Series 6 Episode 2

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Series 6 Episode 2

Post by MoanaLiza »

Opinions on today's episode please
Last edited by Anonymous on 01 Oct 2004, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 6 Episode 2 *NO SPOILERS PLEASE*

Post by 123Pooka »

Must say I thought that that first team were capable of reaching level 3 or better than that. Just goes to show how deadly those causeways are. It was quite a spectacular fall though must be said!

Enjoyed the suspense throughout level 2. Very tense at times with the dreadnought scene and also the lord fear giant hand scene. The team were very quick on both occasions to escape, unhesitant to act and ready for anything. They also seemed good at using clues to their advantage, and gaining information as we saw in the Motley and Sidriss scene.

So, to sum up, thought they had all the ingredients for success, except that slight hiccup on the causeway.

As for the new team, too early to tell. Sidriss the confused ;D seemed a bit.... confused.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
Crispin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Crispin »

Nice to see the first appearence of the Stormgeist and Pooka. Also I liked the way the guy wiped his hands on Sly's clothes and the silly walk one of them did at the end.
Truth will out. Ah yes. Truth will out and so will you.
mattymoo_goblin
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by mattymoo_goblin »

It was certainly nice to see things moving along quicker than they did in Series 4 & 5. And again its great with the background music, really increases the tension especially when the dreadnaught was approaching and you get the danger music and the armour dropping off the knight.

Shame team 1 fell off that causeway, and that 1 didnt even have a timer lol.

Was it me or did sidriss actually point in the direction she had come from sayin "or was it this way i was going". And then those goblins were coming and she still wouldn't shutup lol.
Overall a really good episode, series 6 really is much more lively than the previous series :-D
You Have too Remember Pickle That This Is Not Game....
WhiteDevil
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by WhiteDevil »

This one has escaped me. How did they know what sequence to follow on the causeways ???

I like the bg music, creepy, i think dreadnaught should have a deeper voice though. Good episode :)
Those Who Live In The Past Are Doomed To Repeat It
Fear
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Fear »

Crispin wrote: Nice to see the first appearence of the Stormgeist and Pooka. Also I liked the way the guy wiped his hands on Sly's clothes and the silly walk one of them did at the end.
Sidriss the confused seemed a bit.... confused.

Sorry she seems to hinder the quest if anything likeh r father she would of have the move on by now.
sda
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by sda »

I liked the first team, first time I'd saw a team that were big fans of KM, they actually knew about the characters and ways of the game. They played well!
dragonfollower_99
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by dragonfollower_99 »

LOVE THE PART WHERE THE DUNGEONEER RIDES SMIRKENORF TO VARIOUS LEVELS!

HAIL TO SMIRKENORF, HE RULES! 8) 8)
Porsmond
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Porsmond »

This one has escaped me. How did they know what sequence to follow on the causeways
If you meant for the first team on causeway 2, they simply had to remember the numbers that appeared in the few rooms before it, that gave them the sequence to continue.
Shame this team died, they were a really good team and worked well together and it was an unfortuate error that killed them off(One wrong step to the left and off the edge he went) Remind me of the " Simon sidestep to the left error" ;D

Roll on Episode 3 anyway
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

But that team was to close to the bock that fell and thats why they fell off.

LF is still mean as ever and hates anyone whos opposes him.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

Another great episode!

Hehe, it was funny when Matt dropped the scroll and said "Woah!" when it happened!

Although the scene with Motley and Sidriss is a bit long, it's still good. Then the spyglass bit, with Lord Fear sticking his giant hand into his pool to give Matt "a helping hand"!

It's a shame they fall off the causeway, not because they haven't got the sequence, but because Matt stepped too far to the left - meh!

And then, when they were leaving, they did a funny pose and Matt did a funny sort of walk, lol!
HarveyTowers
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by HarveyTowers »

Collected clue objects and dodged a storm guiest, one of my lesser favourite new additions.

Sidriss and Motley appear and we learn that Hordriss has again gained promotion, this time to a mage. Pooka appearance and a SAMURAI spell for the team from Sidriss.

Greystagg makes a debut to during the Spyglass sequence and Lord Fear plays his hand.

Sly Hands pops back and they use the SAMURAI spell on him, but on dispelling they got the witch amber and the password.

Dreadort passed with the word monstrous and Heggarty debuts (cripes, they get to meet plenty of characters anyway) helping them up to the door in the sky.

Team have to use the code they have collected though the last few rooms.

Team very unlucky in that they could have beaten the dungeon if it wasn't for a little wobble.

Enter stanger, or rather one of our friends as pixie's quest begins.

Started in the "hall of choice" and met Sidriss in the dwarf tunnels.
Good night out there; whatever you are!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

This episode's title sequence is unique in the fact that there's no "yeeeeearh!" bit near the end. Er, if you know what I mean.

Ah, Series 6, how good you are. But Team 1 appear to be doing so well, only for Matt to fall off the edge of a causeway(all 'number' ones this series, instead of the S5 pick 'n' mix). C'mon! He was nowhere NEAR the edge- yet he apparently overbalanced. Go figure. Still, they provided us with some funny moments, and all struck a pose in the 'going home' sequence. Matt even did a funny walk!

But time goes on, and so does S6, and Team 2 have barely started before they time out in a dwarf tunnel, with Sidriss at Sumayya's side. Credits scroll up a Smirkenoff flight, complete with a GREAT wide shot that shows the entire dragon, rather than just the top half. Would have looked great if they had used it on an actual flight sequence...
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Tom41 »

Ah good, Challenge set the VT to stereo for the next episode ;)

In this series and the next series, you can always tell when deaths are going to happen - especially on causeways. Did you hear the drumming to build tension just before the dungeoneer fell off? Other times they play that suspenseful music and you just KNOW a death is imminent.

Also look very carefully when it cuts back to the causeway just before he dies. That was clearly a specially re-filmed death so the dungeoneer could step off a blue platform, do a 'falling' pose then the rest could be done with digital effects. Look and you'll see a distinct blue halo around the dungeoneer in that scene, clearly the lighting had been changed - filmed after their quest I guess.
Unlike in series 1-3 where they've just sidestepped into thin air, then fallen standing still ;)

The teams don't hear any music while playing, and sometimes don't even know if they die! If they do die, the screen blacks out and someone tells Treguard through an earpiece so he can do his Ooh, Nasty speech - and tell them why they died. Then they re-film a death scene before the team go back home.
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Eli
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Eli »

Definately the best and most entertaining dungeoneer I can remember. I hope more like that come along.

The titles are excellent, but I still prefer the old music. I didn't really enjoy Series 4+5, but this one is definately making up for them :)