KNIGHTMARE Unfairness

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

Was KM unfair?

es (definitely unfair)
30%
ot sure
13%
o (totally fair)
57%

Total votes: 23

Purgatory
Knight
Knight

Re:KNIGHTMARE Unfairness

Post by Purgatory »

I think it's fair enough.
Each team got a different challenge, each needing a different tactic.

Mind you each winning team had an easy ride,
you could say a team not getting the blades is kinda lucky.. well if you know what your doing this puzzle isn't very hard, also a team not getting the blades could very well end up with something different,

I do think the short cuts were wrong, and i didn't like the complete fixed season 7 winning quest.

But overall i think each team pretty much gets the same, it's just depends on how the team plays the rooms,
My life is an endless purgatory interruped by profound moments of misery
Superspurs

Post by Superspurs »

Fair enough i agree with the last guy.
when i entitled this thread KM unfairness i phrased myself wrongly.
I'm not neccessarily saying outright that KM was unfair i was just saying that quite clearly some teams had it harder than others.
I'm arguing- as the last person said that MOST of the winning teams ( NOT ALL) had a relatively easy ride. thats all i'm really saying
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

I see what you mean. I notice that teams get a slightly differing amount of information in Clue Rooms. For two correct riddles, some teams found out which object not to take and some didn't. Also, there have been occasions when a clue object hasn't been needed. There again, no two quests are identical. It is possible that the game was tweaked as it went along but there was probably no option but to take the pragmatic approach - this sort of thing hadn't been done before. If series 1, for example, had remained as difficult as it was at the start, I doubt the last team would have reached Level Three - they didn't have to answer any of Cedric's riddles, for one thing.
Subject to change.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

I find that Simons team got it rather easy in S4, if I am not mistaken Oakley gives them their clues without asking any questions (it is one team from that season)

But they did, famously, get the Block & Tackle! 8)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
Forester
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by Forester »

Superspurs wrote: Thanks HSTORM you a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shouldn't that be "HStorm of Legend"?
Never test a mains lead with your tongue.
Kieran
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Kieran »

He's made out of stone now? :o

I think it was unfair when our good wall monster in S1 decided to have air problems....It could have easily put the team off their dinner, hence they'd lose their concentration! :)
'He's NOT a Dungeoneer, he's a VERY naughty boy!'
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by HStorm »

No, largely made out of fatty tissue, as usual. :-\
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Raven »

You have to remember they alternate the dungeon. In the early series' he would say something like 'The dungeon is always changing, so any prior knowlewdge of it will be useless'.
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Oh Superspurs, I'm sorry for my poor attitude toward you yesterday... I was wrong all way round and I feel absolutley stupid! :) ;)
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Superspurs

Post by Superspurs »

This is an interesting twist in your intentions Fidjit.
I suspect a deception?
This epic feud between me and you must continue.
Only one of us will get to Level 3 and BEYOND
Fidjit
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Fidjit »

Arkay... ;D
If the only way is onward how would you get home for tea?? :-/
Superspurs

Post by Superspurs »

I made an argument about the producers making it it harder for certain teams. Well something interesting has come to the fore which i forgot to mention.
If you watch KM you'll notice that on a couple of occasions (ESPECIALLY IN LATER SEASONS) teams took items from the clueroom and they never had to use them to get through the level. Theres something dodgy about that. Obviously one of the fundamental elements of KM is that you need to pick (the right) 2 clue objects to survive a level.So why were several teams able to complete a level without using a clue object.
It seems that a team may have blundered BUT the production team let them off for it and found a way of letting them complete the level anyway.
Last edited by Superspurs on 18 Jun 2004, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Raven
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by Raven »

The dungeon has different paths doesn't it? It always has more than 1 door, they could also be used to 'throw them off the scent'.
The Raven's Labyrinth - Where danger lurks around every corner...
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Superspurs wrote: I made an argument about the producers making it it harder for certain teams. Well something interesting has come to the fore which i forgot to mention.
If you watch KM you'll notice that on a couple of occasions (ESPECIALLY IN LATER SEASONS) teams took items from the clueroom and they never had to use them to get through the level. Theres something dodgy about that. Obviously one of the fundamental elements of KM is that you need to pick (the right) 2 clue objects to survive a level.So why were several teams able to complete a level without using a clue object.
It seems that a team may have blundered BUT the production team let them off for it and found a way of letting them complete the level anyway.
LETS HAVE SOME RESPONSE TO THIS. ANY ONE WITH ANY THEORIES ABOUT THIS OR INDEED DOES ANYONE (TIM CHILD) HAVE ANY ANSWERS TO THIS.
One possibility springs to mind. Take Julian's team in series 2. In Level One, the quill was never used - he left it on the side of the Wellway en route to Level Two. So, the quill in itself didn't really do anything. However, perhaps the fact that they were carrying it was the factor. If they'd taken the dagger, perhaps it would have scared off some of the characters they'd have met and therefore not got the information they needed? Perhaps it's a case of the choice of object *not* to take being important.
Subject to change.
Superspurs

Post by Superspurs »

NOT a bad theory malefact.
So i take it you dont suspect the producers of manipulating things like i suggested.