will be good.
I like my telly scary, and very dungeonish.
Illusion
Knight
Knight

Post by Illusion »

Well August is traditionally a quiet month on the site/forum as everyone goes on holiday etc. Things have not picked up much since, but the big VR announcements have been discussed through and Challenge have run through the episodes several times, it is understandable if things go quiet for a bit.

Yes, I would think that many olde regular posters are still around, but perhaps now more in lurk mode (reading not posting). Sometimes people go out of the habit of posting as other priorities in life come up, or perhaps they feel they have contributed all they can.

I'm not sure if it could be explained by the fact that everything has been discussed already and there is little left to discuss. People were saying that 4 years ago and look what happened! Certainly when there is another big Knightmare announcement things will pick up again.

Things go in phases, people come, people go. The regulars on the forum are completely different every year, and some of the knew members will be the olde members in a couple years time. Then we'll have the same discussion again... ;D
You're on the edge of a ledge...