Series 5 Episode 4

JoeGrocottJames
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re: Series 5 Episode 4

Post by JoeGrocottJames »

I have just seen this episode from Leggy's downloads (incidentally, episode 3 is 'not available', but episode 4 is now online) and I was wondering how come the team got away with not having the arrow. Why, does everyone think, were they, in the scene with Julius Scaramonger, so desperate to get the arrow, asking Julius Scaramonger if he had it? I laughed when they tried to offer the poison to him and said that he could use it to catch rabbits. What would they have got from it? They seemed desperate to get rid of the poison. They could have just dropped it, and it would have been exactly the same as if Julius Scaramonger had accepted.
Cull
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Cull »

Sorry Cull but JamesP was on here a few days ago and said that Knightmare was loosing its 12:55 slot. It had it for 3 episodes before the new Fort Boyard took over.

However he has said it will be being repeated in December maybe, so just tune in again then. Otherwise its 10AM & 6PM showings..
Hehe... wish I'd signed up sooner and caught that little bit of info now! ;;^^

Hooray! A repeat run! :D Have to keep my eyes peeled and blank videos ready for that then!
lordfearisafox
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by lordfearisafox »

Hey guys!
Im a 21 year old newbie who is thrilled her fave 'kids' programme is back on again! (I used inverted commas cause i never considered it a typical kids show)
You are all so right about Sarah and co as Treguard would say.
My Dad is hilarious, he keeps making fun of Sarah by saying in a girl's voice..."What should I saaay?"
Half the time it's like, er - your name?
All said, I still like em' and the kid in the middle cracks me up. Did you hear Treguard laughing when after he assured her Smirky was on her side she changed her mind and went - "ok, he's a nice dragon" or something like that. Ace! I still find myself cowering behind a cushion. That goblin horn is something that will freak me out til' the day I die! ::Shudder::  :o

Not long til its on  :D

Love yous and leave yous for now

Juliex  :-[
I will of course repay you in the...usual manner!
GrimaldineGrimwold
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by GrimaldineGrimwold »

I have just seen this episode from Leggy's downloads (incidentally, episode 3 is 'not available', but episode 4 is now online) and I was wondering how come the team got away with not having the arrow. Why, does everyone think, were they, in the scene with Julius Scaramonger, so desperate to get the arrow, asking Julius Scaramonger if he had it? I laughed when they tried to offer the poison to him and said that he could use it to catch rabbits. What would they have got from it? They seemed desperate to get rid of the poison. They could have just dropped it, and it would have been exactly the same as if Julius Scaramonger had accepted.
I'd like to know what other people think on those questions. I think I gave my views on those things in my earlier post, so I'm guessing you won't want me to repeat it. :D
"Sometimes of the Grey, but always of the Green, dearie. Shurrup Brollachan! Have you seen Festus, my dear? I need to take him back to Cornwall. " [cackle]
Moggydredlock
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moggydredlock »

Gah!  People seem to know something I don't regarding Leggy's....
Tom41
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Re:Series 5 Episode 4

Post by Tom41 »

Bumped this thread for tonight's episode.

I liked Pickle at the beginning trying to take the role of Treguard introducing the viewers! Treguard then came in and wasn't too pleased...

Resumed from time-out with Skarkill. Didn't have the gold to bribe him with, so instead tried to give him the goblin horn and convince him it was a magic horn! (blow it and riches beyond your wildest dreams will appear). Skarkill told them to blow the horn so he can hear what it sounds like. One of the advisers starts to mention that "Dungeoneers..." - perhaps he was going to suggest that the horn doesn't work for dungeoneers? But they he blew the horn - and summoned two goblins. Skarkill 'kills' the team by putting the irons on them... Ooh, nasty! Treguard mentioned something about 'paying the ransom' to get the dungeoneer back so he could be sent home ;)

Next team started off at a river. They didn't have any money for the boatman, but he didn't need a fare being Level 1. Also, the boatman didn't speak at all in this series, only grunt slightly.
Then a clue 'room' which was more of a clearing in the forest. Took a banana for food, then had to take two objects. There were two weapons on the table, a bottle of poison, and a bag of silver. I liked how the dungeoneer said the length of the arrow was about 75cm! They took the silver and the poison, and exited just as a horn sounded (not a goblin horn though) signalling that someone was hunting in the forest!

Into another clearing, where they encountered Julius Scaramonger, who seemed to be trying to put an animal into a sack! He tried to buy the eye-shield off them, then gave them a password to Level 1. Sounded like Fright Knight to me, but he said it so fast the team didn't know whether he said 'fright knight' or 'bright light'!

On the outskirts of Wolfenden, encountered Gwendolin who accused them of poaching an animal! They described what Julius Scaramonger (the real poacher) looked like, but they didn't know his name! Also, since they were carrying poison, not her token (the arrow), she didn't want to believe them! I think they should have died here since they had the wrong item, like the first 3 series which were stricter.
Instead, Gwendolin decided to accompany them into Wolfenden to make sure they don't do anything with the poison - and so they could point out Scaramonger to her. In Wolfenden, they spotted Scaramonger and pointed him out to Gwendolin. Gwendolin went off to chase him, but not before they gained another password "Greenwood" from her!

Through an eye-shield sequence into a castle courtyard. There was food there, and a spy-glass. Using the spy-glass they learned that the Opposition thought that the dungeoneer would try to take the path of aggression - but only the path of defence was safe! Then imposed a complete communications blackout rendering the spy-glass useless.

In the next area there was a blocker ready (one of the advisers says 'I have a feeling the wall's gonna move'). After picking up and reading a scroll for the first time ever on Knightmare, the blocker moved forward. They decided to use the password that Gwendolin gave them, not Julius - and the blocker let them through.

Through the door into a causeway area, with symbols representing aggression and defence. One of the advisers mentioned this and said it was something to do with what they overheard on the spy-glass. But it timed out here before they could make a move. Yet another Smirkenoff flight sequence under the credits!
One day you say "Enter Stranger" and big goblin comes in!
Billy
Knight
Knight

Post by Billy »

...and once again I turn up late, missing Pickle's 5 seconds of fame and into Team 2's goblin 'orn death. It could have worked, but they simply needed the gold to survive. Still, Skarkill proves himself worthy, and I imagine Lord Fear gave him a pay rise or something. Lovely!

Team 3 are up now, and aside from being so agonisingly slow, they get off to a cracking start when they pick the poison instead of the arrow (completely ignoring Treguard's advice that it was a 'token'). But this is level 1 and the fun has just begun, so they get away with it- even after they offer Gwendoline the poison. We see a scroll for the first time as the Level 1 blocker appears...do they mess things up further and say "FrightKnight"? No, thankfully they say the correct password of "Greenwood" (or was it "Greenward"?). Time Out occurs on a causeway, so 'time' will indeed tell if they've improved!
TheBrollachan
Knight
Knight

Post by TheBrollachan »

Is it just me or are the current team taking their time? They didn't pick up on Treguard talking to Pickle about the arrow not necessarily being a weapon, but to an extent they were let off for choosing the wrong clue object (the poison).

"That knight person we saw through the spy glass" slightly ironic with Mark Knight being Lord Fear.

Incidentally Pickles' intro can be heard here: http://www.stneotsfc.net/Knightmare/s5%20e4%20intro.mp3
Last edited by TheBrollachan on 30 Aug 2004, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmokeHits
Keeper of the original modellers' cast of the Brollachan.
Morghanna
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Morghanna »

Sadly team 2 lasted about 60 seconds in this episode. They needed the gold, which they had rejected in their hurry to escape ariadne. Lead advisor Dan made a valiant attempt to bluff skarkill, but it was never gonna work, so it was the end for the Men of Kent. :(

Team 3 have taken a bit of stick, but i don't entirely agree.
Lead advisor Helen was extremely sharp-witted and seemed to have done her homework, but unfortunately the others let her down, either by indecision or by talking her out of things.

:question: Why did dungeoneer Sarah say the ferryman had threatened her? ???
They quickly reached the clue "room" and had an unusual selection of 2 from 4 objects.
Hilarious comment from advisor William that they should "hide the knife". ::)
Helen had to tell Sarah to take two objects and she was on the right track with her idea that the arrow might belong to somebody, but unfortunately Sarah decided to take the poison instead. ::)

They then seemed to spend most of level 1 trying to get out of the difficulties they had created. (In the less forgiving series 1,2,3 they would probably have crashed out here.)
Crazy scene with Scaramonger where the "script" went right out of the window ;D and then just about managed to talk their way round an irate Gwendoline. Finally placated her by offering her the poison so she could "keep it out of harm's way".
Having got back on track, they settled down a bit. They decided (eventually) to trust Gwendoline's password, not Scaramonger's and passed the blocker.
Easily worked-out the causeway pattern before time-out arrived.
"I think it's about time you got wise to the ways of real magic. The kind that is borne on the dark side." >:D
Canadanne
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re: Re:Series 5 Episode 4

Post by Canadanne »

Tom41 wrote: 30 Aug 2004, 20:04 Resumed from time-out with Skarkill. Didn't have the gold to bribe him with, so instead tried to give him the goblin horn and convince him it was a magic horn! (blow it and riches beyond your wildest dreams will appear). Skarkill told them to blow the horn so he can hear what it sounds like. One of the advisers starts to mention that "Dungeoneers..." - perhaps he was going to suggest that the horn doesn't work for dungeoneers? But they he blew the horn - and summoned two goblins. Skarkill 'kills' the team by putting the irons on them... Ooh, nasty!
God, this scene is just so brilliant. I absolutely love that advisor thinking on his feet and coming up with the story about the "magic" horn (what an imagination that kid must've had!), and Skarkill's response to it is equally perfect. Rayner Bourton is such an underrated Knightmare actor, he's fantastic in all his scenes.