Worst series?

Series, Teams, History, Behind the scenes etc. - all discussed here.

Which is the worst series?

eries 1
No votes
eries 2
No votes
eries 3
9%
eries 4
36%
eries 5
18%
eries 6
9%
eries 7
18%
eries 8
9%

Total votes: 11

MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Worst series?

Post by MoanaLiza »

We've had which was the best year, but which in your opinion is the worse series? For me series 4, as it was too repetative "Is that the eye shield master?" "I believe it is!"..."Look master, it sees it sees". Also you tended to more or less know what was going to come next, most of the quests had more or less the same outline and mostly the same way. Some of the quests also seemed a bit slow (zzzzzzzzz).
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
Skarkill
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Worst series?

Post by Skarkill »

I have to agree, S4 was pretty dull espechialy following on the heels of S3, it was pretty perthetic.
It's The Irons For You. LOVELY
Malefact
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by Malefact »

Don't forget that series 4 was a huge change to the format, though. It was an extremely bold and courageous move to do that. Granted, it does suffer from repetition but it does have some classic moments in it, imo.

I would probably have to nominate series 7 as the worst series - perhaps there should have been more of a change after series 4, 5 and 6 just as series 4 was a huge change after series 1, 2 and 3.
Subject to change.
MoanaLiza
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Post by MoanaLiza »

I do have to agree that there are some classical moments in s4 including the sidestep left incident and Giles' quest. We also had the first winning team since s2 and the introduction of two notorious killers - The Corridor of Blades and The Block and Tackle. S4 also had the introduction to the outside world - beyond the dungeon.
The Forum Moana and chief honey pot carrier!
"Come and take a gander at this bit of ugliness"
123Pooka
Level 2 Dungeoneer
Level 2 Dungeoneer

Post by 123Pooka »

Series 5 for me was the weaker of the series, just thought that the quests were all quite similar. In other series as the season has come to a close there has been more variation (different chambers, different things happening) just didn't think there was as much in this one. I found the causeways good but the combinations repetitive.
Also thought the character Aesandre should have been used a bit more but to be fair there weren't a lot that reached level 3, only 2 or 3 if I remember right. She could have been used more often in level 2 I guess (like mogdred in earlier series)
Saying this is my least favourite series doesn't mean I greatly dislike it, just seemed to lack speed and variety. Still, highlights such as smirkenoff, lord fear's spyglass scenes and the level 3 parts were definitely worthwhile.
The only way is onward, there is no turning back. Oooh nasty, didn't realise the road ended there!
LordF
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by LordF »

Series 4 wasn't the best because of the getting to grips with the Eye Sheild and the repeative dialogue.
LordF's DA Account
LordF's LiveJournal
Also known as Lord Fear
frieza
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by frieza »

I think season 6 (1992) was the worst out of all the eight. Many of the characters were (or became) bland and boring, the constant emphasis on the causeways was repetitive, and there just seemed to be none of the spice that was in previous series. Although I have to agree that season 4 was also boring, but maybe that's just because it came after season 3.
Lord_Bob

Post by Lord_Bob »

123Pooka wrote: Series 5 for me was the weaker of the series, just thought that the quests were all quite similar. In other series as the season has come to a close there has been more variation (different chambers, different things happening) just didn't think there was as much in this one.
I must agree with you on this Pooka, watching it recently then there are too many eye shield wilderness sequences, similar causeways which should've been cut down a bit more in some cases. The winning team had a very simple final confrontation and LF barely made an appearance in their quest. spyglasses were good but a lot of outdoor bits were dull and several very poor teams also let the season down for me.
FrightKnight
Knight
Knight

Post by FrightKnight »

I'm going to have to make a judgement after I've seen series 6-8...only 3 series are still fresh in the mind.

I could say series 1, as things evolved from thereon, but the only info I have on it (besides only lasting 8 eps) is on the Knightmare website.
"A rotting pie! Oh no, I'm dead!"
Velda
Level 3 Dungeoneer
Level 3 Dungeoneer

Post by Velda »

I'm another one who thinks S4 was the worst, for the same reason in that it was just TOO samey. The weeping doors really annoyed me too (it was their voices!). But I still liked it because it was KM! :)
Lord-fear

Worst Series of Knightmare?

Post by Lord-fear »

Hi Everyone!

We all know the best series of Knightmare was series 3 (those who disagree shall be Goblin Fodder!) ;D

But what would you think to be the worst season of Knightmare: one that was unoriginal and dragged its feet

Melly
Last edited by Lord-fear on 03 May 2004, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
HStorm
Fright Knight
Fright Knight

Re:Worst Series of Knightmare?

Post by HStorm »

Probably season 5, although personally I've never thought much of S6 either.
Knightmare Audio Plays from The Dunshelm Players.
zzt
Level 1 Dungeoneer
Level 1 Dungeoneer

Post by zzt »

Frankly, I don't care. I'm all entertained, unless I see *turns around*...A SKULL! *runs off screaming, chased by a floating skull*
That zzt is an american!
Moonlight
Dungeoneer
Dungeoneer

Post by Moonlight »

Tough one! Things that I didn't like about certain series (like the pie) were balanced by good stuff (like good games).

Even series that made me leave the room (because of Ariadne) were great... The scaryness was still fun!
Snowwiewolf
Knight
Knight

Post by Snowwiewolf »

Hmm.... I liked them all really, but in the first series with the broken key room I got REALLY bored, same goes for any other slow foot-work room...ZZZ
Last edited by Snowwiewolf on 02 May 2004, 16:53, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an alien, you're a berry picker!